Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee M12 Tools Free Battery Offer - HOT!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2019 9:13 am
Dec 12, 2012
247 posts
231 upvotes
Saskatchewan
93civicin604 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 4:50 pm
Lots of talk about the stubby M12 impact wrachet. Is this part of the promo? Some reviews on YouTube show more torque with bigger battery packs.

Would make my life changing winter and summer wheels a whole lot easier. What would the total package price be?
bluetroll wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 5:20 pm
Looks like some retailers in Canada are carrying the m12 stubby 1/2". The price is $189. Probably by next November it will be part of some free battery promo.

I bought the Ridgid 5x impact wrench for $180+hst. So I don't really need it.
The M12 Stubby Impact in the flavours of 3/8", 1/2", are all $189 for the bare tool, 1/4" is about $10 cheaper. The kit itself runs around $279.00, tool, M12 Compact 2.0, and M12 XC 4.0 comes with it.

Tires are a breeze with the impact, granted an M18 or even the RIDGID 5X would be even faster, due to the larger motor and beefier anvil and hammer mechanism. Though, the M12 Stubby is in a much more compact package and fits into tighter places, there are limits as the tool is quite girthy so it may require extensions (less torque).

You can find the M18 1/2" high torque impact from time to time for cheap, granted you won't be buying them from a big box store or tool supply house.
Mar 8, 2008
123 posts
66 upvotes
Edmonton
I got the M12 1/2 kit and now I can start building an m12 tool set
Apr 4, 2018
21 posts
29 upvotes
Ok, after trying bunch of cordless tools I came to the following conclusion and all this is based on my opinion.

For changing wheels I find it’s better to get M18 fuel impact such as 2853-20, M12 is great set of tools for light work but when you start adding bigger batteries than standard 2.0, it stars becoming bulky and heavy, almost to same level as m18 with less power. Better to have m18 with 2amp battery than m12 with 4amp
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
17364 posts
2160 upvotes
Langley
Dazaron wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 10:06 pm
Ok, after trying bunch of cordless tools I came to the following conclusion and all this is based on my opinion.

For changing wheels I find it’s better to get M18 fuel impact such as 2853-20, M12 is great set of tools for light work but when you start adding bigger batteries than standard 2.0, it stars becoming bulky and heavy, almost to same level as m18 with less power. Better to have m18 with 2amp battery than m12 with 4amp
The 2853 is a 1/4" hex impact driver with about 160ftlbs of tq, its not for changing tires. You'd want an impact wrench. The m12 stubby has 250ftlbs of torque, while the m18 compact wrench has 220. Personally, I'd skip them both and just go straight to the mid or high torque m18s. But at least on paper, the m12 stubby is a better bet if someone is going for a lighter model.

But the nice thing about it is that you don't need to choose either/or. My dad is a cheapo, but he does lots of work on cars (including mine) and his house. So I've been buying him Milwaukee tools for the last few years for xmas/bday/fathers day. First was an M18 starter kit with sawsall. With the current promo, I got him an m12 3/8 Fuel ratchet and my sister got him an m12 rotary tool, both with free batteries, a 2ah and a 4ah. The m18 charger in the starter kit will charge m12 batteries. Now that he's got both batteries he can get a tool in either m18 or m12 depending on what's best for him. There's no need to choose at the start between m18 and m12 lines, and be restricted to one line.

If someone's starting out, buy an m18 drill/driver kit, and get the m12 lantren with free batt, and you're off to the races.
Nov 22, 2012
530 posts
253 upvotes
VANCOUVER
A semi-related question. I have a Bosch 12V drill and Impact driver kit that I got for a killer deal a few years ago.

Did I buy the wrong brand? I don't see a lot of deals or tools for Bosch. Should I switch to another brand?

I'm looking for an air nailer / brad nailer and some other tools now as I have some projects that I want to tackle immediately.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4413 posts
433 upvotes
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 4:12 am
Deal is dead?
It's still on until February, I think. But the chances of you finding a store with 2.0 or xc 3.0 batteries are very low.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6204 posts
724 upvotes
Toronto
b31770 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 4:49 am
A semi-related question. I have a Bosch 12V drill and Impact driver kit that I got for a killer deal a few years ago.

Did I buy the wrong brand? I don't see a lot of deals or tools for Bosch. Should I switch to another brand?

I'm looking for an air nailer / brad nailer and some other tools now as I have some projects that I want to tackle immediately.
There's no reason to dump your good Bosch tools. I would stick with them since they are a very good brand.I

Buy whatever brand of nailer is best for you now. We all have a mix of tool brands.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2654 posts
770 upvotes
Newmarket
Inno wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 8:13 am
There's no reason to dump your good Bosch tools. I would stick with them since they are a very good brand.I

Buy whatever brand of nailer is best for you now. We all have a mix of tool brands.
Exactly, Makita, bosch, dewalt, Milwaukee, all good brands, buy what's on sale.
Feb 28, 2016
466 posts
137 upvotes
bluetroll wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 7:41 am
It's still on until February, I think. But the chances of you finding a store with 2.0 or xc 3.0 batteries are very low.
This.

My local store only had 3 more 2.0's coming in on their next order with 4 batteries already pre-sold. Even though there's no stock they put a battery on order for me. Whenever they have stock they'll give me a call to pick it up.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6014 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
Folks, looking to replace my Ryobi drill for general use around the house. Not doing any major project, but need one around the house for sure.

Looking at this set:
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.m12- ... 85126.html

Reading the posts here, hearing the M12 isn't as favoured as M18, but for my use, what you get and the price point, would you folks advise something better than this?
Jun 23, 2018
6 posts
7 upvotes
skanji wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 10:32 am
Folks, looking to replace my Ryobi drill for general use around the house. Not doing any major project, but need one around the house for sure.

Looking at this set:

Reading the posts here, hearing the M12 isn't as favoured as M18, but for my use, what you get and the price point, would you folks advise something better than this?
I have both M12 and M18. For 95% of home use, I reach for the M12 for its light weight. I havent used the M12 stubby impact, but the M18 impact is a beast.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4680 posts
2442 upvotes
Kitchener
skanji wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 10:32 am

Looking at this set:

For the average homeowner, the M12 is more than sufficient (you'd be surprised how capable they are). I have both M18/M12 and usually reach for my M12 tools every time I'm doing a smaller job because they're so much more convenient to handle. I'd say even a large project like building a deck can be done exclusively with M12 tools without too much hassle.

I'm actually building up my M12 tool inventory now as M18 tools are generally overkill unless you're a contractor.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6014 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks folks - now that I have confidence in the M12 for my needs, is this set a good price/combo?
http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-749547-1 ... &sid=rfdcb

I don't need the extra tools, but figure, 2 drivers, 3 batteries with a saw that I can use, and maybe sell the multi tool, is a good deal compared to what I'm seeing out there...am I off??
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6204 posts
724 upvotes
Toronto
skanji wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 10:51 am
Thanks folks - now that I have confidence in the M12 for my needs, is this set a good price/combo?
http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-749547-1 ... &sid=rfdcb

I don't need the extra tools, but figure, 2 drivers, 3 batteries with a saw that I can use, and maybe sell the multi tool, is a good deal compared to what I'm seeing out there...am I off??
That does look like a good deal, especially if you can get $50 or something for the multi tool. Maybe sell one battery and the light too, for another $50. Net result a cheap kit!

It's the RFD way!