Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Lincoln Mig-Pak 140 Wire Feed Welder - $399 YMMV (Regular $858)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2022 4:12 pm
Aug 21, 2018
8 posts
31 upvotes

[Home Depot] Lincoln Mig-Pak 140 Wire Feed Welder - $399 YMMV (Regular $858)

Fairly well reviewed 110v mig/flux-core welder. I’ve been looking for a good price machine to learn on for awhile. Found in clearance section. Very few remaining in stores and marked as regular price on stocktrack (https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1000521319). Could be very YMMV.

Good luck!
Images
  • B404D563-3AEB-4084-B69E-3D407102E18F.jpeg
27 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1569 posts
1156 upvotes
Good price for a decent welder. I picked mine up on a similar Lowe's clearance a few years ago.
Apr 29, 2018
246 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
None in Mississauga Argentia store.. there is a 180 for 748 for anyone who is interested
Mother of all necessities ---> RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1309 posts
440 upvotes
Markham ON
think that is only in your province my g. None in ontario
Think Less, Imagine More
Imagine Not Being A University Of Waterloo Computer Engineering Dropout...😃
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1493 posts
1623 upvotes
Kingston
CT's 125i is a pretty sweet little machine to have around for occasional work or if you're looking to learn and will only set you back about $250 when on sale. Flux only though, but unless you're gonna weld a lot, you're probably not gonna buy an argon tank anyways.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1156 posts
886 upvotes
Waterloo
My son is just taking up welding and picked up a Yes Welder machine.

For the price and flexibility the MIG-205DS seems to be a great little machine.

I think he got it Black Friday for 20% off and it was shipped from a Canadian warehouse with no HST (Ontario). Worked out to be a great price.

He was doing mig flux and arc but just got himself the tig torch, regulator and we just picked up the bottle at Crossfire in Bolton yesterday ($250 for full bottle 80cf of 100% argon).
Oct 7, 2007
397 posts
168 upvotes
Rider Nation
Must be store specific. Shows Regular price in Sask.
Jul 24, 2008
51 posts
32 upvotes
Ontario
Would this be overkill for someone looking to learn welding but with no real use for it? Would I be better off with a Canadian Tire unit?
Dec 20, 2006
633 posts
96 upvotes
Trekky1700 wrote: Would this be overkill for someone looking to learn welding but with no real use for it? Would I be better off with a Canadian Tire unit?
I think in the end your cost would be the same if you decided to sell it. The Lincoln would hold nearly all its value at $400, but if you got the Canadian tire one on a deep discount it would probably be close. Difference is the Lincoln will be a better welder.
Jan 19, 2006
937 posts
92 upvotes
This would be great to learn MIG on (if you get it on sale) with a way better resale value compared to Mastercraft if the hobby doesn't stick.
Oct 19, 2008
454 posts
692 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Trekky1700 wrote: Would this be overkill for someone looking to learn welding but with no real use for it? Would I be better off with a Canadian Tire unit?
I would go with the Lincoln. (Have had the same one for 10+ years.)
As others have said, it will hold value better. But, more importantly IMO while you are learning you want one that is good enough that it supports you and makes it easy vs a cheap one that you have to work around and will get frustrated with.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
Redshft wrote: I would go with the Lincoln. (Have had the same one for 10+ years.)
As others have said, it will hold value better. But, more importantly IMO while you are learning you want one that is good enough that it supports you and makes it easy vs a cheap one that you have to work around and will get frustrated with.
This is exactly the advice I got and the reason I picked it up after years back...
Feb 18, 2015
240 posts
231 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
No, this is a 120v low amperage MIG without gas. Overkill would be a big 240v MIG with gas, mind you they can do a lot more.
A small stick is also awesome to learn with and less mechanical to break in 10yrs.
Aug 1, 2009
172 posts
57 upvotes
Deal appears to revert to full price in Quebec.Angry Face
Mar 4, 2010
100 posts
186 upvotes
Orillia
Bbrown3979 wrote: The 180HD is half off in Ottawa at the two stores I checked https://www.homedepot.ca/product/lincol ... ?rrec=true

Just ordered online from Gloucester, and it was $499 in the order confirmation.

I'm canceling my order and will be attempted to PM my local store (Orillia)

Correction, online Orillia order also registered as $499 sale price.

I have a mig pak 15, and this will make for a great replacement
Jan 19, 2006
937 posts
92 upvotes
I have a feeling Home Depot is dumping the Lincoln welder line or welders in general. I noticed in all the stores here they pulled all the welder related stuff and put them in the clearance isle. Gloves, expendables and all.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1450 posts
1346 upvotes
Oakville
DerekVinyard wrote: No, this is a 120v low amperage MIG without gas. Overkill would be a big 240v MIG with gas, mind you they can do a lot more.
A small stick is also awesome to learn with and less mechanical to break in 10yrs.
The 140 will do gas...it's MIG .....Metal Inert GAS. You can see the regulators in the link. I have one with the gas setup.

"Includes gas hose and regulator, samples spools of MIG and flux core wire, MIG nozzle, spindle adapter to hold 8" spools and How to Weld DVD. "