Milwaukee 2pc M12 Fuel Gen 2 combo kit with free M12 Bare tool

2598-22 M12 FUEL 2-Tool Combo Kit comes with:
M12 FUEL Hammer Drill Driver (2504-20)
M12 FUEL Hex Impact (2553-20)
(1) 2.0Ah Battery, (1) 4.0Ah Battery, Charger and Tool
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/100109 ... W18_L3P1A1

You get one choice of the following free m12 tool in link below
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/catego ... tools.html

It works online... i just bought it with the m12 fuel sawzall.

Impact gun is pretty powerful guy for it size, been using it for a while. on a regular 2.0 battery i can maybe hit upto 50-60 2inch screws into 2x4 wood before battery dies

hammer/dill is very nice tool for most jobs. I've used it for various jobs of drilling holes in concrete or drilling small holes upto 1/2inch with no major issues

of those 5 tools that are free with this kit, i own the following:
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1000692741
This guy is not bad works decent, used it on various small sanding and cutting small sections of wood out, and even for cutting small holes in drywall.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1000724954
this guy is definately not as strong as the dremel tool, but still does decent job for small jobs. i bought the ryobi dremel tool kit, and it was able to fit with this tool.
Last edited by wongster on Jun 4th, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
157 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2084 posts
1180 upvotes
North Vancouver
Interesting, thanks OP. Can anyone comment on the Milwaukee M12 Compact Inflator? I'd be interested in getting that as the bonus tool if it's any good.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6586 posts
390 upvotes
GT'eh
I'm looking at this and considering this or Dewalt combo set, not sure how the 2 compare, they're both brushless, but I think rather get it with the ratchet I don't need any of the other tools
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6586 posts
390 upvotes
GT'eh
I think the m12 fuel is brushless and has better battery if i'm not mistaken. I was looking at that set first but don't need the saw or light
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
446 posts
222 upvotes
Markham
Neovingian wrote: I'm looking at this and considering this or Dewalt combo set, not sure how the 2 compare, they're both brushless, but I think rather get it with the ratchet I don't need any of the other tools
Here some comparison of m18vs m12 i did a while back ago for the hammer drill

Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1360 posts
3943 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Sorcerer wrote: Interesting, thanks OP. Can anyone comment on the Milwaukee M12 Compact Inflator? I'd be interested in getting that as the bonus tool if it's any good.
I have it and it's excellent. Can do car tires and everything else with no issues.
What's in your wallet?
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
446 posts
222 upvotes
Markham
Neovingian wrote: I'm looking at this and considering this or Dewalt combo set, not sure how the 2 compare, they're both brushless, but I think rather get it with the ratchet I don't need any of the other tools
I have the non fuel version of the ratchet, its very handy, i bought a 1/4" bit adapter for it so i can drill screws into tight places.. very handy..
Dec 23, 2006
59 posts
29 upvotes
Kanata
I picked up this deal with the 3/8 ratchet. The hackzall would have been my second choice. Not going to do any major reno, just minor DIY home repairs.
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
446 posts
222 upvotes
Markham
dingmah wrote: What is the difference between M12 Fuel & M12 non-Fuel?

I'm more interested in picking up this Milwaukee M12 5 tool kit for $279. I'm just a home DIYer, not gonna be using it to do any real manly work.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001358116
takes more advantage of the power of the bigger batteries.... example the non fuel can use the 6.0 batteries but just take advantage of battery capacity.... the fuel tools with 6.0 battery take advantage of higher power of those batteries. Plus the fuels seem lighter to hold as well.

I bought that 5 pc kit as one of my early starters.. its a good choice too since you get more options with it. Just a matter what you planning to use it for.
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
446 posts
222 upvotes
Markham
dontpanic wrote: I picked up this deal with the 3/8 ratchet. The hackzall would have been my second choice. Not going to do any major reno, just minor DIY home repairs.
I have the non fuel hackzall, and now just picked the fuel version cause of this deal, but i love this hackzall.. i use it not own to cut 2x4 sections, but for small cuts of drywall where needed, plumbing cuts of pvc or abs, even copper if you buy the right blade. Tried cutting with patio stones, that didnt work well.. I used it for branch trimmings.

Luckily it takes the standard blades as other sawzall brands.. i just use the diablio blades.
Jun 2, 2007
399 posts
324 upvotes
Markham
dingmah wrote: What is the difference between M12 Fuel & M12 non-Fuel?

I'm more interested in picking up this Milwaukee M12 5 tool kit for $279. I'm just a home DIYer, not gonna be using it to do any real manly work.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001358116

Fuel = brushless, which gives you more power and uses less battery.

If you don't need all of those tools right now, it might be better to just buy what you need along the way. It's less upfront. There will always be better deals or newer and better tools coming out, so why buy a bunch only to have a few tools sitting around collecting dust? That's my thinking anyway.
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
Feb 14, 2008
283 posts
131 upvotes
The 3/8 Ratchet never goes on sale! Thanks OP, $299 for three M12 Fuel tools, 2 batteries, charger, and a case is worth it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5892 posts
1633 upvotes
Calgary
this was posted already under a KMS thread, same deal, i mentioned there that it's the same deal...

HD is a joke, i ordered this online because there was no local stock for the combo, but there was local stock for the ratchet, then the store cancelled the ratchet but they still shipped me the combo and of course no price adjustment because the ratchet rings free with an online order, so all i got was the full price combo that i now need to return in store..

That said, i have the Ratchet, Inflator and hackzall, they're all great tools, i use the inflator most, i don't really use the ratchet much because i have a 1/2 stubby impact wrench that does everything better than the ratchet (except fit in smaller spaces)

I love the M12 fuel gear, i swapped over from ryobi18v, the M12 fuel has the same or better specs on most tools, it's a little more money on some of the tools, pretty similar on others.... but where it shines is the size and weight, MUCH MUCH more compact and lighter than the 18v gear, half the size, half the weight (less fatigue from using it all day), half the hauling, with the same or better performance.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1748 posts
240 upvotes
Thornhill
Anyone want to get the kit and sell me one of the free tool? You can save some more money on the original 2 bare tools. PM me to work it out.

Toronto