Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] MAKITA 12V Max 1.5Ah Lithium-ion (2-Piece) cordless tool combo $79.60 Free shipping. YMMV.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2019 12:51 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1195 posts
1367 upvotes
GTA

[Home Depot] MAKITA 12V Max 1.5Ah Lithium-ion (2-Piece) cordless tool combo $79.60 Free shipping. YMMV.

YMMV as you need to choose Gloucester as your store to get the pricing in the title. Happy hunting.
Zoomer Wireless $40.50/6GB unlimited minute plan;
Public Mobile $15 unlimited incoming call;
Fido $10 4GB LTE data/Month plan
34 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1169 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Great deal on this little set!
May 6, 2019
61 posts
94 upvotes
Change your home store to Gloucester. Then you will see the price in your cart.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3365 posts
3550 upvotes
Mind my ignorance here. Will the impact be usable on tire lug nuts ?
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5474 posts
2296 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: Mind my ignorance here. Will the impact be usable on tire lug nuts ?
No, too small for that job, this is designed to drive screws
Jan 24, 2007
845 posts
248 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
PriceHunter wrote: Mind my ignorance here. Will the impact be usable on tire lug nuts ?
get a breaker bar to loosen the nuts and then use an impact driver or drill with socket attachment to unscrew. makes the job of seasonally changing tire super fast. i havent felt the need to buy an impact wrench yet.
Mar 12, 2013
32 posts
23 upvotes
has anyone found this price at another store?
Life is like a box of strippers named Chocolate, or Porsche, or Harley...in other words - like licking sugar cubes through plexiglass. Live fast and save some 75% dollars (CAD) while you're at it.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19549 posts
6850 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
What is it with peoples obsession here with using impact tools for lug nuts. A length of pipe breaks them free in half a second and you'll save what, 5 seconds using a tool to get them off the threads after that?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4504 posts
590 upvotes
Scarborough
BinaryJay wrote:
What is it with peoples obsession here with using impact tools for lug nuts. A length of pipe breaks them free in half a second and you'll save what, 5 seconds using a tool to get them off the threads after that?
I used to do that but with the cheapo mcguard wheel locks being so shallow the key has begun to strip unless you apply direct pressure inline to the lugs
I have cheap replacement lugs on order, dealership wanted my first born and a second mortgage for a normal replacement sent

lifeisfuneh wrote: No, too small for that job, this is designed to drive screws
FWIW My dad's milwaukee impact driver has no problems pulling off lugs
Again I have no issue with the breaker bar, but free access to tools, why not :P
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3365 posts
3550 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: What is it with peoples obsession here with using impact tools for lug nuts. A length of pipe breaks them free in half a second and you'll save what, 5 seconds using a tool to get them off the threads after that?
Not an obsession my friend, I always use the car provided breaker and jack to open the lug nuts fully and lock them once replaced the winter tires and vise versa, nice to know if there is something to help out the process as I get older.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19549 posts
6850 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
pnyknights wrote: I used to do that but with the cheapo mcguard wheel locks being so shallow the key has begun to strip unless you apply direct pressure inline to the lugs
I have cheap replacement lugs on order, dealership wanted my first born and a second mortgage for a normal replacement sent
The last time I had a wheel lock just shatter while still on the hub while removing it I just replaced all of them with regular lugs and forgot about them. If we're honest with ourselves we know that these "locks" don't actually lock anything anyway.

Lexus/Toyota dealerships will sell new lug nuts for $1 each... so I usually just use 'em until they look like hell and then get new ones there. The winter ones are practically sacrificial.