Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Makita sub-compact Brushless 18V 140$ (50% off) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2022 6:04 pm
Dec 18, 2017
9 posts
78 upvotes

[Home Depot] Makita sub-compact Brushless 18V 140$ (50% off) YMMV

Bought this at Home Depot Anjou (4 in stock and hidden). Will need an associate to pick up high up on the rack.

SKU 1001051896
Model DLX2220SYB
On the website, it’s at 280$ but scans at 140$. Good for light work and those with Makita platform. Unfortunately, no hammer drill function (299$ DLX22201SYB combo will have it).
Images
  • 850B0470-50AC-47F1-A22F-ABB144D298A2.jpeg
26 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1296 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
Hot at this price. Might grab a set for work and another for home.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
Dollarr wrote: I saw another RIDGID GEN5X 18V Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Tool)

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001072142

Which one is better?
The Makita is a sub-compact set while the Ridgid is not. Unless the smaller size and lighter weight (but also less power) is significant to you, I would go with the Ridgid set.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2776 posts
1995 upvotes
Josecc wrote: Hot at this price. Might grab a set for work and another for home.
Not really they're only 1.5 ah
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1296 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Not really they're only 1.5 ah
Show me where you can buy a good quality brushless 18v drill set for $140. Even those crappy non brushless dewalts don't get this cheap.
May 16, 2009
128 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Great find if you can get your hands on it. Thanks OP
Mar 17, 2021
228 posts
540 upvotes
Josecc wrote: Show me where you can buy a good quality brushless 18v drill set for $140. Even those crappy non brushless dewalts don't get this cheap.
If you're only ever buying a drill and impact and never buying anymore tools than sure it's a decent deal. However 99% of consumers are looking at the full battery line and sticking to one or two. Makita is very expensive long term and if you are gonna opt in for the long run 1.5 batteries aren't the start you need, wait for a deal with 4ah so you can actually use them in other tools.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1296 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
whitbyguy wrote: If you're only ever buying a drill and impact and never buying anymore tools than sure it's a decent deal. However 99% of consumers are looking at the full battery line and sticking to one or two. Makita is very expensive long term and if you are gonna opt in for the long run 1.5 batteries aren't the start you need, wait for a deal with 4ah so you can actually use them in other tools.
Price wise, these are good for what you're getting. I'd say makita isn't that much more expensive than dewalt or milwaukee. I'd gladly pay the extra knowing makita reliability.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
whitbyguy wrote: If you're only ever buying a drill and impact and never buying anymore tools than sure it's a decent deal. However 99% of consumers are looking at the full battery line and sticking to one or two. Makita is very expensive long term and if you are gonna opt in for the long run 1.5 batteries aren't the start you need, wait for a deal with 4ah so you can actually use them in other tools.
There are two sides to this debate. Yes, a bigger battery would be nicer to have for other tools, but 1.5ah is sufficient for the drill and driver so why should a sub compact tool be sold with a bigger than necessary battery which then also adds to the retail price?
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Nov 6, 2011
217 posts
183 upvotes
Josecc wrote: Price wise, these are good for what you're getting. I'd say makita isn't that much more expensive than dewalt or milwaukee. I'd gladly pay the extra knowing makita reliability.
Bigger batteries are much heavier too. I found my wrists getting fatigued when drilling 600 holes for a project using the 5ah batteries I have. I'd certainly like a couple of smaller batteries. Unfortunately no stock in my area.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1296 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
sspick wrote: Bigger batteries are much heavier too. I found my wrists getting fatigued when drilling 600 holes for a project using the 5ah batteries I have. I'd certainly like a couple of smaller batteries. Unfortunately no stock in my area.
100%. If I'm just driving cabinet screws or any sort of small fastener that doesn't require the torque that the bigger batteries help provide, then I'll save my wrists and arms and use the smaller drills and batteries. And this being on 18v, ill have the 4ah+ batteries for when I need them.
Dec 23, 2012
173 posts
172 upvotes
L'Ile Perrot
Aww man hope I can grab one at anjou tomorrow. Will replace my 12v Dewalt and subcompact Ridgid and use my xgt charger with adapter.

I have too many battery platforms, would love to drop 2 off the wall lol.
Oct 12, 2005
483 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
After 2 cancelled orders, my final attempt HD order called and said the 1 showing in stock is an unused floor model and if I wanted it for $100. Grabbed it ! Thanks OP!
50 upvotes
do they still have it in stock , dont wonna go all the way to anjou if theres none left
May 22, 2017
57 posts
56 upvotes
Price is hot, although if I only owned one drill/impact set I would prefer to have a full-size set.

1.5aH batteries are really fine for a portable lightweight set if you're just using it for small projects, hanging shelves, etc. If you're going to be spending a day building a deck or something you'll want some 3aH+ batteries but then you'd probably want a more powerful full-size set for that type of work anyways.

Here is a really thorough review of a Makita DHP483 subcompact drill (might not be the exact same spec as the DDF483ZB that comes with the OP kit)

Summary from video description:
TL;DW not a bad little secondary drill; but not a go-to workhorse. The torque/speed isn't right for heavy work.
Nov 28, 2019
373 posts
299 upvotes
SW Ontario
To anyone who could grab this deal, can you post the receipt?
Thanks