Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Milwaukee M12 Tools Free Battery Offer - HOT!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2019 9:13 am
May 12, 2012
340 posts
189 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
prohomy wrote: Also, that new M12 (yes 12 volt) stubby impact has a ridiculous 250 FOOT lbs of torque.
I want it just so I can do tire changes with a 12v tool. So don't need but want.
Haven't been able to find this at HD online or instore.... I've seen the 18 1/2" but not the 12 1/2' fuel....
Nov 5, 2018
507 posts
575 upvotes
essehh wrote: Haven't been able to find this at HD online or instore.... I've seen the 18 1/2" but not the 12 1/2' fuel....
These tools are just hitting the market, and I don't think Home Depot has added them to the catalog yet. A local hardware store near me has the M12 3/8" stubby, but no 1/2" yet.

The gen2 M12 Fuel Impact/Drill featured in the $139 deal was announced at Milwaukee New Product Showcase in spring 2017, but didn't hit Home Depot until late last spring. The M12 impacts were announced at NPS 2018, so I would expect them on a similar timeline. Only the latest and greatest M18 tools get announced at NPS and then show up in stores 1-2 months later, such as the M18 HD9.0 battery in 2017 and M18 HD12.0 battery and tools in 2018. In this segment, Milwaukee was lagging behind DeWalt FlexVolt, whereas with the M12 they're the segment leader and seem less inclined to rush.
Dec 12, 2012
323 posts
385 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Catenary wrote: These tools are just hitting the market, and I don't think Home Depot has added them to the catalog yet. A local hardware store near me has the M12 3/8" stubby, but no 1/2" yet.

The gen2 M12 Fuel Impact/Drill featured in the $139 deal was announced at Milwaukee New Product Showcase in spring 2017, but didn't hit Home Depot until late last spring. The M12 impacts were announced at NPS 2018, so I would expect them on a similar timeline. Only the latest and greatest M18 tools get announced at NPS and then show up in stores 1-2 months later, such as the M18 HD9.0 battery in 2017 and M18 HD12.0 battery and tools in 2018. In this segment, Milwaukee was lagging behind DeWalt FlexVolt, whereas with the M12 they're the segment leader and seem less inclined to rush.
Most of the stores that are part of the Fastener group, BC Fastener, CF-T, etc., have the M12 1/4", 3/8", & 1/2" FUEL instock. Hog ring is available for both, while the pin detent is only available for the 1/2". The 1/2" is plenty powerful for doing wheels, brakes, and suspension work. Though, I haven't tried using it for the axle nut (should work), and the crankshaft/pulley bolt (50/50 chance, less likely with rust & age). Milwaukee did a great job at making it compact and stubby, however, they had to do some compromises and the tool is very girthy, so extensions or long sockets are needed in some cases. While the tool is rated at 250ft/lb, great when loosening, in order to achieve that while tightening, you'll have to stay on the trigger longer as they rely on the fast rotational speed/high impact per minute to get that high (even for lug nuts at 100ft/lb).

Our American friends had access to their tools about 1-3 weeks early, but, that seems to be the case for just about every new release.
[OP]
Mar 1, 2011
385 posts
825 upvotes
Fraser Valley
Was still looking for a couple more M12 tools. Can confirm the Milwaukee battery promotion for M12 tools are still on until February. HD never promoted as they were out of the 2.0 battery packs but they look like they are in stock now at most HD in Calgary.

I just bought the M12 Lantern for $59.95 and got the free battery this afternoon.

Note: the Lantern and Rotary tools are not listed as "promotion" on the website but it is honored in store.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1193 posts
212 upvotes
Hank71 wrote: Was still looking for a couple more M12 tools. Can confirm the Milwaukee battery promotion for M12 tools are still on until February. HD never promoted as they were out of the 2.0 battery packs but they look like they are in stock now at most HD in Calgary.

I just bought the M12 Lantern for $59.95 and got the free battery this afternoon.

Note: the Lantern and Rotary tools are not listed as "promotion" on the website but it is honored in store.
So if one buys both the M12 lantern and rotary tool, one should be eligible for the two battery promotion?
[OP]
Mar 1, 2011
385 posts
825 upvotes
Fraser Valley
engmsf wrote: So if one buys both the M12 lantern and rotary tool, one should be eligible for the two battery promotion?
Well, the M12 Lantern and Rotary do not qualify for the 2 x 3.0 battery pack deal. But another friend went to the service desk and they let him upgrade the 2 x 2.0 separate battery packs to the 2 x 3.0 packs. The 2 x 2.0 is selling for $120 and the 2 x 3.0 are selling for $99 so they are willing to do the deal. YMMV

I should mention that another friend has been buying the M12 Lantern for $60 and getting the free 2.0 battery pack. He was selling his 2 Lanterns for $50 on Kijiji within a few days. He got his 2.0 batteries for $10 each. Not a bad deal.
Oct 13, 2015
187 posts
90 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
blueworm123 wrote: I just saw this post. I already picked up a M12 ratchet in the USA HD for $120 USD!!! It is only $120 CAD (given I purchase 2 tools) here in Canada . I might go back and return it.

Although, anyone have any insight into the Ryobi 18V Oscillating Tool VS Milwaukee M12 Oscillating Tool? Not sure the M12 will be powerful enough, but this would make this promo really amazing.
Milwaukee M12 Oscillating Tool will give you lots of vibration on hand and arm; personally, I do not like it . Canadiantire $29 one works much better than the m12 peer.

M12 Vibration angle is 5 degree while the CT one oscillats at 2.2 degree angle.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4870 posts
939 upvotes
Just stopped by the Markham North Home Depot to pick up some supplies and went to check if they had any 2.0 batteries in stock.

To my suprise there was one! I grabbed the m12 lantern and stroke with one of the guys I talked to last week about when the batteries would be back in stock. He adjusted the price of the lantern to $59, it's now $79.

So I scored a m12 lantern and 2.0 battery for $59+tax. Yeah!

Now I feel like I have too many batteries.
1x4.0
2x3.0
4x2.0
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Dec 10, 2003
474 posts
394 upvotes
Vancouver #1
Lots of talk about the stubby M12 impact wrachet. Is this part of the promo? Some reviews on YouTube show more torque with bigger battery packs.

Would make my life changing winter and summer wheels a whole lot easier. What would the total package price be?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4870 posts
939 upvotes
93civicin604 wrote: Lots of talk about the stubby M12 impact wrachet. Is this part of the promo? Some reviews on YouTube show more torque with bigger battery packs.

Would make my life changing winter and summer wheels a whole lot easier. What would the total package price be?
Looks like some retailers in Canada are carrying the m12 stubby 1/2". The price is $189. Probably by next November it will be part of some free battery promo.

I bought the Ridgid 5x impact wrench for $180+hst. So I don't really need it.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

Dec 12, 2012
323 posts
385 upvotes
Saskatchewan
93civicin604 wrote: Lots of talk about the stubby M12 impact wrachet. Is this part of the promo? Some reviews on YouTube show more torque with bigger battery packs.

bluetroll wrote: Looks like some retailers in Canada are carrying the m12 stubby 1/2". The price is $189. Probably by next November it will be part of some free battery promo.

I bought the Ridgid 5x impact wrench for $180+hst. So I don't really need it.
The M12 Stubby Impact in the flavours of 3/8", 1/2", are all $189 for the bare tool, 1/4" is about $10 cheaper. The kit itself runs around $279.00, tool, M12 Compact 2.0, and M12 XC 4.0 comes with it.

Tires are a breeze with the impact, granted an M18 or even the RIDGID 5X would be even faster, due to the larger motor and beefier anvil and hammer mechanism. Though, the M12 Stubby is in a much more compact package and fits into tighter places, there are limits as the tool is quite girthy so it may require extensions (less torque).

You can find the M18 1/2" high torque impact from time to time for cheap, granted you won't be buying them from a big box store or tool supply house.
Mar 8, 2008
238 posts
155 upvotes
Edmonton
I got the M12 1/2 kit and now I can start building an m12 tool set
Apr 4, 2018
60 posts
60 upvotes
Ok, after trying bunch of cordless tools I came to the following conclusion and all this is based on my opinion.

For changing wheels I find it’s better to get M18 fuel impact such as 2853-20, M12 is great set of tools for light work but when you start adding bigger batteries than standard 2.0, it stars becoming bulky and heavy, almost to same level as m18 with less power. Better to have m18 with 2amp battery than m12 with 4amp
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19014 posts
3248 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
Dazaron wrote: Ok, after trying bunch of cordless tools I came to the following conclusion and all this is based on my opinion.

For changing wheels I find it’s better to get M18 fuel impact such as 2853-20, M12 is great set of tools for light work but when you start adding bigger batteries than standard 2.0, it stars becoming bulky and heavy, almost to same level as m18 with less power. Better to have m18 with 2amp battery than m12 with 4amp
The 2853 is a 1/4" hex impact driver with about 160ftlbs of tq, its not for changing tires. You'd want an impact wrench. The m12 stubby has 250ftlbs of torque, while the m18 compact wrench has 220. Personally, I'd skip them both and just go straight to the mid or high torque m18s. But at least on paper, the m12 stubby is a better bet if someone is going for a lighter model.

But the nice thing about it is that you don't need to choose either/or. My dad is a cheapo, but he does lots of work on cars (including mine) and his house. So I've been buying him Milwaukee tools for the last few years for xmas/bday/fathers day. First was an M18 starter kit with sawsall. With the current promo, I got him an m12 3/8 Fuel ratchet and my sister got him an m12 rotary tool, both with free batteries, a 2ah and a 4ah. The m18 charger in the starter kit will charge m12 batteries. Now that he's got both batteries he can get a tool in either m18 or m12 depending on what's best for him. There's no need to choose at the start between m18 and m12 lines, and be restricted to one line.

If someone's starting out, buy an m18 drill/driver kit, and get the m12 lantren with free batt, and you're off to the races.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1554 posts
1409 upvotes
VANCOUVER
A semi-related question. I have a Bosch 12V drill and Impact driver kit that I got for a killer deal a few years ago.

Did I buy the wrong brand? I don't see a lot of deals or tools for Bosch. Should I switch to another brand?

I'm looking for an air nailer / brad nailer and some other tools now as I have some projects that I want to tackle immediately.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4870 posts
939 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote: Deal is dead?
It's still on until February, I think. But the chances of you finding a store with 2.0 or xc 3.0 batteries are very low.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7384 posts
1357 upvotes
Toronto
b31770 wrote: A semi-related question. I have a Bosch 12V drill and Impact driver kit that I got for a killer deal a few years ago.

Did I buy the wrong brand? I don't see a lot of deals or tools for Bosch. Should I switch to another brand?

I'm looking for an air nailer / brad nailer and some other tools now as I have some projects that I want to tackle immediately.
There's no reason to dump your good Bosch tools. I would stick with them since they are a very good brand.I

Buy whatever brand of nailer is best for you now. We all have a mix of tool brands.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2808 posts
937 upvotes
Newmarket
Inno wrote: There's no reason to dump your good Bosch tools. I would stick with them since they are a very good brand.I

Buy whatever brand of nailer is best for you now. We all have a mix of tool brands.
Exactly, Makita, bosch, dewalt, Milwaukee, all good brands, buy what's on sale.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1393 posts
976 upvotes
bluetroll wrote: It's still on until February, I think. But the chances of you finding a store with 2.0 or xc 3.0 batteries are very low.
This.

My local store only had 3 more 2.0's coming in on their next order with 4 batteries already pre-sold. Even though there's no stock they put a battery on order for me. Whenever they have stock they'll give me a call to pick it up.