[Home Depot] Milwaukee Mitre Saw 6955-20 with free stand

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 12:34 pm
[OP]
Mar 11, 2019
48 posts
43 upvotes

[Home Depot] Milwaukee Mitre Saw 6955-20 with free stand

I'm in the market for a new mitre saw and seen this one has been marked down and now includes a free stand. I don't really need the stand so I'm probably just going to return it right away, The stand is currently selling for $179 (https://www.homedepot.ca/product/1001071644) so if returned does that bring the mitre saw to: 498-179 = $319? If so that seems like a pretty hot deal!

Edit: return value is 131.67 for the stand making it $366.33 after returning it.

Edit2: The value of the stand is fluctuating from week to week so the return value is very YMMV
Last edited by WilliamS17867 on Jul 2nd, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
108 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3472 posts
1766 upvotes
Pretty good deal, but you won't get the full $179 refunded if you return the stand. It will show the value on the receipt, but I would guess around $100-$125. The saw alone does go for $399 occasionally.

For reference, the same saw is $749usd at HomeDepot.com
and $879usd with the stand.
Dec 29, 2017
411 posts
375 upvotes
Yeah this was $398 last April, no stand. So basically save $70. Not bad if you need 12” and the stand; I got the 10” Ridgid mitre deal with the better portable stand deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1357 posts
3929 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
This is a beauty saw. Bought it a while back and love the digital read out on the angles. Overall great quality and durability.
What's in your wallet?
Dec 23, 2015
291 posts
193 upvotes
Kingston, ON
SizzleChest wrote: Pretty good deal, but you won't get the full $179 refunded if you return the stand. It will show the value on the receipt, but I would guess around $100-$125. The saw alone does go for $399 occasionally.

For reference, the same saw is $749usd at HomeDepot.com
and $879usd with the stand.
Do you just do a no receipt return? What if they offer to look it up for you?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3472 posts
1766 upvotes
syntaxerror wrote: Do you just do a no receipt return? What if they offer to look it up for you?
When you purchase the saw with the free stand, the receipt will show the $498 price, but will also list a MAX REFUND VALUE for each item which will total the $498 price. If you only want to return one of them, you will get the listed value refunded. I do remember reading some RFD posts though about people having trouble with some stores not willing to return one piece without the other.
Nov 18, 2008
623 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
I just spent like 1 hour on the crappy mastercraft miter saw trying to align the fence and can’t get it perfect. It’s a one piece fence and it’s not straight. Depending on which side you square it, the other side is always about 1 degree off. Because it’s one piece, it’s not adjustable.

Seems like a great quality saw. Will check it out.
Aug 29, 2019
30 posts
121 upvotes
Buy it, I've been through a few Makitas and various other miter saws over the past 30 years of doing trim and this has been the most accurate and easy to use saw I've ever owned.
Aug 21, 2017
26 posts
17 upvotes
N2K
samguan wrote: I just spent like 1 hour on the crappy mastercraft miter saw trying to align the fence and can’t get it perfect. It’s a one piece fence and it’s not straight. Depending on which side you square it, the other side is always about 1 degree off. Because it’s one piece, it’s not adjustable.
Same with my crappy King ‘Canada’ saw — so I cut the fence in half, and aligned the pieces separately. It still isn't rigid enough to cut straight, though.
Sep 8, 2019
130 posts
202 upvotes
Calgary
SizzleChest wrote: When you purchase the saw with the free stand, the receipt will show the $498 price, but will also list a MAX REFUND VALUE for each item which will total the $498 price. If you only want to return one of them, you will get the listed value refunded. I do remember reading some RFD posts though about people having trouble with some stores not willing to return one piece without the other.
Sometimes yeah, but that's against their own policies, the itemized refund value on the receipt is there for a reason.
Oct 26, 2012
25 posts
9 upvotes
Whitehorse
samguan wrote: I just spent like 1 hour on the crappy mastercraft miter saw trying to align the fence and can’t get it perfect. It’s a one piece fence and it’s not straight. Depending on which side you square it, the other side is always about 1 degree off. Because it’s one piece, it’s not adjustable.

Seems like a great quality saw. Will check it out.
Yes, MC is not great quality. I cut some baseboard withy MC mitre saw and learned that little bit of play translates to not so perfect mitres for corners!
Aug 27, 2011
151 posts
212 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
How is this compared to the DWS780? Anyone used both saws and can share their experience?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1012 posts
505 upvotes
God. Tough dilemma now.

I have all Milwaukee stuff. And I just bought the ridgid saw and stand for $370 cause of the life time warranty. I’d like to stick with milwaukee but another $145 ...
Thought anyone?
I know this is 12 vs 10. Non rolling stand vs rolling
Oct 3, 2018
42 posts
56 upvotes
Get the Milwaukee.

They make amazing durable and high quality products.

Over the years I've built up a nice collection of the M12 products, from their flashlight, 3/8 impact, drill, jigsaw, sawzall, etc. I use them around the house on different projects a few times per week.

I also have the Stihl Kombi engine and attachments (garden tools), and that line of products are also excellent.

So nice to have tools that just work.

Expensive yes, but oh so worth it.

I'd buy the Milwaukee over the Rigid any day - even with Home Depots lifetime warranty.
Aug 29, 2019
30 posts
121 upvotes
Superman_2099 wrote: God. Tough dilemma now.

I have all Milwaukee stuff. And I just bought the ridgid saw and stand for $370 cause of the life time warranty. I’d like to stick with milwaukee but another $145 ...
Thought anyone?
I know this is 12 vs 10. Non rolling stand vs rolling

It's an amazing accurate powerful miter saw, and the tool is much more important than the stand which I don't even use. I would buy it and try it out, you have 90 days to return the inferior one.
Edit to add that the bevel release and lock lever with angle detents on the top of the Milwaukee is a life saver if you want to do crown moulding properly and easily.