Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Makita 10 inch sliding mitre saw w stand $287 reg $479

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2021 5:25 pm
Sep 17, 2019
9 posts
31 upvotes

[Home Depot] Makita 10 inch sliding mitre saw w stand $287 reg $479

Just found this at home depot Mississauga south (Mavis and dundas). There are 4 left from what I could see, after I grabbed mine. They are by the tool section against the front wall.
Images
  • 20211222_131934.jpg
16 replies
Jan 12, 2007
274 posts
62 upvotes
Nice find. I've found this price sticker before on the shelves previously but sadly never in stock when I'm there.

10" seems to be a good size
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
4278 posts
3753 upvotes
I'm surprised to see the so-so ratings of this given it's a makita. I'm a fan of the Bosch, but have budget with Rigid, so who am I to talk though...
Jun 10, 2005
604 posts
393 upvotes
At heartland right now and there's at least one in stock from that I can see
Feb 13, 2016
866 posts
1163 upvotes
Just something I learned this year and want to share as a Noob DYIer. Price is great especially since it is also a sliding saw, it makes a huge difference from the nonsliding ones.
Last edited by onthemove on Dec 22nd, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 13, 2016
866 posts
1163 upvotes
MonsieurDealz wrote: It does and this one slides, has a laser and includes a stand as well. Great deal at 287
Sorry yeah I know, wanted to emphasize the greatness of the sliding feature. Let me edit my comment.
Dec 8, 2017
755 posts
2358 upvotes
QC
razrsharp wrote: I'm surprised to see the so-so ratings of this given it's a makita.
There's a long review that explains that this model is made by a 3rd party for Makita, confirmed by the rep. This might not be such a good deal after all, depending on the usage.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2017
1010 posts
940 upvotes
GTA
The stand on this seems like an afterthought. It doesn't support material any wider than the unit does itself.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
11402 posts
5239 upvotes
projectman44 wrote: The stand on this seems like an afterthought. It doesn't support material any wider than the unit does itself.
Totally, it looks like a piece of junk honestly.
Aug 29, 2012
292 posts
250 upvotes
SURREY
My friends got one of these so I'm lucky enough to be able to borrow it when needed. The one thing i really like about this saw is the way it starts when you press the trigger. It slowly ramps up the saw blade speed so you don't have to clamp the material you're cutting. The ryobi sliding saw i used to borrow jolted every time I pressed the trigger which required me to clamp it down or reposition the material while the saw is running. The ryobi stand is awesome when compared to the makita, which I rather not use and just cut on the ground or use a folding table.
Oct 27, 2016
111 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I had this saw for a while, and had endless issues with it. I love Makita tools, but the quality on this is garbage. Getting it to cut straight was luck of the draw.

I worked with Makita support a bunch, and they couldn't help. My research online found that the 10" is not actually made BY Makita, it's farmed out to a cheap manufacturer (not sure who) and it shows. Not sure why this particular tool gets that treatment.

In any case, YMMV - best of luck.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1912 posts
1497 upvotes
Longueuil
savethebeer wrote: My friends got one of these so I'm lucky enough to be able to borrow it when needed. The one thing i really like about this saw is the way it starts when you press the trigger. It slowly ramps up the saw blade speed so you don't have to clamp the material you're cutting. The ryobi sliding saw i used to borrow jolted every time I pressed the trigger which required me to clamp it down or reposition the material while the saw is running. The ryobi stand is awesome when compared to the makita, which I rather not use and just cut on the ground or use a folding table.
I got my first mitre saw in the last year so maybe I am using it wrong but I am not sure the starting speed matters. Don't you need to start it without the blade touching the wood and then you move it down (and slide it if needed)? So you are already at full speed when you actually start cutting the wood. If you start it with the blade already touching the wood, I would definitely expect a kickback.
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try...
Aug 29, 2012
292 posts
250 upvotes
SURREY
JEDI Force wrote: I got my first mitre saw in the last year so maybe I am using it wrong but I am not sure the starting speed matters. Don't you need to start it without the blade touching the wood and then you move it down (and slide it if needed)? So you are already at full speed when you actually start cutting the wood. If you start it with the blade already touching the wood, I would definitely expect a kickback.
As someone that's actually tried this, if you start the saw while touching the wood and it binds up, its probably going to trip your breaker. What I'm talking about is the speed at which the saw blade goes from 0 to max isn't instant ( which is what causes the jolt ). The makita ramps up the speed slowly so the material doesnt move when cutting.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)