Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Makita Hammer Drill and Impact Driver Combo $167 with 2 batteries, charger, and tool bag YMMV North Vancouver Location

[OP]
Dec 16, 2013
118 posts
90 upvotes

[Home Depot] Makita Hammer Drill and Impact Driver Combo $167 with 2 batteries, charger, and tool bag YMMV North Vancouver Location

Saw this Makita combo at Home Depot while I was grabbing some other things. I'm just starting to look into getting my own set of power tools so not sure if this is a good deal or not. Input on the hotness/coldness of this sale is definitely appreciated.
Contains:
Hammer Drill - DHP482Z
Impact Driver - DTD152Z
2 batteries - 1.5AH 18V
Charger and Tool bag
Model name: DLX2131SY
Regular price says $299, discounted to $167

Editing to add that this was the North Vancouver Store.
Also, just to add a bit more relevant info for analyzing this sale price, I saw there was the Ridgid deal with a hammer drill and impact driver combo for $149. However, I have not been able to find this available at any of the Home Depots I visited.
Images
  • 20210823_205131.jpg
Last edited by Nuckles on Aug 24th, 2021 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
7 replies
Sep 8, 2010
682 posts
874 upvotes
Ottawa
I love my Makita drill and impact driver. I bought a similar combo a year ago and I use it often. Mine was 2AH batteries I think.
Makita is typically more expensive and has less cordless tools selection than others but the quality makes up for it.
You can't go wrong if you get this combo.
You don't have to stick to a single company for all cordless tools.
Jul 23, 2020
5 posts
3 upvotes
I had bad experience with Makita, didn’t last a year. I was also working with steel but my Milwaukee have no problem dealing with this
Jul 13, 2016
141 posts
311 upvotes
This would be an excellent price for the non hammer drill version, so it is definitely a hot deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4484 posts
2966 upvotes
ovni121 wrote: I love my Makita drill and impact driver. I bought a similar combo a year ago and I use it often. Mine was 2AH batteries I think.
Makita is typically more expensive and has less cordless tools selection than others but the quality makes up for it.
You can't go wrong if you get this combo.
You don't have to stick to a single company for all cordless tools.
Having too many platforms I feel is wasted money for batteries and chargers. Trust me I have ridgid, Milwaukee, Bosch and Dewalt tools. I say stay to one platform or get some adapter to make your batteries multitask with other brands if possible.
Dec 13, 2006
701 posts
643 upvotes
Vancouver
cristianosham wrote: Having too many platforms I feel is wasted money for batteries and chargers. Trust me I have ridgid, Milwaukee, Bosch and Dewalt tools. I say stay to one platform or get some adapter to make your batteries multitask with other brands if possible.
no i would just stay with one. i coudlnt imagine having different batteries/chargers what a nightmare..

I stuck with makita because at the time they had the smallest impact driver.. i figured the amount of time ill be using this plumbing , id rather not have a big heavy one. So ive been with them for 10 years. No real issues. never had a tool fail yet. i own this combo, sawzall, grinder, saw, chainsaw , radio, multitool.