Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Lincoln Mig-Pak 140 Wire Feed Welder - $399 YMMV (Regular $858)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2022 4:12 pm
Nov 18, 2008
778 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
I was a bit obsessed with welding during a period of time because I've always wanted to learn welding. I did a quick MIG welding class and was kind of hooked.

My first welding was the Lincoln MigPak140 without a gas setup so just FCAW. MIG is truly like metal hot glue gun in terms of simplicity and getting a nice looking weld. The puddle on MIG is very visible, nice orange flow of lava whereas the puddle on FCAW is like flow of very dark lava - hard to see.

FCAW is almost a totally different animal especially if you're welding thin metals. It took me a full roll of wire in practice to fully get that "ah ha" moment with FCAW on thin metal - the ability to control speed, manipulate contact tip to work distance when you see an issue that a burn-thru could happen any moment now from either the metal getting too hot or there is a gap in the seam.

I also bought a stick welder DekoPro brand on Amazon for like $150 just for fun and that thing works amazingly well for a little 120V unit. My hand does shake a bit holding a long rod but I just cut the rod in half and that allows to get similar precision as the wire gun as well as strike an arc much easier that way.

For portability and just general repair when needed, I think $150 DekoPro welder would do because the MigPak 140 is heavy and with $150 welder, you can lend it to friends if needed lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3084 posts
1409 upvotes
hoping to find a 140 somewhere in Toronto on clearance.

I have the CT machine with a bottle, but I'd love to get the adjustibility of a real welder and then just swap my bottle over.
Jun 13, 2009
65 posts
75 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP.

I've wanted one of these for a while and It's never been this cheap on sale in the last 10 or so years, 399 was a steal. I managed to grab what appeared to be the last one at Cyrville rd in Gloucester.
This was hiding on the top shelf in paint section so odds for anyone else looking that you'll need to look around real good as the associates probably won't.. LOL
Jan 3, 2006
378 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Was about to pay a scalper $500 for this but decided to check my local home depot today and i found one on the top shelf for $399+tax.
I LOVE DEALS!
Jul 2, 2005
429 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga
That's a good price. I just got my Yeswelder firstess mp200 5 in 1, so far so good, you can run it in 110 or 220. I've been using FCAW, so far it's been great compared to my old Canadian Tire one.
Jul 6, 2002
615 posts
109 upvotes
Markham
Seba wrote: Was about to pay a scalper $500 for this but decided to check my local home depot today and i found one on the top shelf for $399+tax.
Which location were you able to find this? Was the last unit? Tia!
Jan 3, 2006
378 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
c5ho wrote: Which location were you able to find this? Was the last unit? Tia!
I was at the richmond hill north location off elgin mills. it was the last one
I LOVE DEALS!
Oct 18, 2020
5 posts
2 upvotes
Just got this in Edmonton at Southport in case someone is looking