Hot Deals

Home Depot

MAKITA 18v Brushless Combo Drill-Driver + 2x4.0Ah batteries and charger 182.35$+tx

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2022 3:25 am
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 22, 2008
20 posts
53 upvotes
Montreal

[Home Depot] MAKITA 18v Brushless Combo Drill-Driver + 2x4.0Ah batteries and charger 182.35$+tx

Seems like a good promo to build up your MAKITA set. I bought the grinder along with it and returned it right away to bring the before tax price down to 182.35$ (this only works in-store, not online). Considering it comes with 2x4.0Ah batteries, it seems like a pretty good price for a brushless combo. Full retail price is 348$ usually. Note the drill isn't a hammer drill.

For comparison a non-brushless/non-hammer drill RYOBI combo with 2x1.5Ah batteries is currently 138+tax at HD.

List of eligible free tools:
- MAKITA 18V LXT Cordless Turbo Blower
- MAKITA 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 6-1/2-inch Circular Saw with Durable Aluminum Baseplate (Tool Only)
- MAKITA 18V LXT Cordless Reciprocating Saw (Tool Only)
- MAKITA 18V LXT Li-Ion 4-1/2-inch Cordless Brushless Angle Grinder with Thumb Switch & Lock-on (Tool Only)
- MAKITA 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Jig Saw with Variable Speed, and Tool-less Blade change (Tool Only)
- MAKITA Cordless Impact with 18V Brushless Motor (Tool Only)

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/catego ... icles.html
Last edited by mogurah on May 26th, 2022 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
63 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32055 posts
13569 upvotes
Oddly you can pick your free tool as another same impact driver--guess that's for those that need multiples--maybe doing some work with 2ppl?

Apart from the drill and impact driver, only other tool that is brushless is the grinder. Doesn't look like any of the other tools are brushless. Also the drill in the kit is unfortunately not a hammer drill.

Good deal still--Makita stuff ain't cheap usually--but just pointing those things out.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2011
1060 posts
395 upvotes
At checkout I see the invoice showing 0$ for the grinder. How did you manage to return for full value?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2360 posts
1133 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
bobbyg9 wrote: At checkout I see the invoice showing 0$ for the grinder. How did you manage to return for full value?
The return trick dosen't work for online orders.
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 22, 2008
20 posts
53 upvotes
Montreal
MrBigNose wrote: The return trick dosen't work for online orders.
I did not know that, will edit accordingly!
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 22, 2008
20 posts
53 upvotes
Montreal
bobbyg9 wrote: At checkout I see the invoice showing 0$ for the grinder. How did you manage to return for full value?
Home Depot has a maximum return value when you buy an item as part of a kit. See attached invoice (I bought in-store so can't comment about what it shows up as online).
PXL_20220526_182932311.MP.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
2239 posts
252 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks, just picked up the same set and returned free tool without problem.
This is a hot hot deal for Makita brushless set with 2 4ah batteries
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2014
1838 posts
2759 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Debating grabbing this too.

Seems like a better deal than the combo with the same impact driver and different drill (hammer driver hybrid) for 429.

Wish I could get the paddle grinder though, I'd actually keep it.

Hmm...wonder if I could come back and "exchange" the switch grinder for the paddle grinder and pay the 10$ difference lol...
Sr. Member
Jul 28, 2005
755 posts
129 upvotes
Mississauga
Does anyone have an opinion on Makita vs the Milwaukee Fuel jigsaw?
Trying to decide which is best.
I’m not tied to any echo system.

TIA
[removed]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 19, 2004
7549 posts
391 upvotes
BC
Does it matter which free tool I picked up for returning? And do I have to wait or can I just do it right away?
insert witty comment
Member
User avatar
Jun 18, 2005
344 posts
1258 upvotes
molexir wrote: Does anyone have an opinion on Makita vs the Milwaukee Fuel jigsaw?
Trying to decide which is best.
I’m not tied to any echo system.

TIA
The brushless Milwaukee has more power but the brushed Makita just feels better with good blade speed control which I prefer for jigsaw work. Get some good Bosch or even Festool blades which are stiffer and won't bend nearly as much as cheapos.
manixc wrote: Does it matter which free tool I picked up for returning? And do I have to wait or can I just do it right away?
Get the most expensive one. Drop the kit off in your car and head to the return desk.
Member
Feb 5, 2008
211 posts
31 upvotes
dingus wrote: Get the most expensive one. Drop the kit off in your car and head to the return desk.
Do you bring your receipt to return or just say you don't have receipt?
Newbie
Jul 26, 2020
84 posts
93 upvotes
jackyqxl wrote: Do you bring your receipt to return or just say you don't have receipt?
If you bring the receipt they won't refund it. The trick discussed here is abusing a loophole from HD where you can return an item without a receipt. It's literally scamming HD!

To each their own ethics! I personally wouldn't return the item as I think Makita is one of the better tool manufacturers and they are the ones pushing the offer, not HD.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1161 posts
906 upvotes
Toronto
Do they allow you to return the set instead and keep the freebie? Obviously it wont be free since they only refund the lowest amount they have sold for, but im wondering if this way one can get a deal on the bare tools if we already have the kits.
Member
User avatar
Jun 18, 2005
344 posts
1258 upvotes
Phil6667 wrote: If you bring the receipt they won't refund it. The trick discussed here is abusing a loophole from HD where you can return an item without a receipt. It's literally scamming HD!

To each their own ethics! I personally wouldn't return the item as I think Makita is one of the better tool manufacturers and they are the ones pushing the offer, not HD.
Lol. It's not a scam or a loophole and nobody needs to heads to confession after returning a leafblower. Home Depot's been offering pro-rated returns on their free tool promos for probably a decade or more, they know what they're doing and they're not losing money on it.
orighammer wrote: Do you get store credit or cash value?
Goes back to your original form of payment.
Josecc wrote: Do they allow you to return the set instead and keep the freebie? Obviously it wont be free since they only refund the lowest amount they have sold for, but im wondering if this way one can get a deal on the bare tools if we already have the kits.
Return either one. On your receipt there's a pro-rated max return value of each item.

ex. Drill & driver kit $298 + leafblower $199 = $497 total value

$298 / $497 = 0.60
0.60 x $298 = $178.68 pro-rated return value of the kit

$199 / $497 = 0.40
0.40 x $298 = $119.32 pro-rated return value of the leafblower


Now you might run across a store manager who refuses to accept these individual returns but it's clear as day on the receipt and he/she's just being a dick.
Newbie
Nov 24, 2020
5 posts
1 upvote
dingus wrote:
Goes back to your original form of payment.
Will the HD staff ask any other questions when you request the refund without the receipt?
How would they know the origin form of payment without a receipt?
Newbie
Apr 22, 2008
16 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
No issue for return, just give the tools and receipt . No asking, get return back to the credit card. Thanks
Newbie
Nov 10, 2020
16 posts
19 upvotes
dingus wrote: Return either one. On your receipt there's a pro-rated max return value of each item.

ex. Drill & driver kit $298 + leafblower $199 = $497 total value

$298 / $497 = 0.60
0.60 x $298 = $178.68 pro-rated return value of the kit

$199 / $497 = 0.40
0.40 x $298 = $119.32 pro-rated return value of the leafblower


Now you might run across a store manager who refuses to accept these individual returns but it's clear as day on the receipt and he/she's just being a dick.
Oh man, thank you for that explanation! I was so confused throughout this thread. Will definitely try to hop on this deal.
Newbie
Dec 15, 2021
66 posts
78 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
ES_Revenge wrote: Oddly you can pick your free tool as another same impact driver--guess that's for those that need multiples--maybe doing some work with 2ppl?

Apart from the drill and impact driver, only other tool that is brushless is the grinder. Doesn't look like any of the other tools are brushless. Also the drill in the kit is unfortunately not a hammer drill.

Good deal still--Makita stuff ain't cheap usually--but just pointing those things out.
You can’t call yourself a tradesman until you’ve used two drills at the same time.

As far as I know, to get your equivalent of a Trade Masters designation in BC you gotta use 2drillz while jumping through the air.
Red Seal Journeyman in BC. I’ll try to answer and clarify electrical questions.

Interests: Computers/Gaming. Badminton. Beer. Weekly Costco threads.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)