Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee 142 drill bit set 28.8

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2019 5:59 am
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 10, 2013
12 posts
31 upvotes
TORONTO

[Home Depot] Milwaukee 142 drill bit set 28.8

Seems to be a good price, Home Depot US still price as 60 Usd.
Images
  • 0E3969A7-F945-4190-A199-8E9ABC3D4D7C.png
18 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 7, 2005
3898 posts
5047 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
if it was a 142 drill bit set I'd buy it.
it's actually a impact driver bit set with 6 drill bits
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 29, 2017
522 posts
446 upvotes
I must say Milwaukee drill sets could be a lot better. So many repeats and not thought out well. I prefer Dewalt sets even though I have Milwaukee tools. :/
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2001
542 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
Yeahhh dont think i like the milwaukeee bits that much. Atleast the robbies dont fit snug even compared to some cheapo crappytire bits
Member
Jul 31, 2016
455 posts
793 upvotes
Whitby
These Milwaukee tools are only good for 1 or 2 jobs, and then they pretty much fail every job after that...
Member
Aug 10, 2013
448 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
raskal wrote: if it was a 142 drill bit set I'd buy it.
it's actually a impact driver bit set with 6 drill bits
Yes, I agree with you.
Jr. Member
Dec 30, 2013
161 posts
735 upvotes
Toronto
More Like Raptors "drilled" ya'll to bits Milwaukee
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1793 posts
2392 upvotes
Halifax
If the robertsons are the same as these:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1000740682

These are great bits. I have had a set of 5 for years and they all work flawlessly. I have driven literally thousands with them. The little bits are not very good for extended use, but if the ones in the kit are the same, they are great.
Member
Jan 20, 2019
278 posts
302 upvotes
tdracer wrote: If the robertsons are the same as these:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1000740682

These are great bits. I have had a set of 5 for years and they all work flawlessly. I have driven literally thousands with them. The little bits are not very good for extended use, but if the ones in the kit are the same, they are great.
How can we find out if they're the same or not though? This thread has people saying they're awesome and others saying they're trash. I bought this set as it looked like a great deal and I like Milwaukee in general, but now wondering if I should return it?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7190 posts
1202 upvotes
Toronto
Typically with these sets you end up wearing out certain bits (e.g. Robertson No. 2) in a year or two. Then you have a whole pile of leftover bits that you hardly ever use, representing 90% of what you bought.

So I stopped buying these big kits a long time ago, just buy the specific bits I need now.

Anyone need some slot bits, lmk. :-)
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1793 posts
2392 upvotes
Halifax
rfdfan75 wrote: How can we find out if they're the same or not though? This thread has people saying they're awesome and others saying they're trash. I bought this set as it looked like a great deal and I like Milwaukee in general, but now wondering if I should return it?
I think they are probably the same. As Inno said you will end up using mostly #2 Robertson and Phillips and will have to replace them before the others. The rest are seldom used for most people. I don't think there is a big problem with the small bits in this kit. Bigger ones would cost more and are hardly used anyways. They do provide the bigger in #2 Robertson and Phillips. I haven't used the small ones but suspect that they will work better than the small bits in a kit like this:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1000854503

The shockwave design and the length of the bit, IMHO, makes it easier to drive screws without stripping them. I find they work much better size for size in the shockwave version vs. regular. Personally I have found the bits to be extremely durable and very close fitting. I built 2 decks, and a bit of framing with them. No issues ever.

It's a good price, but again, most of these bits will rarely be used, but then again, it's nice to have them when you need them.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7190 posts
1202 upvotes
Toronto
Triple_Eh wrote: What is the benefit of the longer bits? Just a noob asking.
I wonder if the short bits are lacking the hex fitting that impact drivers use? Using an adaptor is just dumb.

If so, they are useless to anyone (like me)j with drives screws with an impact driver and drill holes with a drill...
Member
Jan 20, 2019
278 posts
302 upvotes
tdracer wrote: I think they are probably the same. As Inno said you will end up using mostly #2 Robertson and Phillips and will have to replace them before the others. The rest are seldom used for most people. I don't think there is a big problem with the small bits in this kit. Bigger ones would cost more and are hardly used anyways. They do provide the bigger in #2 Robertson and Phillips. I haven't used the small ones but suspect that they will work better than the small bits in a kit like this:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1000854503

The shockwave design and the length of the bit, IMHO, makes it easier to drive screws without stripping them. I find they work much better size for size in the shockwave version vs. regular. Personally I have found the bits to be extremely durable and very close fitting. I built 2 decks, and a bit of framing with them. No issues ever.

It's a good price, but again, most of these bits will rarely be used, but then again, it's nice to have them when you need them.
Thank you, I very much appreciate the thorough response. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes I'll keep the set.
Jr. Member
Dec 27, 2010
101 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Triple_Eh wrote: What is the benefit of the longer bits? Just a noob asking.
Bits with extensions tend to wobble and come off when pulling away from screws.
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2012
939 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Triple_Eh wrote: What is the benefit of the longer bits? Just a noob asking.
Reach and better visibility of what you are driving. Drawbacks are they are more prone to losing control of the fastener and you get less torque the longer the driver.
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2012
939 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Inno wrote: I wonder if the short bits are lacking the hex fitting that impact drivers use? Using an adaptor is just dumb.

If so, they are useless to anyone (like me)j with drives screws with an impact driver and drill holes with a drill...
1" bits lack the chuck lock that impact drivers have. If you use them in impact drivers without the extension, you will most likely jam them in there. They are only useful really in a pinch when you have nothing else.

Top