Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Milwaukee $199 M18 18V Hammer Drill/Impact Driver Combo Kit with two 1.5Ah Batteries & FREE 2.0 Ah REDLITHIUM Battey

[OP]
Jan 7, 2017
58 posts
118 upvotes

[Home Depot] Milwaukee $199 M18 18V Hammer Drill/Impact Driver Combo Kit with two 1.5Ah Batteries & FREE 2.0 Ah REDLITHIUM Battey

Warm Deal. Best discounted tool for DIY.

$199 for Milwaukee Tool M18 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Hammer Drill/Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Tool) with (2) 1.5Ah Batteries, Charger, Tool Bag

And FREE
18V Lithium-Ion Compact (CP) 2.0 Ah REDLITHIUM Battery Pack
Last edited by abhinarula89 on Aug 7th, 2021 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35 replies
Apr 11, 2020
292 posts
613 upvotes
Brushed not brushless. Not stating an opinion on it, just as relevant information for those interested. Seems a solid deal.
Apr 28, 2020
18 posts
24 upvotes
Windyt wrote: Brushed not brushless. Not stating an opinion on it, just as relevant information for those interested. Seems a solid deal.
Seems like brushed
May 24, 2017
174 posts
196 upvotes
Edmonton, ab
Great deal and great driver/drill, not fuel or brushless, but cmon they will literally do anything you ask them to do that the fuel ones will do. If you don't currently have a drill or driver, you most likely don't need anything like fuel products, and this would be a great starter set.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33243 posts
15057 upvotes
The brushless drive non-Fuel kit is also $299 with one 4.0 and one 2.0 battery. Milwaukee batteries ain't cheap and these are better tools so to some this is worth the extra $100:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... ?rrec=true

TBH 1.5 batteries are weak-sauce, shouldn't even be offered anymore. You get the free 2.0 but that's still not that great. IMO should aim for having at least one 4.0 at a minimum.

Or you could just save a ton of money and get the Ridgid brushless clearance set for $150 w/two 4.0 batteries, though most are gone now...
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19302 posts
3512 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
Mmmmm, tempting just for the batteries. I don't really have any need for the drill and driver but could always use spares.
Dec 31, 2010
60 posts
49 upvotes
While I agree that 1.5aH batteries are pretty weak and short lived, they do have their place. If you've ever worn a tool belt all day with a drill or impact with the big batteries in it, it get's pretty heavy. Smaller batteries make quite a difference if you are only periodically using the drill.

ES_Revenge wrote: The brushless drive non-Fuel kit is also $299 with one 4.0 and one 2.0 battery. Milwaukee batteries ain't cheap and these are better tools so to some this is worth the extra $100:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... ?rrec=true

TBH 1.5 batteries are weak-sauce, shouldn't even be offered anymore. You get the free 2.0 but that's still not that great. IMO should aim for having at least one 4.0 at a minimum.

Or you could just save a ton of money and get the Ridgid brushless clearance set for $150 w/two 4.0 batteries, though most are gone now...
Dec 20, 2014
101 posts
151 upvotes
Winnipeg
DrasticK wrote: Great deal and great driver/drill, not fuel or brushless, but cmon they will literally do anything you ask them to do that the fuel ones will do. If you don't currently have a drill or driver, you most likely don't need anything like fuel products, and this would be a great starter set.
I've used them both (m18 brushed, and m18 Fuel), and they are completely different animals. These brushed tools aren't anywhere near as capable as the m18 Fuel. Not just in power, but in build quality and also in runtime. Which brings me to my second point: 1.5 and 2 amp hour batteries are really weak for the m18 tools, especially the brushed.

If you're looking for something equally light duty in this price range and Milwaukee branded, look at the m12 Fuel.
Jan 15, 2009
169 posts
238 upvotes
New Brunswickistan
I always find that Milwaukee does the same old offers over and over when compared to other brands like Rigid, etc. I'm kind of sorry that I begun investing in Milwaukee sometimes...
Jul 25, 2021
23 posts
5 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
Is there a better alternate deal of drill combo at this price for occasional drill/drive work at home ?
This would be my first drill purchase, so hoping to get good advise before buying one.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19302 posts
3512 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
imdsumit wrote: Is there a better alternate deal of drill combo at this price for occasional drill/drive work at home ?
This would be my first drill purchase, so hoping to get good advise before buying one.
When you buy a drill/driver combo, you're kind of committing yourself to that entire line of cordless power tools. (Unless you're like my friend, who has some of everything.... chaos.)

Milwaukee makes great tools. M18 equipment is found on every construction site, but they are expensive. So if you were to go and buy a saw, for example, you'd likely pay more for a Milwaukee M18 then you would for Dewalt, Ridgid, Ryobi, etc.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3077 posts
3421 upvotes
Montreal
i6s1 wrote: When you buy a drill/driver combo, you're kind of committing yourself to that entire line of cordless power tools. (Unless you're like my friend, who has some of everything.... chaos.)

Milwaukee makes great tools. M18 equipment is found on every construction site, but they are expensive. So if you were to go and buy a saw, for example, you'd likely pay more for a Milwaukee M18 then you would for Dewalt, Ridgid, Ryobi, etc.
You could also buy adapters and use other brands as well
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1802 posts
2591 upvotes
VANCOUVER
davidchopkins1 wrote: What's the return value for the bonus battery?
Oh yeah! I want to know this as well. Can we do the return free item trick with this deal? If so that would be perfect for me since I already have a bunch of Milwaukee stuff but no drill.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6687 posts
4255 upvotes
Toronto
goozy1 wrote: Oh yeah! I want to know this as well. Can we do the return free item trick with this deal? If so that would be perfect for me since I already have a bunch of Milwaukee stuff but no drill.
Why not? There isn't any rule stating it only works on Ryobi/Ridgid tools with free battery.

See if your store works and report back.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19302 posts
3512 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
SquadG wrote: You could also buy adapters and use other brands as well
You can, however these cost money, add bulk, and can cause problems. I'm not willing to risk it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)