Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee M12 Tools Free Battery Offer - HOT!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2019 9:13 am
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8373 posts
5742 upvotes
Markham
craftsman wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:24 pm
I'll bet that it has more to do with the US/China trade tariffs than it does with anything else. Most of Milwaukee's power tools are made/assembled in China and then exported to the US where we, in turn, import them from the US. Since the tariffs are applied when the product is imported into the US, we end up paying for those tariffs. As the existing inventory is drawn down, I suspect that more tools made in China but imported from the US will see 'price hikes' in the next few months.
Another huge thanks to Mr. President Dummkopf for making stuff more expensive for no apparent reason.
Apr 4, 2018
48 posts
47 upvotes
secant wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 12:40 pm
Thanks for the confirmation. I guess I'll pull the trigger and get them separately then.
You might have waited too long, I wanted to get another set for my dad and couldn’t find any impact drivers for 139 in stock anywhere in gta
Jan 24, 2017
18 posts
3 upvotes
Dazaron wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:45 pm
You might have waited too long, I wanted to get another set for my dad and couldn’t find any impact drivers for 139 in stock anywhere in gta
Wait so they are considered a decent price and are selling like hot cakes? I thought $139 is just normal price?
Yeah I already have an old 18v set I used for 3 years, it's heavy and bulky especially when used in tight spaces but I thought I'd postpone the purchase of smaller drills until the end of this year, but my wrists are starting to get a little sore after each day of work so I thought screw it I'll just have to get a smaller package for work I don't want to strain myself too much and not be able to work right.
Nov 10, 2011
130 posts
56 upvotes
Niagara Region
secant wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 2:59 pm
Wait so they are considered a decent price and are selling like hot cakes? I thought $139 is just normal price?
Yeah I already have an old 18v set I used for 3 years, it's heavy and bulky especially when used in tight spaces but I thought I'd postpone the purchase of smaller drills until the end of this year, but my wrists are starting to get a little sore after each day of work so I thought screw it I'll just have to get a smaller package for work I don't want to strain myself too much and not be able to work right.
Don't know where you live so can't comment on store availability of the $139 M12 impact driver. Niagara Region through GTA, there is no store stock. [Niagara Falls inventory shows 1 in stock, but I doubt it's really there.] However, it is available online for ordering to the store.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4510 posts
538 upvotes
I went to a Richmond Hill North and Aurora Home Depots this afternoon, I noticed that each HD had the $139 kit. I wasn't looking for that so I didn't bother checking if it was the impact driver or impact drill.

I saw that 3.0 xc batteries have been restocked at a few local stores when looking online. I grabbed the last 3.0 xc at Richmond Hill North. I grabbed the vacuum and 3/8 ratchet.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Nov 10, 2011
130 posts
56 upvotes
Niagara Region
bluetroll wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 6:09 pm
I went to a Richmond Hill North and Aurora Home Depots this afternoon, I noticed that each HD had the $139 kit. I wasn't looking for that so I didn't bother checking if it was the impact driver or impact drill.
Online inventory shows Richmond Hill North store with two $139 impact drivers. The $139 drill seems to be in stock in most stores (very unscientific survey, by the way).
Last edited by cpfan on Jan 14th, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2524 posts
912 upvotes
Toronto
Is the impact wrench part of this promo?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4510 posts
538 upvotes
chadw01 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 7:46 pm
Is the impact wrench part of this promo?
I believe it's just the combo impact drill and impact driver.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.m12- ... 94843.html

But it's not that good of a deal because you would only get 4 batteries total and forced to buy another tool.

With the $139 kit, you get 2 2.0ah batteries and a hard carrying case and a charger. If you really want the 3.0ah xc batteries, it's better to just buy 2 extra tools to take advantage on the deal.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

Jan 31, 2015
29 posts
13 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I went to a local home depot and they had no idea about the offer. They had lots of the batteries in stock. Does anyone know if the brushless hammer drill for $139 qualifies for this offer? I tried asking but because they didn't even know about the offer they had no idea.

Edit* read back a couple pages and there was a comment about it not qualifying.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6300 posts
750 upvotes
Toronto
Infinit4 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:37 am
I went to a local home depot and they had no idea about the offer. They had lots of the batteries in stock. Does anyone know if the brushless hammer drill for $139 qualifies for this offer? I tried asking but because they didn't even know about the offer they had no idea.

Edit* read back a couple pages and there was a comment about it not qualifying.
All the cashiers have a few pages of promos sorted by manufacturer. They simply scan the bar codes for Milwaukee and it's instantly confirmed if your item qualifies, or not.
Jan 31, 2015
29 posts
13 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Inno wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 10:46 am
All the cashiers have a few pages of promos sorted by manufacturer. They simply scan the bar codes for Milwaukee and it's instantly confirmed if your item qualifies, or not.
I'll have to take it back and get them to check. The people at the hardware area had no idea. Thank you
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4510 posts
538 upvotes
Infinit4 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 5:57 pm
I'll have to take it back and get them to check. The people at the hardware area had no idea. Thank you
The $139 kits are not included in the promo, but are still a very good deal on their own. I bought both $139 kits of the Drill and Impact Driver.

Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6016 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
skanji wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 1:17 pm
Last question on this - do these sets go on sale, or is it best to purchase now? No rush to purchase if I can save a few bucks later...

CHeers
Waited and it went from $249 to $279 ;(
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4510 posts
538 upvotes
budfrogs wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 10:00 pm
Elite tools had the 4ah battery on for $68 on its own.

https://www.elitetools.ca/en/product/m1 ... 8-11-2440/
I price matched this at the Home Depot today.

I'm going to return the 2 2.0 batteries I got from this promo. I should get around $68 for the returns.
So basically trading the 2 2.0 for 1 4.0

2 4.0ah
4 3.0ah
3 2.0ah

I've got plenty of power :)