Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee 18 piece shockwave driver bit set $2.96 (86% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2016 12:45 pm
[OP]
Nov 17, 2015
51 posts
66 upvotes

[Home Depot] Milwaukee 18 piece shockwave driver bit set $2.96 (86% off)

I found this on the Home Depot site today and went to our local store (Courtenay) and picked up 3 of these. The price on the shelf still said $21.85 however they scanned in at the $5.46 price correctly.

Good price for the kit, even grabbed a few for spares.
p_1000740904.jpg
Update: I see the price is now $2.96 for the set.
Last edited by jporter80 on Dec 26th, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
11 replies
Dec 30, 2007
844 posts
40 upvotes
That's a good price, but I bought a set and only ever used the robbie bits.....and they weren't any more durable than the canadian tire or any other brand.......They're supposed to flex to prevent stripping but in reality they strip like a romanian pole dancer.....
The Cheaper the better
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8283 posts
8659 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Same here I found the Robertsons stripped so fast I kept thinking it was a used bit, but everytime I used a new one they didn't last long. Better using the standard Milwaukee bits.

The value in this set is the bit holder as I find they are pretty good for holding the bits and are about $5-6 separately anyways.
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
Jan 4, 2013
509 posts
171 upvotes
Might have to check it out. I don't find the bits amazing but i do like the casing to carry the bits around for when I am renoing. Always surprised how many different screws are used in the house I bought, pretty much used every robertson, phillips and slotted bit a few times now. Hopefully Chilliwack still has some since website says in clearance.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1456 posts
686 upvotes
Edmonton
Find these flex bits strip/chowder out really quick.

Also the magnetic holder got chowdered after about a year. Had to retire it today with a Delwalt one
Nov 26, 2007
768 posts
176 upvotes
London
What would be a better R2 impact bit value/cost wise?
Jan 11, 2014
7 posts
Ajax
+1 for soft bit complaint.
Bought this set about a month back, and the bits strip their finish on first spin. After a dozen 2" screws, the bit tip of obviously rounded, and wouldn't last more than 50-100 screws before going bald. Closest verified online stock to Toronto is now out in Belleville.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2559 posts
637 upvotes
Even though I'm in Ottawa, for some reason when I clicked the link, my location defaulted to Sherbrooke and I see that this set is only $2.86 at that store, in case that helps someone.
Feb 14, 2012
917 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone in toronto able to get this at any hd? Tried caledonia and stockyards but all they had were the 18pc but the black and red. They were 12.88 which is still good aince its the black kind, which are really good from my experience.

Those who got the black and red, was it from a toronto location and how many were left?
Dec 30, 2007
844 posts
40 upvotes
mavrik13 wrote: What would be a better R2 impact bit value/cost wise?
I found the best ones to be leevalley's they are RC60 hardness... $13.50 for a dozen I bought a dozen over a year ago and still have a few left.....

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.a ... 43417&ap=2

Shipping will kill you unless you live near one or are combining it with other items

Cost wise other than the really cheap dollar store ones, any of the ones with a steel hex body and a hardened steel tip.....the thing is: they'll all strip eventually, just how soon is the issue....
The Cheaper the better