Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee m12 3/8 Impact driver with FREE 2.0AH battery and charger $199.99

Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6878 posts
1011 upvotes
Toronto
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Why some home Depot doesn't allow return of free item even if it has a refund value?
They're being jerks, not following HD's own policy. Tell them you will report then to headquarters.
Nov 7, 2018
626 posts
391 upvotes
Inno wrote: They're being jerks, not following HD's own policy. Tell them you will report then to headquarters.
Where can I read that policy?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6878 posts
1011 upvotes
Toronto
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Where can I read that policy?
It's printed right on the receipt, where it states the return amount.
Nov 7, 2018
626 posts
391 upvotes
Inno wrote: It's printed right on the receipt, where it states the return amount.
They said if I want refund I have to give both stubby and free item even if it shows the max refund value for each
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6878 posts
1011 upvotes
Toronto
Mrrfdxyz wrote: They said if I want refund I have to give both stubby and free item even if it shows the max refund value for each
That's unfortunate. If that's a requirement, how do they explain the separate return amounts on the receipt?

Other people here are not having that problem. You've got a bad store and/or a bad employee. I'd try another store or a different customer service rep. Too bad they are wasting your time. You might want to share which store this is, so other RFDers can avoid their bad attitude and service.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2736 posts
500 upvotes
Ontario
Inno wrote: Yes, $199 is the regular price for the 1/2" Stubby bare tool. BUT the current HD flyer shows the bare tool plus bonus free battery/charger starter kit for $149 total.

It may look like a price error but the HD cashier system is charging that amount for both items when bought together.

If you already have M12 batteries and a charger, you can return the starter kit and get a refund of around $63 plus tax, which is more than the battery and charger is worth in my opinion (i.e. you can buy the pieces cheaper on Kijiji or FB Marketplace, if you don't mind running around).
Do they have price change policy if bought 2 weeks ago?
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5179 posts
1223 upvotes
Kanata
Thanks for posting. Got the 1/2" stubby with battery with 5$ mailer coupon and returned the battery 5 min later, @ottawa. I don't even think this is an issue as it just scans automatically, not sure why stores/people are having issues.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5813 posts
1577 upvotes
Calgary
sweet deal, i have been looking for a deal on the 1/2 stubby for a month or 2 now saw the $199 deal but figured there must be something better, cant beat this deal, imma head over after work today,

Anybody have a receipt of it scanning at $150 in case mine doesn't?

EDIT, NVM, i see now in small print under the 3/8 stubby that the 1/2 stubby is $149
Aug 29, 2012
208 posts
136 upvotes
SURREY
I hope anyone buying this tool has, or plans on purchasing, impact rated sockets and extensions. You will be very disappointed if you only have chrome sockets.
Dec 11, 2017
85 posts
13 upvotes
GTA, ON
Would it make sense to get this 1/2 inch wrench or wait for some sort of deal on the Rigid version (lifetime warranty) ... ??
I will primarily be using it to change tires at the end of the season ....
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1593 posts
197 upvotes
Bought 1/2" stubby for pick up online at $199 figuring I could have them adjust price ..... They charged me $149+109+taxes (charged me for the battery/charger). Picked up, returned items I picked up and repurchased at $149 +taxes.

Would not let me return battery/charger, some reason they thought I wanted to get the free items for free... Except I kept saying I'm trying to return the free items. Either way I was denied at Heartland in Mississauga ON. CSRs were rude. Will try to return at different store.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
4328 posts
552 upvotes
ash137 wrote: Would it make sense to get this 1/2 inch wrench or wait for some sort of deal on the Rigid version (lifetime warranty) ... ??
I will primarily be using it to change tires at the end of the season ....
if all you do is wheel swap then definitely get the 1/2 inch instead. 3/8 is more for brake work and stuff in the engine bay, etc.
Dec 11, 2017
85 posts
13 upvotes
GTA, ON
mingyang wrote: if all you do is wheel swap then definitely get the 1/2 inch instead. 3/8 is more for brake work and stuff in the engine bay, etc.
That's right, I was considering the 1/2 inch only, question was wait for Rigid with lifetime warranty to drop in price, or Milwaukee at this price is a steal ???
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
4328 posts
552 upvotes
ash137 wrote: That's right, I was considering the 1/2 inch only, question was wait for Rigid with lifetime warranty to drop in price, or Milwaukee at this price is a steal ???
Milwaukee has amazing lineup in their eco system, it makes alot of sense if you invest in their other tools. i don't see these things break down that fast especially for home DIYers, so warranty is not a big factor to me.