Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Milwaukee M12 Fuel Drill Kit or Impact Kit $139ea

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2018 2:43 am
Nov 5, 2018
657 posts
769 upvotes
wroom wrote: I don't think it ever ended. Looks like it's a regular price and not a sale. Even in the flyer it says "Special Buy" not a XX.xx OFF kind of sale. it is a good price though and I bought both even though I already have a regular M12 kit I bought last year.
You're correct that these units have been at the $139 price since they were originally introduced, but they were only in the flyer for a week. I noticed my location moved them out of hiding again last week, so it isn't a surprise to see them in the flyer for another go.

I don't believe this is the regular price though, I expect these to go up to $199 early in the new year. The old gen2 sets in the same package (2 batteries + charger) are still holding at $199.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15619 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Catenary wrote: You're correct that these units have been at the $139 price since they were originally introduced, but they were only in the flyer for a week. I noticed my location moved them out of hiding again last week, so it isn't a surprise to see them in the flyer for another go.

I don't believe this is the regular price though, I expect these to go up to $199 early in the new year. The old gen2 sets in the same package (2 batteries + charger) are still holding at $199.
That typically never happens with Milwaukee deals that are a 'special buy'. HD does this every year on larger M12 sets. Typically, they start reducing the price on any 'special buy' seasonal items just after the New Year to clear them out.
Nov 5, 2018
657 posts
769 upvotes
craftsman wrote: That typically never happens with Milwaukee deals that are a 'special buy'. HD does this every year on larger M12 sets. Typically, they start reducing the price on any 'special buy' seasonal items just after the New Year to clear them out.
That's usually the case with accessories, actual Milwaukee "Special Buys" like the single battery M18 drills kits, and the combo kits, but these are a direct replacement for an outgoing product. I expect to see the Gen.2 2403-22 / 1000762164 drill with 4.0 & 2.0 batteries, charger and hard case reduced to clear in the new year, but these ones I'm not so sure about.

It is a bit odd though, Home Depot tends to avoid sales in favour of special buy items which are usually tools packaged with an extra battery, fewer batteries, or a combo kit. These are regular stock items you would find at any regular local retailer of Milwaukee products, and a direct replacement for an item they already carry. They also have the brushed drill kit for $179, and Fuel Drill/Impact combo kit for $299 so keeping these around at $139 seems unlikely.

I'm wondering if the Home Depot "Special Buy" is an introductory offer from Milwaukee instead of what we usually see as a special buy.
Nov 1, 2008
826 posts
738 upvotes
Canada
So is it going to go up or down after the New Year? Catenary is predicting a raise in price and craftsman is predicting a reduction in price. From the looks of it if would not make sense for the price to go up, especially to $199 as it's been at $139 since introduction as a regular price so my money are on craftsman.
==================================================
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15619 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Catenary wrote: That's usually the case with accessories, actual Milwaukee "Special Buys" like the single battery M18 drills kits, and the combo kits, but these are a direct replacement for an outgoing product. I expect to see the Gen.2 2403-22 / 1000762164 drill with 4.0 & 2.0 batteries, charger and hard case reduced to clear in the new year, but these ones I'm not so sure about.

It is a bit odd though, Home Depot tends to avoid sales in favour of special buy items which are usually tools packaged with an extra battery, fewer batteries, or a combo kit. These are regular stock items you would find at any regular local retailer of Milwaukee products, and a direct replacement for an item they already carry. They also have the brushed drill kit for $179, and Fuel Drill/Impact combo kit for $299 so keeping these around at $139 seems unlikely.

I'm wondering if the Home Depot "Special Buy" is an introductory offer from Milwaukee instead of what we usually see as a special buy.
HD does some what-may-seem-like stupid things in terms of Milwaukee over the years but obviously, it's been working for them. I would not be surprised if these particular kits are listed in the system as a 'special buy' item vs. 'regular stock' item and thus are treated differently. We might see HD introduce a regular stock Fuel line with a different battery and clear out these special buy items.
Nov 5, 2018
657 posts
769 upvotes
craftsman wrote: HD does some what-may-seem-like stupid things in terms of Milwaukee over the years but obviously, it's been working for them. I would not be surprised if these particular kits are listed in the system as a 'special buy' item vs. 'regular stock' item and thus are treated differently. We might see HD introduce a regular stock Fuel line with a different battery and clear out these special buy items.
Yep - I notice that the magical $268 M18 FUEL 1/2 impact has disappeared off the website. Stock in my area was dwindling a couple of weeks back.

I also realize that the existing Gen 2 M12 fuel drill/driver that they stock for $199 is not a hammer drill as this one is. Will we see the Gen. 3 Fuel non-hammer drill replacing it at full price instead of this one? Who knows!