[Home Depot] Milwaukee 2pc M12 Fuel Gen 2 combo kit with free M12 Bare tool

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2020 8:19 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5892 posts
1633 upvotes
Calgary
cruisn76 wrote: Anyone want to get the kit and sell me one of the free tool? You can save some more money on the original 2 bare tools. PM me to work it out.

Toronto
they could just buy it in store and then return the extra tool for the "max refund value"... unless you're going to give them more than the highest max refund value then it's not really worth the hassle for them. (actually you could do the same, just return the kit)
Nov 4, 2019
62 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
T3rry wrote: they could just buy it in store and then return the extra tool for the "max refund value"... unless you're going to give them more than the highest max refund value then it's not really worth the hassle for them. (actually you could do the same, just return the kit)
The drill/driver has a max return value of 145 IIRC. So not too much of a savings for him to do that. The 3/8 ratchet has a max return of 110 or so.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2084 posts
1180 upvotes
North Vancouver
Spawk1028 wrote: I have it and it's excellent. Can do car tires and everything else with no issues.
Perfect, thank you!
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Nov 18, 2004
372 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Tempted to dip back in to M12 - I had picked up the mechanic's kit in the fall (Impact driver and a 3/8 Impact wrench) which was exactly the two tool I needed (less need for another drill) but the sockets kept slipping off the 3/8 impact wrench so it had to go back and bought the ryobi 1/2" impact wrench deal. Out of the 'free' M12 tools I'm not sure I value and or need them (as I have many from the ryobi green line). I am upgrading from my blue drill/driver from ryobi 18V. A marine mechanic working on my diesel engine used the m12 ratchet and I was intrigued, but don't know if i have too many uses for it. Wish they included the rotary cutoff tool as one of the giveaways cause that's what I'm looking for...
Sep 8, 2006
73 posts
33 upvotes
How do we compare this deal to this Ridgid combo (18V Brushless Sub-Compact Cordless 1/2 -inch Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Combo Kit) : https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001528346, you can get free RIDGID 18V Brushless Sub-Compact Cordless 3/8 -inch Impact Wrench (Tool-Only) with Belt Clip (https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001528347). I need an impact wrench to do tire thing but also want to get a HACKZALL because i don't have one.
Dec 21, 2007
57 posts
74 upvotes
maoz wrote: How do we compare this deal to this Ridgid combo (18V Brushless Sub-Compact Cordless 1/2 -inch Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Combo Kit) : https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001528346, you can get free RIDGID 18V Brushless Sub-Compact Cordless 3/8 -inch Impact Wrench (Tool-Only) with Belt Clip (https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001528347). I need an impact wrench to do tire thing but also want to get a HACKZALL because i don't have one.
Two completely different sets. No doubt the Rigid has way more power at 18v, but a lot more bulk and weight. I have a bunch of Milwaukee 12v gear and it almost does everything I can throw at it. There are a lot of tool options in the M12 line, a number of lighting options. I have 20v dewalt gear for commercial use and more intense workload requirements.
Sep 8, 2006
73 posts
33 upvotes
beachbumTO wrote: Two completely different sets. No doubt the Rigid has way more power at 18v, but a lot more bulk and weight. I have a bunch of Milwaukee 12v gear and it almost does everything I can throw at it. There are a lot of tool options in the M12 line, a number of lighting options. I have 20v dewalt gear for commercial use and more intense workload requirements.
The Ridgid one is so called "Sub-Compact", not sure how compact it is compared to M12.
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
446 posts
222 upvotes
Markham
maoz wrote: How do we compare this deal to this Ridgid combo (18V Brushless Sub-Compact Cordless 1/2 -inch Drill/Driver and Impact Driver Combo Kit) : https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001528346, you can get free RIDGID 18V Brushless Sub-Compact Cordless 3/8 -inch Impact Wrench (Tool-Only) with Belt Clip (https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridgid ... 1001528347). I need an impact wrench to do tire thing but also want to get a HACKZALL because i don't have one.
as beachbumTO mention completely different sets.

the ridgid is 18v is potentially more powerful than than this milwaukee 12v brushless set.

The question is do you need all that power?

Here is my experience. I have both m18 and m12 milwaukee set. I find for most of my jobs i mostly use m12 set for mostly everything i need. I usually need the situations when i need to drill 7/8" holes into 2x4, m12 drill version not strong enuff. Although the m12 hammer drill can drill into concrete, i use the m18 hammer drill for concrete for bigger holes 1/2 or bigger or if i am drilling concrete holes all day. Even m18 hackzall i use it to cut down 2x4 or bigger woods quicker. m12 hackzall can do it, but takes longer.
Dec 12, 2019
8 posts
6 upvotes
Do the M18 Fuel combo kits ever have these free bare tool promotions on them?
Mar 20, 2017
211 posts
374 upvotes
I just upgraded from gen 1 non Fuel M12 to Gen 2 Fuel. Difference in power and noise is night and day. If you are a DIYer who uses these tools 3-4 times a year, you won’t care much. If you use them weekly, you will care. Just finished a down to the studs whole home reno on M12 brushless. Not once did I wish for more power. And the light weight pays off at the end of a workday.
[OP]
Jul 18, 2007
446 posts
222 upvotes
Markham
Robbit wrote: Do the M18 Fuel combo kits ever have these free bare tool promotions on them?
They do, surprised they didnt have it this week for fathers day. I guess you just have to keep a eye out.
Jun 12, 2018
63 posts
36 upvotes
Petawawa, Ontario
beachbumTO wrote: Two completely different sets. No doubt the Rigid has way more power at 18v, but a lot more bulk and weight. I have a bunch of Milwaukee 12v gear and it almost does everything I can throw at it. There are a lot of tool options in the M12 line, a number of lighting options. I have 20v dewalt gear for commercial use and more intense workload requirements.
The Ridgid 18V subcompact is actually insanely small. Comparing to the M12 fuel drill and driver - the Ridgid sub compacts are both shorter front to back. That's pretty crazy. What's bigger is the battery. If you use a 4ah+ on the Milwaukee's though it's not much different. The Ridgid subcompacts are lighter too - shockingly light. The power for them is between the M12 fuel line and the Ridgid 18V full size. I think they did well with this subcompact line. Other companies like Dewalt and Milwaukee have compact 18V lines - this is Ridgid first attempt I believe.
Oct 27, 2016
787 posts
363 upvotes
GTA
T3rry wrote: this was posted already under a KMS thread, same deal, i mentioned there that it's the same deal...

HD is a joke, i ordered this online because there was no local stock for the combo, but there was local stock for the ratchet, then the store cancelled the ratchet but they still shipped me the combo and of course no price adjustment because the ratchet rings free with an online order, so all i got was the full price combo that i now need to return in store..

That said, i have the Ratchet, Inflator and hackzall, they're all great tools, i use the inflator most, i don't really use the ratchet much because i have a 1/2 stubby impact wrench that does everything better than the ratchet (except fit in smaller spaces)

I love the M12 fuel gear, i swapped over from ryobi18v, the M12 fuel has the same or better specs on most tools, it's a little more money on some of the tools, pretty similar on others.... but where it shines is the size and weight, MUCH MUCH more compact and lighter than the 18v gear, half the size, half the weight (less fatigue from using it all day), half the hauling, with the same or better performance.
in my case, i chose the hackzall freebie. i ordered it online but when it arrived it totally looks like a used item!
i bought another one just m12 hackzall fuel and once it arrives i will make a switcheroo and return the used item they sent me.
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
Mar 31, 2008
949 posts
685 upvotes
Airdrie
ryanrudolf wrote: in my case, i chose the hackzall freebie. i ordered it online but when it arrived it totally looks like a used item!
i bought another one just m12 hackzall fuel and once it arrives i will make a switcheroo and return the used item they sent me.

pic1.jpgpic2.jpg
Wow that looks really used. Maybe just send them that pic and see if they will make it right.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1791 posts
598 upvotes
Edmonton
I wish I could jump on this for the free wratchet but I got both the drill and driver separately on the free battery promos.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?