• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 11:02 pm
[OP]
Oct 16, 2005
791 posts
310 upvotes

[Home Depot] Milwaukee Red Alert Event

Hey Everyone,

I’m well aware this isn’t the hottest deal that we have had on Milwaukee tools, but I figured I would post for those looking to buy some Red tools and get some free stuff.

Looks to be at specific stores running this week and next (see picture 2).

I’m heading to one now and will update post if anything extra should be noted.
Images
  • 6A77693E-D9E0-4F4D-8FEF-3D71F3A26F65.jpeg
  • 115EE6B0-EEEF-4524-9425-89268EA070A9.jpeg
43 replies
Dec 27, 2017
120 posts
21 upvotes
Oh, I wish this was in Halifax too. :( I missed all the events and would love an M12 stubby set.
Jul 19, 2018
124 posts
124 upvotes
For a regular homeowner, no commercial work, is there a good reason to go with Milwaukee over say a comparable Ryobi product? (Other than Ryobi products being ugly)
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1714 posts
723 upvotes
GTA
ohwowhi wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:02 am
For a regular homeowner, no commercial work, is there a good reason to go with Milwaukee over say a comparable Ryobi product? (Other than Ryobi products being ugly)
Milwaukee/Dewalt/Hilti/Bosh more for contractors/homeowners that like good tools/use them a lot.

Nothing wrong with Ryobi/Ridgid 18V kits for home owners, as a contractor I wouldn't use them on job site though.
Dec 29, 2017
135 posts
54 upvotes
ohwowhi wrote:
I started with a M18 Fuel Milwaukee drill set and now have so many of their m12 and m18 tools and I’m just a homeowner. I often wait for sales at Home Depot. The tools are high quality, specifically the Fuel line. I do like some Ryobi products that aren’t available with Milwaukee but I based my initial decision on the quality of the drill set. If I could refund all my tools and start over I’d still pick Milwaukee.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1228 posts
829 upvotes
Montreal
lilmikey wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:33 am
Milwaukee/Dewalt/Hilti/Bosh more for contractors/homeowners that like good tools/use them a lot.

Nothing wrong with Ryobi/Ridgid 18V kits for home owners, as a contractor I wouldn't use them on job site though.
You should look at the latest drill from Ridgid. Its ranked higher then the best from Milwaukee:

Not saying Ridgid is better or not on jobsite as I have no experience (I only do DIY) but I think Ridgid is trying to catch up and position themselves as high end DIY/contractor while Ryobi would be DIY only. And you can see that with their pricing also
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4892 posts
2794 upvotes
Kitchener
Don't buy Milwaukee.......once you get your first one, you're hooked for life :( Milwaukee has cost me so much money. My latest addition was the M18 Fuel String Trimmer.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1714 posts
723 upvotes
GTA
SquadG wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:46 am
You should look at the latest drill from Ridgid. Its ranked higher then the best from Milwaukee

Not saying Ridgid is better or not on jobsite as I have no experience (I only do DIY) but I think Ridgid is trying to catch up and position themselves as high end DIY/contractor while Ryobi would be DIY only. And you can see that with their pricing also
I use rigid a lot, but not their 18V tools as I had a set years ago and just wasnt up to par for my job sites.
I then went to Dewalt and they were great but now i'm with Milwaukee as they have a tool for every job/everything almost

I only use rigid for my pipe wrenches/pipe threader/shop vac etc at this point.
IntrepidRT wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:51 am
Don't buy Milwaukee.......once you get your first one, you're hooked for life :( Milwaukee has cost me so much money. My latest addition was the M18 Fuel String Trimmer.
I agree, even now they have an 18 V pipe threader we are looking at getting, they have a tool for everything.
Nov 16, 2015
319 posts
554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
good timing. i was going to replace my current drill with either a M12 hammer or the new Dewalt 20v atomic. both currently the same price at HD
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1228 posts
829 upvotes
Montreal
lilmikey wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 8:56 am
I use rigid a lot, but not their 18V tools as I had a set years ago and just wasnt up to par for my job sites.
I then went to Dewalt and they were great but now i'm with Milwaukee as they have a tool for every job/everything almost

I only use rigid for my pipe wrenches/pipe threader/shop vac etc at this point.

I agree, even now they have an 18 V pipe threader we are looking at getting, they have a tool for everything.
Ridgid several years ago and now is different. I wish they had all the tools AEG has (lawn mower, string, etc) in North America
Nov 8, 2011
436 posts
121 upvotes
NEPEAN
Bought into the Milwaukee line by buying a used set (3xdrills, circular saw, sawzall, light, 3xbatteries) from a contractor who used them a fair amount. They are all still working great, batteries are good, and have since bought the trimmer kit, multi-tool, 9AH batteries, and the Milwaukee fan! The kit I bought was in 2014 and I was told it was "a few years old" at that point.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1228 posts
829 upvotes
Montreal
nickwa wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 9:08 am
Bought into the Milwaukee line by buying a used set (3xdrills, circular saw, sawzall, light, 3xbatteries) from a contractor who used them a fair amount. They are all still working great, batteries are good, and have since bought the trimmer kit, multi-tool, 9AH batteries, and the Milwaukee fan! The kit I bought was in 2014 and I was told it was "a few years old" at that point.
A little tip. Write on the tool the year and month out in service. Do the same for the batteries. I write it on the battery socket. I write my name there too but its because friends and family run the same line of tool.
Mar 22, 2017
539 posts
416 upvotes
ohwowhi wrote:
Not in my opinion. Milwaukee is actually made by the same company as Ryobi, and is their 'professional grade' series. If you're going to be using the tools lightly, get Ryobi - they'll be plenty for homeowner needs. If you're a serious DIY person who's planning on using these tools for dozens of hours each, then buy Milwaukee. I have a Ryobi set and it's been great for my homeowner needs (drilling holes and putting screws in wood and drywall, cutting doors, cutting down small trees and shrubs, trimming hedges, etc).
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11435 posts
10880 upvotes
Oakville
ohwowhi wrote:
I have both and I mostly use my Mil M12 drill and driver because they're so much nicer to handle.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1714 posts
723 upvotes
GTA
SquadG wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 9:04 am
Ridgid several years ago and now is different. I wish they had all the tools AEG has (lawn mower, string, etc) in North America
Just stated my experience and I barely see rigid sets on job sites to be honest.