Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee Quik-Lok M18 String Trimmer w/free blower or xc8.0 Battery

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2020 1:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1669 posts
908 upvotes

[Home Depot] Milwaukee Quik-Lok M18 String Trimmer w/free blower or xc8.0 Battery

I've been eyeing this for a while now and the reason why I want to get into the Milwaukee ecosystem since I need a cordless drill as well. its the first time Ive seen the quik-lok on sale.

Comes with trimmer, charger and 8.0 battery.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001197305

You can choose between a second 8.0 battery or blower. Battery is worth $269 while $198 for the blower. dont really need either...anyone know if I can return the battery and what the return value would be?

Battery
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/1001513101

Blower
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/1001087692
23 replies
Sr. Member
Jan 4, 2013
510 posts
171 upvotes
I've been looking and debating selling my stihl set and grabbing this. Don't knife if it's worth the swap lol
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 28, 2016
1296 posts
3714 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
So I have both the blower and trimmer. Excellent investment. I actually use the blower in the winter to get the snow off the car as its powerful as phuck. Regarding returning the battery, you will be able to and the return value is usually 60 to 65 percent of the retail value as I have done this in the past (not to scam the system but didn't actually need the item). You will need a high powered battery though for the blower and trimmer as these need high power for sure. You could use lower battery but I wouldn't go less than 5.0 at all.
What's in your wallet?
Jr. Member
Sep 8, 2019
123 posts
199 upvotes
Calgary
eclone wrote:

You can choose between a second 8.0 battery or blower. Battery is worth $269 while $198 for the blower. dont really need either...anyone know if I can return the battery and what the return value would be?
Yes, the free items have a Refund Value Assigned. If you want maximum discount, always get the most expensive free item. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-dep ... #p32188765
Jr. Member
Mar 11, 2019
179 posts
196 upvotes
Why dont they make a blower attachment for the trimmer?
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2015
805 posts
541 upvotes
Durham Region
ATOMANTMAN wrote: Why dont they make a blower attachment for the trimmer?
Lol, that would be too heavy
Sr. Member
Nov 8, 2011
660 posts
237 upvotes
NEPEAN
Got this (without quick attachment feature) with a free 9.0 battery from bcfasteners a couple years ago for same price and it works awesome. We have a 1 acre yard and I can do all the trimming on less than half a battery. Lots of power if you need it too.
Member
User avatar
Aug 14, 2018
282 posts
270 upvotes
GTA
networksend wrote: How? It’s the same price and deal
same price but comes with a free blower
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Message Sent from outta Space :twisted:
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2015
805 posts
541 upvotes
Durham Region
eclone wrote: I've been eyeing this for a while now and the reason why I want to get into the Milwaukee ecosystem since I need a cordless drill as well. its the first time Ive seen the quik-lok on sale.

Comes with trimmer, charger and 8.0 battery.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001197305

You can choose between a second 8.0 battery or blower. Battery is worth $269 while $198 for the blower. dont really need either...anyone know if I can return the battery and what the return value would be?

Battery
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/1001513101

Blower
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/1001087692
$316 after tax if you return the battery:

448+269=717
269/717=0.375
1-0.375=0.625
0.625*269=$168 (refund value for the battery, no tax)

(448-168)*1.13 (Ontario tax) = $316.40

This math works for any of the HD promos
Last edited by networksend on Mar 7th, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Mar 11, 2019
179 posts
196 upvotes
networksend wrote: Lol, that would be too heavy
What are you an engineer? All the blower is a fan attached to the crankshaft. You wouldn't need another motor just a fan and housing
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2015
805 posts
541 upvotes
Durham Region
ATOMANTMAN wrote: What are you an engineer? All the blower is a fan attached to the crankshaft. You wouldn't need another motor just a fan and housing
Yes
Member
May 6, 2016
262 posts
82 upvotes
Leask
I gave up my stihl trimmer and blower last year after one of the milwaukee events I got 2 extra 12.0 batteries when buying the trimmer and blower so I ended up with 4 batteries. The only disappointment was the 12.0 battery does not fit in the true view led light stand. Won't sell of the stihl chainsaw yet. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)