Hot Deals

[Home Depot] MAKITA 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit (4-Tool) + Free battery $448

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2018 9:50 am
[OP]
Dec 2, 2009
417 posts
44 upvotes
BC

[Home Depot] MAKITA 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit (4-Tool) + Free battery $448

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.18v- ... 25631.html

Makita 18V combo set + FREE BATTERY
$448

This is the cheapest i've seen this set. I've been watching it for a year and I finally pulled the trigger. + you get a free battery as well.

Best image I could fine, you don't get the flashlight and the kit comes with 2 batteries + an additional 3.0ah battery
Last edited by mx703 on Nov 9th, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
6255 posts
2382 upvotes
Kootenays
Please put the price in your thread title. It saves the rest of us time. You can do it by going to "Edit" then "Advanced".
Nov 28, 2011
138 posts
126 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Nice Kit. Enjoy it. Covers the major bases.
Makita has a long history and solid performer.
Too bad they do not get as much lime light as the other brands at the home improvement stores.
They have a enormous tool line in the specialty tools which we never see on the shelves :(
Feb 16, 2014
7 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
My money is also on Makita. They make a great kit. I use an impact driver and drill daily for work, estimate about 500 screws a day into 1"ply or hardwood. My Makita driver lasted about 5 years before the trigger went, silly employer decided to switch to the big yellow machine and I figure I go through one every 6 to 8 months.
The build quality on the Makita is far superior to Dewalt.
However in all honesty I use Rigid at home due to the evet lasting warranty.
[OP]
Dec 2, 2009
417 posts
44 upvotes
BC
badger11 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 6:25 pm
Nice Kit. Enjoy it. Covers the major bases.
Makita has a long history and solid performer.
Too bad they do not get as much lime light as the other brands at the home improvement stores.
They have a enormous tool line in the specialty tools which we never see on the shelves :(
Totally agree. No one ever talks about Makita, but my dad is a big fan, which is why I am one, too.

Thanks!
Speilman1972 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:00 pm
My money is also on Makita. They make a great kit. I use an impact driver and drill daily for work, estimate about 500 screws a day into 1"ply or hardwood. My Makita driver lasted about 5 years before the trigger went, silly employer decided to switch to the big yellow machine and I figure I go through one every 6 to 8 months.
The build quality on the Makita is far superior to Dewalt.
However in all honesty I use Rigid at home due to the evet lasting warranty.
The guy at Home Depot highly recommended Makita as well, though he said he would go with rigid, just because of their lifetime warranty.

I'm hoping these guys last me a long time, considering I won't be using it nearly as much as you.
Sep 6, 2011
645 posts
994 upvotes
Speilman1972 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:00 pm
I use an impact driver and drill daily for work, estimate about 500 screws a day into 1"ply or hardwood.
500 screws is about 63 screws per hour for an 8 hour shift... wouldn't it be easier to use a nail gun instead?
Nov 28, 2011
138 posts
126 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
isgaard wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 2:41 am
500 screws is about 63 screws per hour for an 8 hour shift... wouldn't it be easier to use a nail gun instead?
Screws vs nails--a whole new discussion.
Some people just want the assurance of greater holding power.
For decks I personally prefer screws over nails.
I know... I know... Time is $ for a contractor but I'm just a DIYer >)