Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2" Impact (Gen 2) Friction Ring - $197.10

  • Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2021 11:19 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9112 posts
7152 upvotes
Kitchener

[Home Depot] Milwaukee M18 Fuel 1/2" Impact (Gen 2) Friction Ring - $197.10

I debated posting this or not, but I would consider this a warm deal (I don't think the gen 2 impacts really go on sale much):

Request a 10% Home Depot price match/beat on Atlas Machinery sale @ $219.00. Brings price down below USD pricing on a pretty awesome tool apparently capable of beating the rated 250ft-lbs with up to 400ft-lbs of force. Reviews are pretty stellar. Pretty sure it's my new favourite tool.

https://www.atlas-machinery.com/milwaukee/2855-20/

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001588653

Image



Keep in mind, this ISN'T the Gen 2 mid torque, but it's more compact, lighter and quite a bit cheaper than that tool. This impact is more than capable of doing almost anything you can throw at it, while my thoughts are the mid torque is overkill for most jobs. I changed some tires with this impact yesterday and it took the lugs off with the vehicle jacked, no breaker bar required.
10 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 16, 2011
990 posts
1000 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Is this the same size or close to the same size as the 12v stubby which also does 250ft lbs?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9112 posts
7152 upvotes
Kitchener
CanKon wrote: Is this the same size or close to the same size as the 12v stubby which also does 250ft lbs?
It's pretty small. The difference is that this can easily hit 250ft-lbs on all M18 batteries where the M12 stubby struggles on anything less than a 6Ah battery.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2990 posts
4945 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Personally can't justify a $200 purchase to do my tire swap twice a year.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9112 posts
7152 upvotes
Kitchener
stovetop wrote: Personally can't justify a $200 purchase to do my tire swap twice a year.
Yeah, it's definitely for more than tire changes. If that's all you're going to do with it, get a cheap Ryobi or $75 corded impact or just use manual tools. I use impact tools about once every couple weeks for various jobs including automotive and construction (I hung a hose hanger on the bricks of my house yesterday, predrilling and using this tool with Tapcons).
Newbie
May 12, 2021
85 posts
46 upvotes


4.0 is fine for the stubby. M12 lineup is quite nice to use. You’re probably already invested in the M18 lineup so probably no changing your mind.

I recently added the M12 stubby, drill, driver, oscillating tool to my collection. Sold off my M18 drill x2, driver. Still have a M18 sawzall and circular saw.

Around the home M12 kicks ass!! So nice to use.
Rob_EV wrote: It's pretty small. The difference is that this can easily hit 250ft-lbs on all M18 batteries where the M12 stubby struggles on anything less than a 6Ah battery.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 2, 2008
12419 posts
2134 upvotes
GTA
Rob_EV wrote: I debated posting this or not, but I would consider this a warm deal (I don't think the gen 2 impacts really go on sale much):

Request a 10% Home Depot price match/beat on Atlas Machinery sale @ $219.00. Brings price down below USD pricing on a pretty awesome tool apparently capable of beating the rated 250ft-lbs with up to 400ft-lbs of force. Reviews are pretty stellar. Pretty sure it's my new favourite tool.

https://www.atlas-machinery.com/milwaukee/2855-20/

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001588653

Image



Keep in mind, this ISN'T the Gen 2 mid torque, but it's more compact, lighter and quite a bit cheaper than that tool. This impact is more than capable of doing almost anything you can throw at it, while my thoughts are the mid torque is overkill for most jobs. I changed some tires with this impact yesterday and it took the lugs off with the vehicle jacked, no breaker bar required.
Honda crank bolts with a Canadian tire socket??? Lmk
Member
Mar 5, 2008
428 posts
97 upvotes
Damn its not available in my area.

TBH the atlas deal isn't TOO Bad no?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9112 posts
7152 upvotes
Kitchener
qaz393 wrote: Honda crank bolts with a Canadian tire socket??? Lmk
Apparently those are NOTORIOUSLY difficult to get off. Likely gonna need the mid-torque for that job.

Luckily, the average RFDer isn't taking off Honda crank bolts.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 7, 2005
587 posts
167 upvotes
I've seen vids of people taking off Honda crank bolt with a M12 stubby and weighted socket (me thinks they likely not from Canada tho)....but yeah too risky, I would invest in the mid-tq lol

But sub $200 is a great price, widens the gap from the mid-tq which would make this a clever choice.....IMO this is the price it should've been.

Other than changing tires, it would be a breeze smashing in lag bolts too!

Top