Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee 12” Mitre Saw $498 - with free stand ($149 value)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2019 9:09 am
[OP]
Nov 6, 2014
109 posts
77 upvotes
Gloucester, ON

[Home Depot] Milwaukee 12” Mitre Saw $498 - with free stand ($149 value)

Milwaukee 12” miter saw with free stand - great good deal IMO.
Saw has a digital readout for the cut angle which I love.
Expires July 10th while supplies last.

0AAFF562-0DCE-4CA7-93EA-D66C6129170F.jpeg
11 replies
Dec 24, 2007
886 posts
545 upvotes
Kingston
Have this, excellent saw with dead on accuracy out of the box. Cheapest price is $399 if you don't need the stand and seems to happen once or twice a year, so if you're not on a hurry and already have a good stand, slightly better pricing can be had.

Well worth $500 though with the stand if you don't have one. Beware this saw is a beast and takes up sizable space in your garage even when stowed. Also rectangular dust collector port is a bit of a nuisance if you have a shop with dust collection as you'll need to get an adaptor, ~$25.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
45021 posts
5572 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MaDgamEr wrote: Have this, excellent saw with dead on accuracy out of the box. Cheapest price is $399 if you don't need the stand and seems to happen once or twice a year, so if you're not on a hurry and already have a good stand, slightly better pricing can be had.

Well worth $500 though with the stand if you don't have one. Beware this saw is a beast and takes up sizable space in your garage even when stowed. Also rectangular dust collector port is a bit of a nuisance if you have a shop with dust collection as you'll need to get an adaptor, ~$25.
Which is why I think these big saws don't make sense to use on a stand - these big saws are catered to people who have a dedicated workshop, in which case you should have a mitre saw station and not a stand. Just my 2 cents...

The good thing though, is that HD will usually pro-rate the discount on the free item across both items, so the receipt will likely have the saw for $384 and the stand for $115, in which case you can just return the stand and get the saw for a bit cheaper ;)
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Aug 11, 2007
261 posts
102 upvotes
MaDgamEr wrote: Have this, excellent saw with dead on accuracy out of the box. Cheapest price is $399 if you don't need the stand and seems to happen once or twice a year, so if you're not on a hurry and already have a good stand, slightly better pricing can be had.
When Home Depot does a "buy x, get y free", your receipt will provide a separate return value for each item. If the sale price has been 399 in the past, I'm willing to bet the return value of the saw shows up around $399, with the stand being around $100. So if you only want the saw @ 399, that's probably an option if you just return the stand immediately (Note: The actual return values may vary, someone will have to buy this package for us to know for sure).
Mar 7, 2011
148 posts
66 upvotes
Great saw - picked this up last year. FYI - you need at least a 20 amp breaker to run this. Tried on 15 amp in my garage but kept tripping on start up.
Aug 23, 2003
770 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
kdeleye wrote: Great saw - picked this up last year. FYI - you need at least a 20 amp breaker to run this. Tried on 15 amp in my garage but kept tripping on start up.
i run this saw heavily on a 15amp, no issues
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1853 posts
628 upvotes
Edmonton
Jon Lai wrote: Which is why I think these big saws don't make sense to use on a stand - these big saws are catered to people who have a dedicated workshop, in which case you should have a mitre saw station and not a stand. Just my 2 cents...

The good thing though, is that HD will usually pro-rate the discount on the free item across both items, so the receipt will likely have the saw for $384 and the stand for $115, in which case you can just return the stand and get the saw for a bit cheaper ;)
Make a good point. I'm actually considering building a long narrow bench along the wall to put my mitre on. I have a rolling collapsible stand which is nice but it would be nicer to just have a workstation.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
May 17, 2019
2 posts
thanks for this! ended up jumping on the deal as I have been wanting to replace my 25+ year old craftsman professionnal.
Dec 24, 2007
886 posts
545 upvotes
Kingston
kbjy11 wrote: i run this saw heavily on a 15amp, no issues
Same. 15 amp is fine, saw uses a soft start motor.
May 17, 2019
2 posts
MaDgamEr wrote: Same. 15 amp is fine, saw uses a soft start motor.
can also confirm. 15amp is fine. I think it would have to have a different plug if it required a 20amp circuit. not to mention its sales would suck
Dec 2, 2014
442 posts
163 upvotes
London, ON
kdeleye wrote: Great saw - picked this up last year. FYI - you need at least a 20 amp breaker to run this. Tried on 15 amp in my garage but kept tripping on start up.
I would check over the outlet to see if there is anything wrong with it.
Apr 10, 2019
352 posts
589 upvotes
Ottawa
Sounds like you're running it off an arc fault breaker with the good old "arc fault nuisance tripping".