• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2021 2:53 pm
[OP]
Banned
May 12, 2021
105 posts
367 upvotes
Canada

[Home Depot] LG Electronics 36-inch W 28 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator $2,895.00

Hi Guys

Here's a large fancy refrigerator with ice and water dispenser, a window and wi-fi(!)

What an age we live in.

Also it's part of there buy more, save more event, so additional savings if you need additional appliances.
Cheers
28 replies
Nov 17, 2013
308 posts
359 upvotes
Toronto, ON
need more appliances on this forum.

this is a pretty warm deal, i think. I think i've seen this price through the summer on this unit.
Jun 14, 2010
257 posts
85 upvotes
The few days of research I've done on fridges mentions to avoid LG. They have a class action lawsuit going on right now IIRC.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7136 posts
6230 upvotes
Ottawa
I had to share.

With Fido Mobile!
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1274 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto
Phil and Sil wrote: The few days of research I've done on fridges mentions to avoid LG. They have a class action lawsuit going on right now IIRC.
thanks for sharing. What brands would you say are recommended for fridges? Definitely not Samsung.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
2672 posts
6130 upvotes
Ontario
Phil and Sil wrote: The few days of research I've done on fridges mentions to avoid LG. They have a class action lawsuit going on right now IIRC.
Personally I like LG appliances. BUT... they have a high failure rate for their compressors on their fridges. Mine failed last year after about 8 years. Had to get it repaired. I'm told that LG compressors are notorious for having short life spans.
Jun 14, 2011
661 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
Wouldn't get a fridge that is not counter depth, sticks out way too much..
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1597 posts
2255 upvotes
I'm kinda pissed my house has a 33.5" cutout for the fridge.
The 36" fridges always have more features and are often cheaper.
Stop posting 36 inch fridge deals dammit!
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1597 posts
2255 upvotes
xXKEIXx wrote: Wouldn't get a fridge that is not counter depth, sticks out way too much..
Depends how your kitchen is designed but I agree sometimes (especially in older homes) it looks pretty awful especially if you can see the non stainless sides of the fridge.
You do loose a lot of space though and with a large familly sometimes it just won't cut it.

Most modern kitchens are designed so that a standard depth fridge will fit completely enclosed with just the doors sticking out.
Last edited by RaphaelG041 on Aug 10th, 2021 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 14, 2010
257 posts
85 upvotes
mcfrugal wrote: thanks for sharing. What brands would you say are recommended for fridges? Definitely not Samsung.
I got this from r/Appliances:

Do NOT buy an LG or Samsung refrigerator. Look for WP/KitchinAid, Whirlpool manufactured Kenmores (model numbers starting 110 and 106), or Frigidaires.
Be careful when looking at Kenmore because some of them are dogshit and some of them are actually decent whirlpools with the Kenmore brand slapped on them.
May 25, 2010
52 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
I went LG with all my recent appliances. They’re not running yet as the kitchen reno is not yet complete. Looking at consumer reports, LG is rated highly. At least the Fridge and dishwasher I bought were.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2564 posts
1188 upvotes
I'm very curious too what brands we should be keeping an eye on..

I'm in the market to replace my old side by side with a 36".
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3618 posts
3889 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The only LG appliance I've had is an LG front load washer. Lasted me 17+yrs and just failed on me with repairs beyond economical repair. Got my money's worth.
Decided to get another LG (still waiting for delivery), but this time, I took one of the https://www.costco.ca/lg-5.8-cu.-ft.-wh ... 82610.html instead. All the front loaders had such crappy reviews.

Oh, and I have a Pre-LG era, Goldstar large Microwave, which still works like a charm [knock on wood].

Only good thing about LG at least, is their flat rate out of warranty repairs: https://lgoutofwarranty.ca/en/main/home.do

However, having said that... I also have to say that I know at lest 2 people that needed to wait nearly 2 months to get their appliance repaired, due to lack of stock for parts on LG's behalf.

For Fridges, I'll stick to Frigidaire ( I know, every brand has their issues). They've been making refrigeration for ages. Hey, even my 1972 Buick has a Frigidaire A/C unit :)
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1541 posts
505 upvotes
RaphaelG041 wrote: I'm kinda pissed my house has a 33.5" cutout for the fridge.
The 36" fridges always have more features and are often cheaper.
Stop posting 36 inch fridge deals dammit!
Try living with a 35" gap. Three-quarters of an inch too small for most 36" fridges.
LG still has 6 of the best-rated fridges on Consumer Reports. Unfortunately most new appliances are no longer built to really last, so you're gonna see short lifespans for critical components on most of them.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1597 posts
2255 upvotes
HaZaRd wrote: Try living with a 35" gap. Three-quarters of an inch too small for most 36" fridges.

And a 33 will always look too small. That's brutal.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11272 posts
4642 upvotes
xXKEIXx wrote: Wouldn't get a fridge that is not counter depth, sticks out way too much..
Depends on your needs, lose too much storage space in the fridge if it is counter depth.
Mar 11, 2018
137 posts
228 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
You can always recess the fridge into the wall (make sure it isn't load bearing). Then the standard depths look like counter depth since you gain ~4" of space. Did it on mine and it looks great.
Feb 18, 2008
732 posts
1493 upvotes
mcfrugal wrote: thanks for sharing. What brands would you say are recommended for fridges? Definitely not Samsung.
I don't know.

I have a Samsung that I'm in love with. Bought it December 2010. RFG293HARS for 1500$

Haven't had a problem until now, it has a gas leak :(
Looking for a new one and I'm so disappointed by the others!

My Samsung fridge has twin cooling, my vegetables really stay fresher longer.

American fridge feels so cheaply made! Drawer doesn't slide well they slide plastic on plastic!!! My cool pantry drawer has bearing slides!

I want the same interior quality that I have right now. Don't want bell and whistles ( wifi, screen, water dispenser) they are just more worries and risk to broke.
I lost the ability to remember things when I lost the right to a full night's sleep.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1630 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto
From my research, the lawsuit was in regards to the compressors in their fridges which failed within 1-3 years for many of their fridges built up until 2018. LG has stated that they have fixed the issue now, and also now offer 5-10 year warranties on their parts including the compressor.

I did my own research with everything in mind and still decided on purchasing one for an upcoming home.