Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee m12 3/8 Impact driver with FREE 2.0AH battery and charger $199.99

Sep 8, 2014
505 posts
1592 upvotes
iPonik wrote: Got the 1/2" stubby last week for $149. What's the verdict on the aftermarket M12 batteries?

Amazon has the 3rd party battery 6aH for $31 vs. the Milwaukee branded one for $129 at Home Depot.

I'm not used to Milwaukee but do they have battery deals, ever?
I have both Milwaukee branded XC batteries and Amazon ones and notice little difference if any at all. Apparently Milwaukee batteries have better cold weather performance but that's a moot point to me. Some of the Amazon batteries list their cell manufacturer. I trust those ones more.
Dec 16, 2006
561 posts
99 upvotes
Central Ontario
iPonik wrote: Got the 1/2" stubby last week for $149. What's the verdict on the aftermarket M12 batteries?

Amazon has the 3rd party battery 6aH for $31 vs. the Milwaukee branded one for $129 at Home Depot.

I'm not used to Milwaukee but do they have battery deals, ever?
I bought a couple of 3000 mAh batteries from Amazon that go under the brand name 'Powerextra'.
I really haven't noticed any difference in performance, but they do not fit M12 tools quite as well - they are a bit loose.
Sep 15, 2015
230 posts
122 upvotes
networksend wrote: M18 fuel impact driver vs new M12 fuel 1/2” stubby impact wrench (middle) vs M12 fuel impact driver size comparison pics

M18 and M12 impact drivers would not loosen wheel lug nuts tightened to 80 ft-lb. Hoping the wrench will do the trick otherwise no point having it.
I was able to do a full wheel swap with a milwaukee m12 1/4 inch impact driver with little to no issue. You might be using poor quality hex to square adapter or socket.
Nov 24, 2015
799 posts
539 upvotes
Durham Region
boqbal wrote: I was able to do a full wheel swap with a milwaukee m12 1/4 inch impact driver with little to no issue. You might be using poor quality hex to square adapter or socket.
Interesting. The socket is impact rated but the adapter likely is not
Apr 14, 2017
40 posts
31 upvotes
boqbal wrote: I was able to do a full wheel swap with a milwaukee m12 1/4 inch impact driver with little to no issue. You might be using poor quality hex to square adapter or socket.
If you were able to do wheel swap with m12 hex impact driver, the last person who put the wheels on forgot to tighten your lug nuts. Lucky you caught it before they came off
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5813 posts
1577 upvotes
Calgary
cmosve wrote: If you were able to do wheel swap with m12 hex impact driver, the last person who put the wheels on forgot to tighten your lug nuts. Lucky you caught it before they came off
actually the m12 fuel impact driver puts out just under 110ft-lbs, so its very possible on a car that only needs 80ft-lbs

That said... Use the right tool for the job, get the impact wrench.
Apr 14, 2017
40 posts
31 upvotes
T3rry wrote: actually the m12 fuel impact driver puts out just under 110ft-lbs, so its very possible on a car that only needs 80ft-lbs

That said... Use the right tool for the job, get the impact wrench.
You might be right if it was properly torqued and rust/salt didn’t accumulate but m12 hex was my starter tool for over a year and never had any luck removing any wheel nuts.
Sep 15, 2012
628 posts
112 upvotes
NB
prohomy wrote: I have both Milwaukee branded XC batteries and Amazon ones and notice little difference if any at all. Apparently Milwaukee batteries have better cold weather performance but that's a moot point to me. Some of the Amazon batteries list their cell manufacturer. I trust those ones more.
You got a link?
drb789 wrote: I bought a couple of 3000 mAh batteries from Amazon that go under the brand name 'Powerextra'.
I really haven't noticed any difference in performance, but they do not fit M12 tools quite as well - they are a bit loose.
The one I see is called Aoyan.. 32$ for a 6.0ah
Sep 8, 2014
505 posts
1592 upvotes
It's no longer sold. I've had a good experience with Amazon and replica Milwaukee batteries. I had one issue with a battery that would no longer charge to full capacity. When the seller would no longer reply to my messages, Amazon stepped in and allowed me a full return for refund honoring the sellers 1yr warranty when the seller wouldn't. That's why I started looking for batteries that indicated they used brand name cells.
Sep 15, 2012
628 posts
112 upvotes
NB
prohomy wrote: It's no longer sold. I've had a good experience with Amazon and replica Milwaukee batteries. I had one issue with a battery that would no longer charge to full capacity. When the seller would no longer reply to my messages, Amazon stepped in and allowed me a full return for refund honoring the sellers 1yr warranty when the seller wouldn't. That's why I started looking for batteries that indicated they used brand name cells.
Going to read the amazon ad carefully and see what it lists. What are brand name cells or higher quality ones?
Sep 15, 2015
230 posts
122 upvotes
cmosve wrote: If you were able to do wheel swap with m12 hex impact driver, the last person who put the wheels on forgot to tighten your lug nuts. Lucky you caught it before they came off
I actually did a full swap on my buddy's car right after I did my vehicles on a single battery charge although the driver was having to hammer longer since the battery started dying. So definitely not loose lugs considering I use a torque wrench set to 90 ft/lbs. Also considering the driver outputs more than 100ft/lbs there is no reason why it couldn't loosen lugs. It will obviously hammer longer than a wrench but nothing crazy.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5813 posts
1577 upvotes
Calgary
essehh wrote: Aren't these the same batteries Tesla runs off of as well?
the same form factor of 18650, i don't know specifically what model Tesla uses, there are hundreds of different cells with various capacity and amperage ratings from different manufacturers.
Mar 5, 2018
62 posts
73 upvotes
xtothel wrote: http://homedepot.flyerify.com/home-depo ... e/4/#flyer
Bottom left hand side. Look for "$199" and the red tool. Right under it, in small print is the 1/2 inch tool price. Then further down, it shows the "Until Weds, April 29..."
Thanks I was having trouble finding it in store on mobile with the clan in tow or ya I would have plead my case. Alas I probably won't get back soon but thanks for that