Includes:
- Impact Driver
- Drill
- Two (1.5) Batteries
- Charger
- Tool Bag
Images
  • M12.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 22nd, 2018 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited retailer field
90 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2319 posts
859 upvotes
Burnaby
Currently $150.

Great deal. Batteries are worth $100 alone. Have to wait for nov 22. Darn.
Dec 13, 2016
45 posts
28 upvotes
Alliston
Sounds like a great price for this bundle
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9210 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
Might return the pair of m12 fuel I got for 139 each for this one, probably suits me better ... Average Joe.
Feb 20, 2012
462 posts
243 upvotes
KITCHENER
Let's get the basics out of the way:

- NON-Fuel Version, 3 generations below the "best" version
- Build quality is A+, but have 75% battery life and probably 75% power of Fuel Gen2/3
- Amazing deal
- Amazing gift

If you are serious about your tools you are better off with an M12 Hammer Drill, and an adjustable speed Impact Driver (FUEL GEN1/2/3). Both of which are twice this price (and also worth every penny).
Nov 11, 2013
379 posts
302 upvotes
Calgary
Perfect starter kit for a homeowner.
May 21, 2005
101 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't mean to hijack this thread but HD also has their Ridgid 12V for the same price $99. It was $130 previously.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.12v- ... 11551.html

Quality and reputation may not be at the same level as Milwaukee branded tools, but Ridgid does have a lifetime warranty on their tools and LSA on their batteries.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11503 posts
11004 upvotes
Oakville
Bought for $99 a year or two ago. Love the set and now have the M12 ratchet as well. The Ridgid set is pretty similar, but oddly doesn't have a battery meter.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2763 upvotes
I have this kit, purchased a couple of years ago for $129 with bonus 4ah battery. Used it to build a deck originally. This is a great price for a great kit.

In no way is this a "starter" or "light-duty" or "older generation" pair of tools. These are quality, heavy-duty tools that will perform for you every day. These brushed-motor versions are a bit smaller and lighter than the Fuel brushless versions, and not quite as powerful - but plenty powerful enough. and a better value for money for most people. I always reach for the M12 tools first, leaving my 18v tools on the shelf most of the time. I only need the 18v brushless drill when something takes so much torque that I have to use the handle bar to brace it with both hands.

Note that the batteries are 1.5 ah, the smallest size. That's adequate for these tools, and will last long enough for most jobs in routine use, but you would want a bigger battery for more power-hungry tools like saws. Even if you're using them all day, they charge fast (a little over an hour), so you could swap the 2 batteries back and forth.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11503 posts
11004 upvotes
Oakville
Exp315 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 4:29 pm
I have this kit, purchased a couple of years ago for $129 with bonus 4ah battery. Used it to build a deck originally. This is a great price for a great kit.

In no way is this a "starter" or "light-duty" or "older generation" pair of tools. These are quality, heavy-duty tools that will perform for you every day. These brushed-motor versions are a bit smaller and lighter than the Fuel brushless versions, and not quite as powerful - but plenty powerful enough. and a better value for money for most people. I always reach for the M12 tools first, leaving my 18v tools on the shelf most of the time. I only need the 18v brushless drill when something takes so much torque that I have to use the handle bar to brace it with both hands.

Note that the batteries are 1.5 ah, the smallest size. That's adequate for these tools, and will last long enough for most jobs in routine use, but you would want a bigger battery for more power-hungry tools like saws. Even if you're using them all day, they charge fast (a little over an hour), so you could swap the 2 batteries back and forth.
+1 to all of this. These are my go to tools.
Nov 28, 2011
340 posts
381 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Last year I had recommended this Kit to my friend who does a few small projects around the home.
It'll handle up to medium-sized construction jobs [fence, deck, planters, etc] but larger or daily construction jobs you'd benefit from a the speed and run time of brushless or an 18v kit.
Jan 1, 2007
999 posts
96 upvotes
Maybe save yourself the $100 for the M18 tools. Bigger selection that you/will want or need in the future. I have seen M12 on sale a lot and everytime I think of having another battery line, I hold myself back.
Oct 28, 2016
957 posts
2442 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Or you could spend an extra 59 bucks and get the m18 drill driver and impact with 2x2. 0ah batteries.

158.00 for BF at home depot.
Images
  • upload.jpg
"Live Long....and ProspeRFD"
Oct 28, 2016
957 posts
2442 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
bizznatches wrote:
Nov 20th, 2018 6:45 pm
This or the porter's 20v combo for 99 at lowes?
Not even comparable. Milwuakee all the way.
"Live Long....and ProspeRFD"