Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] MAKITA DLM431Z 18VX2 (36V) LXT 17" Lawnmower (Tool only) $404 /w PM+BEAT

  • Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2020 1:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2607 posts
2588 upvotes
Montreal

[Home Depot] MAKITA DLM431Z 18VX2 (36V) LXT 17" Lawnmower (Tool only) $404 /w PM+BEAT

Jccayer has this lawn mower for $499 minus $50 for makita orders over $400. You can get Home Depot to price match and beat for $404.

Home Depot and Amazon's regular price is $599.

This lawn mower model require 2x 18V batteries because it run at 36V.

Very well rated and sold everywhere on the planet so you can parts.

Here's the parts list and diagram: https://placide.com/pub/media/diagramme ... eces_1.pdf

Amazon low price was $460 in April 2018 so I consider this a all time low.
Last edited by SquadG on Apr 29th, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1628 posts
490 upvotes
I got the combo kit with this lawnmower, 2 batteries and a double charger for $100!

I couldn't believe the price!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2607 posts
2588 upvotes
Montreal
Genblue wrote: I got the combo kit with this lawnmower, 2 batteries and a double charger for $100!

I couldn't believe the price!
Wow. Must had been clearance or something if new. On the used market its going for 450++ in my area right now and that is without batteries.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1628 posts
490 upvotes
SquadG wrote: Wow. Must had been clearance or something if new. On the used market its going for 450++ in my area right now and that is without batteries.
It was an online order that must have been returned to the store.. the $450/$350/$250/$150 prices had all been crossed out.
I went up to the cashier to see if it was truly $100 and she said "I guess so", so I said, "I take it" and ran out of the store as fast as possible, Ikea-style!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2607 posts
2588 upvotes
Montreal
Genblue wrote: It was an online order that must have been returned to the store.. the $450/$350/$250/$150 prices had all been crossed out.
I went up to the cashier to see if it was truly $100 and she said "I guess so", so I said, "I take it" and ran out of the store as fast as possible, Ikea-style!
You really are lucky! Hope you like that mower
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1628 posts
490 upvotes
SquadG wrote: You really are lucky! Hope you like that mower
Extremely lucky! I went in looking for the clearance Makita blower with 2 batteries and came home with a better deal!
Newbie
Sep 25, 2019
21 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal
I was finally able to nab this at 404 + tx.
Went through 2 agents via chat before getting one willing to do it. Don't bother with calling, I never had someone reply.

The trick for me was just saying "it's 450 when added to the basket", even then they came back with a price matched price of $449( 499.99-10%) and I had to reinforce that it was advertised at 450 in basket, and PM should be 404.99.
Don't mention this is a Makita tool special, or that you need X amount of dollars spent on Makita before getting the discount.

Also I am in QC and this worked, despite not having Jccayer near me. Made sure though that JC does ship to my location though.

Now time to wait for a battery deal :D
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2607 posts
2588 upvotes
Montreal
noAntidote wrote: I was finally able to nab this at 404 + tx.
Went through 2 agents via chat before getting one willing to do it. Don't bother with calling, I never had someone reply.

The trick for me was just saying "it's 450 when added to the basket", even then they came back with a price matched price of $449( 499.99-10%) and I had to reinforce that it was advertised at 450 in basket, and PM should be 404.99.
Don't mention this is a Makita tool special, or that you need X amount of dollars spent on Makita before getting the discount.

Also I am in QC and this worked, despite not having Jccayer near me. Made sure though that JC does ship to my location though.

Now time to wait for a battery deal :D
I am in QC too but I live about 45 minutes from JC. They have only 1 store.

When I called in yesterday, I told the person it's 499 but there's a Makita promo in the basket (it's on the home page also). He said "Yes, you are right. It'll be 405 + TX". Done deal.

I got myself adapters from Ridgid to Makita so if you already have batteries, maybe try getting 2 adapters instead.
Newbie
Sep 25, 2019
21 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal
I guess it all depends on who you land on. In any case thanks for bringing this up, it's perfect size for my house and a great price. I don't have any batteries besides dewalt at the the moment, I was gonna comit to makita's outdoor tool selection and just buy the batteries. I'll keep the adapters in mind. Cheers
Newbie
Aug 10, 2017
23 posts
34 upvotes
Not bad, but here is a better deal. Your offer is 404$ bare tool with no battery. this kind of battery worth alot, like 100$ each, even more, you need 2x 5 AH for the lawn mower. So about 680$ for the tool + 2 batteries, tx in.

i paid 409$ for; lawn mower + 2 batteries + air blower (worth 150-200$)

Atlas Machinery had a good deal last week, - 50$ off too with order over 400$, but the coupon is dead.

They are backorder atm on the 15'', they told me you can do the purchase and they will ship in 2-6 weeks, but;

15'' lawn mower + 2 battery + turbo blower for 439$ + 50$ shipping (+- 550$ tax in and shipped, mower + 2 batteries + air blower)
https://www.atlas-machinery.com/makita/ ... SPECIAL-A4


17' lawn mower + 2 battery + turbo blower for 499$ + 50$ shipping
https://www.atlas-machinery.com/makita/ ... SPECIAL-A5 (+- 625$ tax in and shipped, mower + 2 batteries + air blower)

they say free shipping on their website, but if the order is too heavy it will cost something. I can confirm, they called me to say its 50$ shipping for the lawn mower kit.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2607 posts
2588 upvotes
Montreal
Oczcarol wrote: Not bad, but here is a better deal. Your offer is 404$ bare tool with no battery. this kind of battery worth alot, like 100$ each, even more, you need 2x 5 AH for the lawn mower. So about 680$ for the tool + 2 batteries, tx in.

i paid 409$ for; lawn mower + 2 batteries + air blower (worth 150-200$)

Atlas Machinery had a good deal last week, - 50$ off too with order over 400$, but the coupon is dead.

They are backorder atm on the 15'', they told me you can do the purchase and they will ship in 2-6 weeks, but;

15'' lawn mower + 2 battery + turbo blower for 439$ + 50$ shipping (+- 550$ tax in and shipped, mower + 2 batteries + air blower)
https://www.atlas-machinery.com/makita/ ... SPECIAL-A4


17' lawn mower + 2 battery + turbo blower for 499$ + 50$ shipping
https://www.atlas-machinery.com/makita/ ... SPECIAL-A5 (+- 625$ tax in and shipped, mower + 2 batteries + air blower)

they say free shipping on their website, but if the order is too heavy it will cost something. I can confirm, they called me to say its 50$ shipping for the lawn mower kit.
Thanks for your input. It is actually a better deal I think if you can wait or need the batteries as well. The 17" mower you linked is also the newer version of this mower.

I will be using adapters so to me it's cheaper just to get the mower.
Newbie
Sep 25, 2019
21 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal
Oczcarol wrote: Not bad, but here is a better deal. Your offer is 404$ bare tool with no battery. this kind of battery worth alot, like 100$ each, even more, you need 2x 5 AH for the lawn mower. So about 680$ for the tool + 2 batteries, tx in.

i paid 409$ for; lawn mower + 2 batteries + air blower (worth 150-200$)

Atlas Machinery had a good deal last week, - 50$ off too with order over 400$, but the coupon is dead.

They are backorder atm on the 15'', they told me you can do the purchase and they will ship in 2-6 weeks, but;

15'' lawn mower + 2 battery + turbo blower for 439$ + 50$ shipping (+- 550$ tax in and shipped, mower + 2 batteries + air blower)
https://www.atlas-machinery.com/makita/ ... SPECIAL-A4


17' lawn mower + 2 battery + turbo blower for 499$ + 50$ shipping
https://www.atlas-machinery.com/makita/ ... SPECIAL-A5 (+- 625$ tax in and shipped, mower + 2 batteries + air blower)

they say free shipping on their website, but if the order is too heavy it will cost something. I can confirm, they called me to say its 50$ shipping for the lawn mower kit.
yeah...wish i saw this earlier. For my scenario this is a better deal. I am gonna cancel the home depot order, or see what they can do for price matching on this.

Came out to 558 after tax and shipping for 17inch

Top