Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Milwaukee M12 FUEL Stubby 3/8-Inch Impact Wrench 2554-20 (Tool-Only) - $139

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2020 5:34 pm
Apr 14, 2006
59 posts
59 upvotes
Waterloo

[Home Depot] Milwaukee M12 FUEL Stubby 3/8-Inch Impact Wrench 2554-20 (Tool-Only) - $139

$139 in the latest Pro flyer (July 7 - July 20)

Shows up as $169 online and in-store. Cashier had no problem price matching the flyer.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001232346
Images
  • 1001232346.png
  • pro flyer.png
Last edited by metasyntactic on Jul 7th, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
158 replies
Feb 27, 2016
18 posts
18 upvotes
Did you have a paper flyer? I'm seeing $169 on the online Pro flyer.
Feb 6, 2015
225 posts
130 upvotes
Calgary
Flipp flyer is showing $169.XX.

Did you see this in the physical paper flyers?

Perhaps the receipt can help others get the deal too.
Nov 20, 2011
124 posts
30 upvotes
SURREY
Are the adapters to make these an impact driver safe? Read these wrenches may overtighten or strip screws/bolts if used as an impact driver?
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
It's in the Pro Flyer. Also shows up on Flipp.

Capture.PNG
Apr 14, 2006
59 posts
59 upvotes
Waterloo
It shows $139 in the Pro flyer for Kitchener-Waterloo stores (7105 / 7179 / 7017) - I added a screenshot to the OP.

It shows $169 for Stockyards #7013

YMMV?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Still wondering if I should go for 1/2" or 3/8". The right angle impact wrench at $249 is too expensive for the time being.

My Princess Auto Powerfist shallow but thicker sockets are 1/2" while my deep thinned wall sockets are 3/8". I do have some impact adapters and also have 1/4" thin walled sockets haha.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
alanbrenton wrote: Still wondering if I should go for 1/2" or 3/8". The right angle impact wrench at $249 is too expensive for the time being.

My Princess Auto Powerfist shallow but thicker sockets are 1/2" while my deep thinned wall sockets are 3/8". I do have some impact adapters and also have 1/4" thin walled sockets haha.
I'm going to go with 3/8" for more versatility. Probably the exact same tool with a different sized head on it. I don't use 1/2" sockets all that much.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Rob_EV wrote: I'm going to go with 3/8" for more versatility. Probably the exact same tool with a different sized head on it. I don't use 1/2" sockets all that much.
True. I was just thinking that there may be instances wherein the space is too small so the shallow impact wrenches maybe better but I think I will go with your advice and if need be, just get better 3/8" shallow impact sockets.

Also, I think my sockets are all non-professional because none of them come with the pin hole that make people go with the friction ring instead of the detente pin (only in 1/2" anyway). Never had issues with all my Ryobi and Milwaukee tools with detente pin. Never even knew the difference when I bought the tools.
Jan 30, 2019
56 posts
90 upvotes
Québec
alanbrenton wrote: True. I was just thinking that there may be instances wherein the space is too small so the shallow impact wrenches maybe better but I think I will go with your advice and if need be, just get better 3/8" shallow impact sockets.

Also, I think my sockets are all non-professional because none of them come with the pin hole that make people go with the friction ring instead of the detente pin (only in 1/2" anyway). Never had issues with all my Ryobi and Milwaukee tools with detente pin. Never even knew the difference when I bought the tools.
It's quite simple, if you change the socket often then go for the hot ring, if you always use the same socket then go for the detent pin.
The detent pin holds the socket very, very well and it takes more force to remove the socket from a detent pin than from a hot ring.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Tiscan wrote: It's quite simple, if you change the socket often then go for the hot ring, if you always use the same socket then go for the detent pin.
The detent pin holds the socket very, very well and it takes more force to remove the socket from a detent pin than from a hot ring.
That's what I've been gathering with additional research but the thing is I have never had an issue removing the sockets (powerfist, husky, and a few others). One needs to use some force but nothing like having to require elbow grease. The friction rings will eventually have to be replaced though of course, they're cheap parts anyway.

Sometimes, it's even harder to open a stuck bottle of something.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
3579 posts
610 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: That's what I've been gathering with additional research but the thing is I have never had an issue removing the sockets (powerfist, husky, and a few others). One needs to use some force but nothing like having to require elbow grease. The friction rings will eventually have to be replaced though of course, they're cheap parts anyway.

Sometimes, it's even harder to open a stuck bottle of something.
If none of your sockets have the pin hole then that's why you can remove them easily. If they had the pin hole, then you would have to press the pin before removing the socket.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
crimsondr wrote: If none of your sockets have the pin hole then that's why you can remove them easily. If they had the pin hole, then you would have to press the pin before removing the socket.
Yes, that's why.

For one stubby YT video, a commenter said his Husky sockets ( the ones I bought) were wobbly on the friction ring version.

Someone replied to test on a regular ratchet to tell if the detent pin version would be a better fit. He thinks it would actually.
Jul 26, 2008
321 posts
211 upvotes
For those in the QC dont forget to get your 15% extra for incorrect price at the cash Winking Face! Makes this a hot deal for those who need this.
Oct 9, 2014
375 posts
529 upvotes
YEG, YXE, YYZ
Weird, us in the West (specifically Saskatoon), it says $169.
Images
  • upload.png
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1569 posts
1156 upvotes
This is a great deal on the 3/8" version. I have all 3 stubby's, the 3/8" was my first and remains my favorite. The 1/4" is next in line and its the newest, I can see myself using it more than the 3/8" now that I have a proper set of 1/4" impact sockets. Last in line is the 1/2", same size and power as the 3/8", but with bigger sockets. I'll be selling the 1/2" stubby soon enough, ill be sticking with my 1/2" 18v Ridgid until I get a good deal on a high torque M18 impact wrench.
Feb 26, 2018
221 posts
255 upvotes
Also seeing $169 in flipp. I'm located in Oshawa. Maybe an initial misprint?
Images
  • Screenshot_20200707-212750.png
Aug 6, 2011
110 posts
34 upvotes
St Catharines
My wife is going to lose her mind when I come home with more tools. Just picked up the $399 deal with a 1/2 m18 fuel impact. I’ve been eying this 3/8 model for sometime. It’s a versatile little tool.