Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee SHOCKWAVE IMPACT Titanium Drill Bit Set (23-Piece) - $29.98

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2020 5:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3182 posts
2051 upvotes
Langley

[Home Depot] Milwaukee SHOCKWAVE IMPACT Titanium Drill Bit Set (23-Piece) - $29.98

This is a great drill bit set, impact ready.

Great bits, great feel, great price.

This is the perfect Christmas gift for your Dad or any DIY'er

23 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1918 posts
1153 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
It’s a good bit set. Bought it in June 2020 and 29.98 was the regular price at that time.
Feb 7, 2007
267 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
I have this set. It's....alright I guess. I've broken a lot of the bits already, some also have a decent amount of wobble to them.
Nov 12, 2018
81 posts
64 upvotes
I find the quality to be quite subpar aswell

Hex base is nice for quick jobs though
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7755 posts
5741 upvotes
Kitchener
......MUST......RESIST
Feb 26, 2018
128 posts
80 upvotes
Twist bit.... impact ready...does not compute.

Good deal, regardless
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2969 posts
1573 upvotes
shockwave bits are nothing but average.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7755 posts
5741 upvotes
Kitchener
AmirA55729 wrote: Are these for metal, wood or concrete? Anyone knows?
NOT concrete. Need masonry bits with carbide for that.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15993 posts
17242 upvotes
Oakville
bogolisk wrote: shockwave bits are nothing but average.
yea, also not impressed with their screwdriver bit set. pretty average, decent if on a good sale. I got them free with other purchases.
May 7, 2017
20 posts
21 upvotes
cmosve wrote: Is this better deal below? You get 3 more drill bits for same price

SHOCKWAVE Titanium Drill Bit Set (26-Piece)

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001128920

——-

I find it interesting that what OP posted has good reviews on homedepot.ca but bad reviews on Milwaukee’s website
The set you posted wasnt an Impact set. Having said that, I would never personally consider a set like this for impact work, I'd be looking for good quality carbide tips (I've had good experience with Bosch sets in this regard), so your link may be the better buy when you take impact out of the equation.
Apr 14, 2017
236 posts
331 upvotes
TKakanowski wrote: The set you posted wasnt an Impact set. Having said that, I would never personally consider a set like this for impact work, I'd be looking for good quality carbide tips (I've had good experience with Bosch sets in this regard), so your link may be the better buy when you take impact out of the equation.
Actually it is also impact ready, website doesn’t mention much but the 2nd pictures shows impact
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
4236 posts
562 upvotes
Georgetown
Impact ready might just be referring to the fact that these are designed to be used in an Impact Driver tool. They should be able to take that level of "impact" (reviews seem to question this), but certainly aren't as tough as masonry bits, etc...
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3097 posts
3023 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
When I was researching which bits to get to go with my new M12 drills, the shockwave bits have pretty bad reviews.

Ended up with the Bosch impact bits, they've got a nice case and good reviews. Makita golds are also well reviewed but too expensive for my occasional home diy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3182 posts
2051 upvotes
Langley
I find the bits work well for me as i'm a new DIY'er.

As some members have posted, they say they're not the best bits, but for someone who is just getting into wood working I find them quite good. I bought a set of Ryobi bits in titanium impact and those were definitely lower quality. Overall, they're great for me, but if you're more professional or need higher grade bits, these may not be good for you.

btw. for those looking for a higher quality set, could you link a set? My dad was in wood manufacturing all his life so I don't want to get him a "cheap" set. To me, these bits are great, but if a lot of you are saying they're not and I bought a set for him and I don't want him to think they're crap.

Thanks