Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Milwaukee 2607-21CT - Hammer drill & battery/case for $129 Dewalt Brushless for $149 @ CT

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2021 8:09 pm
[OP]
Aug 19, 2004
925 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto

[Home Depot] Milwaukee 2607-21CT - Hammer drill & battery/case for $129 Dewalt Brushless for $149 @ CT

I was looking for a hammer drills recently as I needed to drill into brick

I found 2 deals that seemed good.

1) Milwaukee 2607-21CT is a hammer drill with battery/charger and case. Cheaper than the bare tool and in stock. This is Brushed/older style motor but I ended up buying this as I have a Milwaukee impact wrench/charger I can use it with as well.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001303706

$129.

2) Canadian Tire has a sale on the Dewalt Brushless hammer drill. This is 50% off and comes with 2 batteries. Selling at Lowe's for same price.

$149.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/hammer-dri ... nt=instore

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/dewa ... p.html#srp

** added

3) Noticed Home depot also has the Dewalt 20V Atomic Hammer drill (newer model but lower model number?) for 25% off @ 149.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt ... 1001158114

I'd love to hear opinions but I opted for the Milwaukee as that has a 5 year warranty (vs. 3 year for dewalt). I also liked the hard case and as I mentioned, I already have another milwaukee battery.

I was looking at the 2804-20 Milwaukee (fuel) on kijiji which would be an even better upgrade but I thought buying from a retailer for less is better. I'm a home user/DIY so honestly don't expect to "use up" these tools ever...

Anyways, If you're looking for a mid-tier hammer drill; this might be right for you.
Last edited by kleung21 on May 24th, 2021 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
14 replies
Nov 25, 2020
20 posts
15 upvotes
here is my opinion:
1. milwaukee - buy fuel version
2. M12 is awesome for home DIYer if u wanna save some money.

you mentioned you already have a milwaukee m18 battery? then use the following link to pm homedepot (2803-20 is at same power level as 2804-20 but without hammer drill mode):
https://www.amazon.ca/Milwaukee-2803-20 ... 179&sr=1-6

or buy M12 fuel version:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001618256

wait for father's day for further promotion if u can.
Aug 17, 2015
302 posts
427 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I was interested enough at the Dewalt hammer drill to take a look - the batteries are 1.3 Ah, so that isn't good for much!
I wouldn't say the Dewalt one is worth it.
Dec 14, 2020
57 posts
40 upvotes
Milwaukee M12 Fuel all the way, you can find some deal around 130-150$ with batterie at HOme Depot.
Mar 5, 2012
644 posts
342 upvotes
Canada
If it ain't fuel, it ain't cool
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1166 posts
44 upvotes
PandaInCanada wrote: here is my opinion:
1. milwaukee - buy fuel version
2. M12 is awesome for home DIYer if u wanna save some money.

you mentioned you already have a milwaukee m18 battery? then use the following link to pm homedepot (2803-20 is at same power level as 2804-20 but without hammer drill mode):
https://www.amazon.ca/Milwaukee-2803-20 ... 179&sr=1-6

or buy M12 fuel version:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001618256

wait for father's day for further promotion if u can.
Can I know why you suggest the M12 FUEL over the other models and brands? Also why M12 over M18? Thanks!

Gota wait for Daddy's day then!
Oct 19, 2008
214 posts
233 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If you have to ask an opinion on RFD you likely don't need Fuel. It's bragging rights at that level. Yes they have advantages but the regular Milwaukee line is still very solid.
Having the Hammer feature is nice the few times you'll need it. Already being in the Milwaukee M18 ecosystem I would go with the first option OP.
(Disclaimer I have about 10 pcs of mixed Milwaukee M12/M18 Fuel and non-Fuel. So I am a bit Milwaukee biased)
Dec 3, 2008
459 posts
89 upvotes
Redshft wrote: If you have to ask an opinion on RFD you likely don't need Fuel. It's bragging rights at that level. Yes they have advantages but the regular Milwaukee line is still very solid.
Having the Hammer feature is nice the few times you'll need it. Already being in the Milwaukee M18 ecosystem I would go with the first option OP.
(Disclaimer I have about 10 pcs of mixed Milwaukee M12/M18 Fuel and non-Fuel. So I am a bit Milwaukee biased)
Username checks out Face With Tears Of Joy

seriously this guys right. If you need to ask you probably don't need it, but it's just money right? Spend if if you got it!
[OP]
Aug 19, 2004
925 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
Redshft wrote: If you have to ask an opinion on RFD you likely don't need Fuel. It's bragging rights at that level. Yes they have advantages but the regular Milwaukee line is still very solid.
Thanks.... I guess I'll go with Milwaukee model.

It's an upgrade from my black & decker bdbcd120 that I bought 3-4 years ago off a RFD recommendation. I hardly ever drill brick/concrete/masonry but the 2 times I had; I was cursing being stuck without the hammer function. Especially since the brick on my house has that textured / irregular surface.

Light home user here so I'm probably overthinking it. Updated the OP with an additional Dewalt option as well from homedepot on sale.

Someone mentioned father's day sales... Good point. Maybe I'll buy but not open until I see what father's day sales look like.
Feb 20, 2008
452 posts
571 upvotes
This is a COMPACT hammer drill with no handle.

Also, this kit has been this price for at least the last year.

Not really a deal, but all right for someone starting a tool collection.

If you have to drill 50 holes in concrete, probably look for something else.....
[OP]
Aug 19, 2004
925 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
Here's a final follow-up. I ordered @ HD - Markham west and was pleasantly surprised that they're open today on Victoria day for pickup.

Go there and they throw the kit in my trunk (contactless pickup). When I get home, it appears that this was an open box/return and someone had swapped in a USED 2601-20 (non hammer drill) - chuck was all scraped up and dirty.

Had to drive back and to their credit, CSR accepted my story (what proof is there since I didn't inspect the item until I got home) and issued a refund as they claimed they couldn't find the stock in inventory.

They told me it had come sealed/new but didn't resist too hard when I insisted that it had come like that.

What a waste of time though.

Theoretically, the picker had "inspected" the item but clearly; it had slipped through.

My recommendation; in future, inspect all curbside pickups for these power tools to ensure that they aren't open box/returns and that all items are inside it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7294 posts
1281 upvotes
Toronto
kleung21 wrote: Here's a final follow-up. I ordered @ HD - Markham west and was pleasantly surprised that they're open today on Victoria day for pickup.

Go there and they throw the kit in my trunk (contactless pickup). When I get home, it appears that this was an open box/return and someone had swapped in a USED 2601-20 (non hammer drill) - chuck was all scraped up and dirty.

Had to drive back and to their credit, CSR accepted my story (what proof is there since I didn't inspect the item until I got home) and issued a refund as they claimed they couldn't find the stock in inventory.

They told me it had come sealed/new but didn't resist too hard when I insisted that it had come like that.

What a waste of time though.

Theoretically, the picker had "inspected" the item but clearly; it had slipped through.

My recommendation; in future, inspect all curbside pickups for these power tools to ensure that they aren't open box/returns and that all items are inside it.
I had a similar experience with an M12 kit that was supposed to have a 6ah battery but someone had switched it out for a 2.0. They accused me of trying to scam them, claiming that they always inspect returns carefully, but I stuck to my guns.

Funnily I returned a rotary kit this spring and the person at Returns didn't even open it, just tossed the box in a cart to go back out on the floor.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2277 posts
1460 upvotes
North Vancouver
Former Dewalt man here. Milwaukee M12 Fuel all the way, great tools and no complaints from me since deciding to go with Milwaukee. Haven't (yet) found a need to consider the M18 tools.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)