Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Milwaukee M12 Tools Free Battery Offer - HOT!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2019 9:13 am
Aug 15, 2017
53 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
muffin_man wrote: It's pretty impressive. Saw a guy on YouTube taking apart a rusted diesel engine almost exclusively with the stubby. Now only if they come out with a right angle impact wrench like Ingersoll Rand...
Pick your poison?

https://milwaukeetool.com/Products/Powe ... rs/2467-20

https://milwaukeetool.com/Products/Powe ... rs/2667-20

https://milwaukeetool.com/Products/Powe ... es/2668-20

Unless you're like me, and only want FUEL grade versions of your impact stuff... I do have some non-Fuel line tools, but generally because there is no (or no need for) a Fuel line alternative. I have are the M12 inflator, M18 heat gun, M18 grease gun, and M18 Vacuum. Oh, and the ratchets I've had for years before the Fuel ones were released (which have recently been added).
Dec 3, 2010
576 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
Bansal wrote: Pick your poison?

https://milwaukeetool.com/Products/Powe ... rs/2467-20

https://milwaukeetool.com/Products/Powe ... rs/2667-20

https://milwaukeetool.com/Products/Powe ... es/2668-20

Unless you're like me, and only want FUEL grade versions of your impact stuff... I do have some non-Fuel line tools, but generally because there is no (or no need for) a Fuel line alternative. I have are the M12 inflator, M18 heat gun, M18 grease gun, and M18 Vacuum. Oh, and the ratchets I've had for years before the Fuel ones were released (which have recently been added).
The IR angled impact is completely different animal. The hammering mechanism is in the angled head vs gear train used in the Milwaukee angled impact. If I remember correctly the IR angled impact puts out around 200 ft lbs.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19542 posts
12621 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bluetroll wrote: I went to 3 different home depots.

HD Aurora didn't have anything displayed with the offer.
HD Richmond Hill North didn't have anything displayed with the offer.
HD Markham North had a display showing the 2.0 and 2x3.0 battery offer.

I ended up buying the m12 fuel circular saw and the m12 hackzall. I got the 2x3.0 batteries.

I'm all set for tools now.

M12 fuel impact drill 4.0 and 2.0 batteries
M12 fuel impact driver 2x2.0 batteries
M12 fuel circular saw
M12 hackzall
2x3.0 batteries.

Now I have to tell the wife. LOL.
Simple... build something for her and then tell her! Don't do it the other way around!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4888 posts
953 upvotes
craftsman wrote: Simple... build something for her and then tell her! Don't do it the other way around!
LOL. I'm actually building the kid a backyard playground next year. This investment will give her more free time.

I'm probably going to swap the M12 Hackzall for the M12 Jigsaw or the M12 Fuel Jigsaw today.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19542 posts
12621 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bluetroll wrote: LOL. I'm actually building the kid a backyard playground next year. This investment will give her more free time.

I'm probably going to swap the M12 Hackzall for the M12 Jigsaw or the M12 Fuel Jigsaw today.
Next year is too late... You need something now so that you can get some brownie points and use those points before they expire without warning!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4888 posts
953 upvotes
craftsman wrote: Next year is too late... You need something now so that you can get some brownie points and use those points before they expire without warning!
We do need some new shelving. LOL.

So I decided to exchange the Hackzall with the Hackzall Fuel last night. I looked at the packaging today and noticed that it was opened previously. So I opened it up and realized that it was a NON-FUEL version.

The Home Depot lady at the customer service was really great and assisted in replacing it with a non opened version of the Hackzall Fuel.

What a headache!

But I'm all set now!
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2808 posts
938 upvotes
Newmarket
Clee wrote: oh no they removed the promotion with the m12 lantern :(

I had purchased the lantern few days ago at the store in Aurora and completely forgot about the promo, there were no signs that I saw, I had gone to HD yesterday for something else and asked about the battery for my purchase few days ago and they said no problem, they don't have the batteries in stock but should get them on the 27th, and they will call me once they have them. So it looks like the promo for the batteries is still on, but they are not really advertising it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7496 posts
1456 upvotes
Toronto
bluetroll wrote: We do need some new shelving. LOL.

So I decided to exchange the Hackzall with the Hackzall Fuel last night. I looked at the packaging today and noticed that it was opened previously. So I opened it up and realized that it was a NON-FUEL version.

The Home Depot lady at the customer service was really great and assisted in replacing it with a non opened version of the Hackzall Fuel.

What a headache!

But I'm all set now!
Sounds like a customer pulled a switcheroo and returned a basic model in a Fuel box. Crooked.

I bought a "new" circular saw once that had sawdust all over it when I opened the box. Not happy. HD should check the contents before they accept returns. Anything like that should go on the clearance table.
Last edited by Inno on Nov 20th, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2448 posts
1160 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Homerhomer wrote: I had purchased the lantern few days ago at the store in Aurora and completely forgot about the promo, there were no signs that I saw, I had gone to HD yesterday for something else and asked about the battery for my purchase few days ago and they said no problem, they don't have the batteries in stock but should get them on the 27th, and they will call me once they have them. So it looks like the promo for the batteries is still on, but they are not really advertising it.
Nice! I am always so impressed by Home Depot's customer service!
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1595 posts
1006 upvotes
Toronto
bluetroll wrote: We do need some new shelving. LOL.

What a headache!

But I'm all set now!
Thanks for the Reminder! i'll ask the associate to open it when i make the purchase!
Nov 28, 2011
396 posts
479 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Inno wrote: Sounds like a customer pulled a switcheroo and returned a basic model in a Fuel box. Crooked.
I had this happen years ago with a florescent shop light.
I wired it up, flipped the switch... nadda.
I opened the casing and noticed that the ballast was corroded with yellow ooze.
HD exchanged it with no problems. The guy at CS saw the swap out and said: "... somebody is doing business!"
sigh The dark side of being a Big box store.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19542 posts
12621 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
badger11 wrote: I had this happen years ago with a florescent shop light.
I wired it up, flipped the switch... nadda.
I opened the casing and noticed that the ballast was corroded with yellow ooze.
HD exchanged it with no problems. The guy at CS saw the swap out and said: "... somebody is doing business!"
sigh The dark side of being a Big box store.
It's really the dark side of many retail businesses. Some 'customers' take advantage of retailers thinking that it's hurting no-one.
Nov 5, 2018
557 posts
645 upvotes
I worked in Hardware at Home Depot for a couple of months, and if the returns cashier was on it they would call a department associate over to verify the return before processing it.

Stuff still slips though though.
Nov 23, 2013
164 posts
135 upvotes
Montreal
Just got the M12 Lantern with Free 1xM12 battery promo (yes it's still on even though they took it down from website)
Also got a free upgrade from 2.0 battery to 3.0 battery since they were OOS.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8728 posts
2145 upvotes
Mont-Royal
garlei wrote: Just got the M12 Lantern with Free 1xM12 battery promo (yes it's still on even though they took it down from website)
Also got a free upgrade from 2.0 battery to 3.0 battery since they were OOS.
which store?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Dec 12, 2012
323 posts
385 upvotes
Saskatchewan
prohomy wrote: Also, that new M12 (yes 12 volt) stubby impact has a ridiculous 250 FOOT lbs of torque.
I want it just so I can do tire changes with a 12v tool. So don't need but want.
Shhhhsshh, my friend come to this corner and see what the tool can do in front of your eyes. You'll want to buy it after seeing it in action.
If you ever almost pulled your back or almost hit yourself in the face with a breaker bar, impact tools are a godsend. Tire, repair shops, etc., seem to like to over tighten the lugnuts to beyond 100ft/lbs as specified by most vehicles.

In all seriousness, I bought this the day they had it at the construction supply house. As much as I wanted an 18/20V impact, 1200-1400ft/lb of torque is overkill for DIY on cars, in addition to being way too large and cumbersome to work on small/medium vehicles. The M12 FUEL 1/2 Impact Wrench is so nice to work on tires, brakes, and the rare suspension or engine repair. The impact is stupidly light and powerful for its size. My only gripe is now I need to invest in some decent nano/micro/stubby impact sockets, regular impact sockets, short and long ones limit you on where you can use the tool. Had to do some rear brakes and the tool could only remove the lower caliper & bracket bolt. Clearance even with the stubby will be an issue depending on the car.
Dec 24, 2011
396 posts
160 upvotes
New Westminster
I just saw this post. I already picked up a M12 ratchet in the USA HD for $120 USD!!! It is only $120 CAD (given I purchase 2 tools) here in Canada . I might go back and return it.

Although, anyone have any insight into the Ryobi 18V Oscillating Tool VS Milwaukee M12 Oscillating Tool? Not sure the M12 will be powerful enough, but this would make this promo really amazing.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2805 upvotes
blueworm123 wrote: I just saw this post. I already picked up a M12 ratchet in the USA HD for $120 USD!!! It is only $120 CAD (given I purchase 2 tools) here in Canada.
The M12 ratchet is a great tool, but it's nowhere near as powerful as an impact wrench. It does lock up when the trigger is off, so you can manually yank on it like a regular socket wrench to loosen or tighten that last bit, but obviously it's also not as long as a breaker bar and doesn't have the same torque.

The advantage is that you can access nuts and bolts from the side without a lot of clearance, like a regular socket wrench. I use mine a lot, not only as a socket wrench, but also with a hex adapter as a powerful screwdriver for limited-clearance situations.
Oct 3, 2007
357 posts
42 upvotes
For anyone that's curious there was 12+ 2 pk of the XC batteries left in the SW London location. I picked up the ratchet and inflator, store clerk helped track down that hidden box of 15 XC battery packs. Great deal!