Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee M12 Fuel Drill Kit or Impact Kit $139ea

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2018 2:43 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2005
2359 posts
104 upvotes
Thunder Bay

[Home Depot] Milwaukee M12 Fuel Drill Kit or Impact Kit $139ea

I'm thinking either set is a smoking deal considering these are both gen 2
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.m12- ... 60184.html
Image
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.m12- ... 60144.html
Image
166 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1624 posts
138 upvotes
For 12 volts, whats better dewalt or milwaukee?
Member
Jul 31, 2009
458 posts
182 upvotes
Ottawa
reggyDeal wrote: For 12 volts, whats better dewalt or milwaukee?
Definitely milwaukee, their m12 line up is hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Dewalt doesn't seem to care about their 12v and focus on their 60v instead.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 2, 2006
124 posts
48 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Wish the impact came with a 4.0Ah battery as well.
Member
Jun 5, 2009
239 posts
557 upvotes
Vancouver
I believe they will be clearing out this impact for the stubby M12 but the drill driver not sure on a replacement. In any case, it's a good deal for right now although I think they were providing a "free" 6ah away last month with the $199 price. I would still take this deal and source batteries elsewhere.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
12115 posts
5257 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
NOTE> These are from the M12 Fuel line which should not be confused with the standard M12 line. The Fuel line has more power from the brushless motor design than the standard line - ie the Fuel impact driver of the same size has 200 in-lbs of more torque than the standard one.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2011
1268 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
I have both m12 fuel hammer drill and impact driver. And I will not reach for my 18v tools anymore. (Except my 18v impact wrench for lug nuts)

Love the 4ah battery as well.

You will not be disappointed. I bought my impact driver kit @ $99 + tax free when HD tried to clear out old stocks. And match lowes tax free event promotions years ago
Newbie
Oct 5, 2018
3 posts
ToolHound wrote: I believe they will be clearing out this impact for the stubby M12 but the drill driver not sure on a replacement. In any case, it's a good deal for right now although I think they were providing a "free" 6ah away last month with the $199 price. I would still take this deal and source batteries elsewhere.
The Stubby is impact wrench. This is impact driver.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2008
4359 posts
826 upvotes
Toronto
M12 is "Unavailable in Your Area"

St. John's

Ugg
Let's hug it out
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 5, 2004
4174 posts
226 upvotes
Laval
Ordered for local ISPU in Anjou Quebec. Time to retire the 25yr old Dewalt.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1624 posts
138 upvotes
Do you guys use an impact or drill when screwing in screws into pre-threaded metal screw holes?

Just seems so much easier to replace bits with the impact-chuck, is there such an add on for the drill, i.e. quick release bit replacement?
Last edited by reggyDeal on Nov 6th, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
User avatar
Nov 1, 2008
492 posts
277 upvotes
Canada
I use the drill for drilling and impact for screwing/unscrewing. Could also use impact for drilling if only looking to have one tool.
==================================================
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 9, 2003
18043 posts
2575 upvotes
Langley
reggyDeal wrote: Do you guys use an impact or drill when screwing in screws into pre-threaded metal screw holes?

Just seems so much easier to replace bits with the impact-chuck, is there such an add on for the drill, i.e. quick release bit replacement?
I don't use either. I just drive the screws by hand, metal threads are too fragile for an impact or drill.

You probably could but if you do that a lot, you'd probably be better getting a power screwdriver.

Like this one:
https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-t ... t/dcf680n1
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1624 posts
138 upvotes
wroom wrote: I use the drill for drilling and impact for screwing/unscrewing. Could also use impact for drilling if only looking to have one tool.
Can't you over-tighten the screws with impact? As there is no tension on control on the impact vs the drill?

Top