Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee M18 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Hammer Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Piece) $188

[OP]
Mar 18, 2015
199 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Home Depot] Milwaukee M18 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Hammer Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit (2-Piece) $188

Is this a good deal?
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.m18- ... ROSBFcaro4
I'm not sure of the quality or if it's an inflated price and then discounted
Last edited by restie on Apr 10th, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Feb 8, 2011
572 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah good deal!! If I didn't go yellow than this is what i would get!
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3791 posts
1595 upvotes
Please add price to the title/thread. It’s not that hard.
Mar 2, 2008
717 posts
760 upvotes
BC
... tool brand in title would be nice too.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6303 posts
752 upvotes
Toronto
As I recall the Brushless version of this kit with 2702 hammer drill and 2750 impact was around this price a few months ago.
Last edited by Inno on Apr 10th, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 9, 2009
312 posts
67 upvotes
Mississauga
I bought Milwaukee M12 set for $99 less than a year ago. One of them died, send for fixing 3 months gone by and no answer.
Should I stay away from Milwaukee?
Nov 28, 2011
337 posts
372 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Yep. I seen this pricing during Black Friday.
For DIYer this kit will exceed your expectations.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3584 posts
1058 upvotes
So many people complaining on here recently. It takes one click.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3860 posts
2756 upvotes
It's a warm deal for a decent pair of tools. Not brushless models, but still good performers.

The deals will likely get better over the summer. In particular I would look for a deal with extra batteries if possible. It's the batteries that cost the most in the long run. Kits like this come with just a pair of the lowest-capacity batteries, although they're adequate for drills and impact drivers.
Sep 23, 2005
251 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty good price. I bought this exact set (same SKU) 2 years ago on sale for $164. They're great, and I've expanded my M18 kit since then.

The only thing I don't like about the drill is that the LED is mounted low and centre, which means that it doesn't actually light up the target area - the chuck blocks the light and casts a shadow over the target area. Some other drills have two LED's mounted slightly left and right of centre, that might be better (but I haven't tried them). Of course, if you're always drilling in good light, it doesn't matter.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
17657 posts
2351 upvotes
Langley
lostinpangea wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 11:26 am
Pretty good price. I bought this exact set (same SKU) 2 years ago on sale for $164. They're great, and I've expanded my M18 kit since then.

The only thing I don't like about the drill is that the LED is mounted low and centre, which means that it doesn't actually light up the target area - the chuck blocks the light and casts a shadow over the target area. Some other drills have two LED's mounted slightly left and right of centre, that might be better (but I haven't tried them). Of course, if you're always drilling in good light, it doesn't matter.

It's a challenge with all drills to have the light in a good spot. Even if they mount the lights to the left and right, the chuck will still cast a shadow on both sources. But at least you get the area around the drilling point illuminated. There's also some utility just in having the light handy so that you can check the drill point before and after, even if you can't see much while drilling.
Oct 22, 2013
30 posts
58 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
tutulau wrote:
Apr 10th, 2018 10:49 am
I bought Milwaukee M12 set for $99 less than a year ago. One of them died, send for fixing 3 months gone by and no answer.
Should I stay away from Milwaukee?
Where did you take it?, Impact in Etobicoke and Mississauga Repair Centre are both authorized service centers and the turn around is 1-2 weeks..
https://www.milwaukeetool.ca/Support/Fi ... ice-Center
Jun 9, 2009
312 posts
67 upvotes
Mississauga
InTheMarket wrote:
Apr 12th, 2018 10:38 am
Where did you take it?, Impact in Etobicoke and Mississauga Repair Centre are both authorized service centers and the turn around is 1-2 weeks..
https://www.milwaukeetool.ca/Support/Fi ... ice-Center
The authorized service at Glen Erin Mississauga. I come back and check my drill and the guy said that just wait for him to call. He also said that sometime take to 3 to 4 months. It is ridiculous. I think I should call Milwaukee office.