Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee 1/2 in. Drive SAE Deep Socket Set (9-Piece)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2021 12:43 am
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 9, 2012
37 posts
43 upvotes

[Home Depot] Milwaukee 1/2 in. Drive SAE Deep Socket Set (9-Piece)

A warm price for a 1/2" set to go with an M12 1/2" Stubby Impact.
Saskatoon - $39.98
Richmond Hill, ON - $34.98
Richmond, BC - $31.00 (sold out)

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1000834544

Youtube Review
Last edited by MyNameIsDennis on Jun 5th, 2021 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
17 replies
Jr. Member
Dec 30, 2009
170 posts
131 upvotes
Markham
Princess auto and Canadian tire has more pieces for cheaper ... and both are life time warranty ... both places run sales on them regularly for under $50
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10255 posts
5474 upvotes
Paris
otakuz wrote: Princess auto and Canadian tire has more pieces for cheaper ... and both are life time warranty ... both places run sales on them regularly for under $50
I wouldnt touch Canadian Tire with your drill.

I tried to get a lifetime replacement thing there once and they told me “Well yes its lifetime replacement now, but how do we know it was lifetime replacement when YOU bought it?”

Princess I have never had an issue with.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 4th, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 9, 2012
37 posts
43 upvotes
That's true, most times a set can be had for $20-30 on sale. I went that way initially. The issue with PA sockets is I have to pry them off the M12 1/2" friction ring impact. The coating doesn't stop rust very well, the sizes are almost impossible to read on most of them now. They are quite low quality IMO. Gets annoying after a while. No experience with the CT sets. The Milwaukee thin wall makes them a little better for accessibility, but more fragile for the higher strength impact wrenches.

Down vote all you want, but it should not be a struggle to work with tools. Sometimes quality makes a difference that compensates for a higher price, in lessened frustration while working with them.
Last edited by MyNameIsDennis on Jun 4th, 2021 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
1259 posts
835 upvotes
Too expensive. Better go buy at amazon
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
2729 posts
2386 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Jerico wrote: I wouldnt touch China Tire with your drill.

I tried to get a lifetime replacement thing there once and they told me “Well yes its lifetime replacement now, but how do we know it was lifetime replacement when YOU bought it?”

Princess I have never had an issue with.
Never had an issue at crappy tire with replacing any hand tools (sockets, ratchets, screwdrivers, etc..). Take them to service counter, they ask you to go get replacements, and they punch it up as a $0 sale. But many things at crappy tire are very dependant on location.
My location I have no issue with tool replacements, but when it comes to price matching, it is like pulling teeth. It's like it is coming out of the employees paycheck. They absolutely refuse to price match any Auto Parts stores. Not even Napa advertised prices in their flyers.

If you are buying tools to use every day in your trade, spend the extra money and get good quality. Time is money also. But for the DIY warrior that will use them 2 or 3 times a year, then you can probably live with the occasional frustration or awkward cheaper tool.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10255 posts
5474 upvotes
Paris
Emporium wrote: Never had an issue at crappy tire with replacing any hand tools (sockets, ratchets, screwdrivers, etc..). Take them to service counter, they ask you to go get replacements, and they punch it up as a $0 sale. But many things at crappy tire are very dependant on location.
My location I have no issue with tool replacements, but when it comes to price matching, it is like pulling teeth. It's like it is coming out of the employees paycheck. They absolutely refuse to price match any Auto Parts stores. Not even Napa advertised prices in their flyers.

If you are buying tools to use every day in your trade, spend the extra money and get good quality. Time is money also. But for the DIY warrior that will use them 2 or 3 times a year, then you can probably live with the occasional frustration or awkward cheaper tool.
My local one once told my neighbour, when his 2-3 week old battery FROZE and the car wouldnt start, he should “bring your battery into the house on cold nights”. It was maybe -8 or so the night it froze. In Southwestern Ontario.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 20, 2004
2729 posts
2386 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Jerico wrote: My local one once told my neighbour, when his 2-3 week old battery FROZE and the car wouldnt start, he should “bring your battery into the house on cold nights”. It was maybe -8 or so the night it froze. In Southwestern Ontario.
Lol.. I would not trust crappy tire with any mechanical work. Not even an oil change or even a tire swap. Advice from them.. ya right. I think Siri, Alexa and google could give you better advice.
Newbie
Feb 27, 2013
38 posts
56 upvotes
Québec
Jerico wrote: My local one once told my neighbour, when his 2-3 week old battery FROZE and the car wouldnt start, he should “bring your battery into the house on cold nights”. It was maybe -8 or so the night it froze. In Southwestern Ontario.
Batteries need to be charged or they will freeze. I learned the hard way.

I've been successful at claiming warranty on my CT tools thus far. It usually helps to keep the bill though and now I just scan them all with my phone. Makes it way easier.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 9, 2012
37 posts
43 upvotes
Just got my shipping notification that it is in transit, to ON, no shipping charges.
Saskatoon $39.98 + $5.20 GST = $45.18 delivered.
Images
  • Mil1.jpg
Last edited by MyNameIsDennis on Jun 5th, 2021 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10255 posts
5474 upvotes
Paris
draggonfly wrote: Batteries need to be charged or they will freeze. I learned the hard way.

I've been successful at claiming warranty on my CT tools thus far. It usually helps to keep the bill though and now I just scan them all with my phone. Makes it way easier.
He had been using it for 2-3 weeks at that point. Was more the audacity that he should be pulling his car battery every cold night. He drove the car to work and back every day, 40 mins a direction, so its not like it didnt have time to charge.
Jr. Member
Oct 24, 2019
157 posts
153 upvotes
Thanks OP.

I was just looking for a bit to use to change my tires. Was planning on just getting the one that fits my car but now I will do some research.
Member
Oct 19, 2008
203 posts
197 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
MahlerMusic wrote: Thanks OP.

I was just looking for a bit to use to change my tires. Was planning on just getting the one that fits my car but now I will do some research.
This set appears to be SAE. Most lug nuts are metric.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4826 posts
6060 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jerico wrote: I wouldnt touch Canadian Tire with your drill.

I tried to get a lifetime replacement thing there once and they told me “Well yes its lifetime replacement now, but how do we know it was lifetime replacement when YOU bought it?”

Princess I have never had an issue with.
Not an advocate of CT by any stretch of imagination - but I never had issues with warranty exchanges, they are pretty good with that.
Newbie
Oct 26, 2017
72 posts
47 upvotes
The Universe
I've exchanged an entire set of screwdrivers at CT when all the handles became oily as the rubber degraded. They were probably 14 years old. No questions asked.
Jr. Member
Aug 11, 2009
197 posts
75 upvotes
Ottawa
$34.98 at Richmond Hill and 14 in stock
Jr. Member
Jul 13, 2016
133 posts
203 upvotes
draggonfly wrote: Batteries need to be charged or they will freeze.
That's correct - the electrolyte liquid in a fully charged battery is a strong acid. A fully depleted battery is filled with what's basically water.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29132 posts
9671 upvotes
Don't need these but SAE is largely useless, esp. if working with cars. Metric is far more useful--wonder if the metric set isn't the same price?

Top