Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Milwaukee Tool M12 FUEL 12V Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Stubby 1/2-inch Impact Wrench (Tool Only) $149

[OP]
Nov 23, 2020
104 posts
454 upvotes
Burnaby BC

[Home Depot] Milwaukee Tool M12 FUEL 12V Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Stubby 1/2-inch Impact Wrench (Tool Only) $149

Saw the new price at Richmond BC on both M12 1/2 and 3/8 Stubby impact wrench. Previous deal was $199 and get a free starter kit. This is for those who already have the M12 battery and charger.

$149 on Homedepot.ca and in store (Richmond, BC)
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001232348

$199 on Homedepot.ca but $149 in store (Richmond, BC)
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001232346
Images
  • 502FB56D-344A-4830-B252-7EA1B32DCE9A.jpeg
17 replies
May 24, 2013
87 posts
53 upvotes
Burnaby
Ya cold deal. Was cheaper with the battery starter kit return deal and previous battery bonus deals.
Feb 8, 2006
557 posts
269 upvotes
I bought the 3/8" stubby on the last deal and it's great. more than enough power to take off lug nuts without issue. some folks said they couldn't get theirs off and I have no idea how rusted their bolts are but mine came off just fine.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8554 posts
9282 upvotes
The Prairies
Gellar wrote: I bought the 3/8" stubby on the last deal and it's great. more than enough power to take off lug nuts without issue. some folks said they couldn't get theirs off and I have no idea how rusted their bolts are but mine came off just fine.
What battery do you use?
I bought the 1/2” stubby on last promo, and a 2.0ah battery would not budge a lug on my SUV.
When I got home, I put on a 4.0ah battery, and it took it off no problem.
The 2.0ah batteries just don’t seem to have what it takes.
I removed and replaced all 4 tires without changing the battery with the 4.0ah.
Oct 14, 2009
2 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
I have the 3/8" stubby and it is one of the most useful M12 tools I own. It has no problems taking off lug nuts that are properly torqued on, but it can struggle with ones that are crusty or improperly banged on by someone with an airgun.
Mar 5, 2018
133 posts
138 upvotes
Hey seen this come and go and finally ordered one for pick up in store. Ordered the 1/2 inch but wondering if the 3/8 is in stock at 149 too I should pick that up instead. Will use on ram 1500 and Honda CRV. Looks like same torque but feedback welcome on any adv/disadv of one over the other
Jun 4, 2011
239 posts
176 upvotes
dasbooter wrote: Hey seen this come and go and finally ordered one for pick up in store. Ordered the 1/2 inch but wondering if the 3/8 is in stock at 149 too I should pick that up instead. Will use on ram 1500 and Honda CRV. Looks like same torque but feedback welcome on any adv/disadv of one over the other
Don't see much point in the 3/8 if your primary use is lugs, which pretty much guarantees use of 1/2 sockets. Disadvantage is that if you use the 3/8 and have 1/2 sockets, you'll need adapters which aren't just annoying but will reduce torque. You may have trouble taking lugs off the ram with adapters, but if you stick a proper impact socket on without anything in the way it will do fine.

Previous deal was better ($128 after battery return), though wouldn't be possible now in ON due to stores not being open properly.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2779 posts
2711 upvotes
Winnipeg
coolintheshade wrote: What battery do you use?
I bought the 1/2” stubby on last promo, and a 2.0ah battery would not budge a lug on my SUV.
That's strange...I was able to take off lug nuts easily on my Subbie Forester with the 2.0ah battery. In fact I had two bars left on the battery...
I’m not cheap……I’m frugal!!!
Apr 9, 2008
521 posts
217 upvotes
Bby
The tool will operate with the same power with either battery. Perhaps the 2.0 wasn't fully charged?
Apr 5, 2010
912 posts
186 upvotes
I got a stubby 3/8 with 3/8 impact sockets. I have 8mm to 22mm on 3/8 and it's the most used tool I have.

I also got it for $129 with a 4ah battery and charger last year. I have 4ah and 2ah batterys. The 2ah is vest used for my ratchet and drill.
Mar 5, 2018
133 posts
138 upvotes
Thanks for the good info. Passed this is up before but quite awhile ago got that deal with the free battery, glitches. It all balances out. Just looking to speed up winter tire all season change out.
Nov 12, 2011
19 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
I got the 1/2" stubby with 2ah battery and no problem taking off lug nuts torqued to 90ft/lb
May 10, 2016
397 posts
545 upvotes
liquidnails wrote: The tool will operate with the same power with either battery. Perhaps the 2.0 wasn't fully charged?
No, larger batteries have more cells. When you put more cells in parallel the internal resistance drops and it's able to get more total current. More current at the same voltage means you get more power out of larger batteries. This is why they recommend using the 8, 9, or 12 Ah batteries in the high draw tools like table saws and chainsaws.
Last edited by Solarisphere on May 5th, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 10, 2016
397 posts
545 upvotes
Vikram19 wrote: That's strange...I was able to take off lug nuts easily on my Subbie Forester with the 2.0ah battery. In fact I had two bars left on the battery...
Your lug nuts probably just didn't need as much torque to take off. Either because they weren't put on as tight or the threads aren't as rough (ie. less friction).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8554 posts
9282 upvotes
The Prairies
liquidnails wrote: The tool will operate with the same power with either battery. Perhaps the 2.0 wasn't fully charged?
No it won’t.
The 2.0 will have much higher amperage drop than the 4.0
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2779 posts
2711 upvotes
Winnipeg
Solarisphere wrote: Your lug nuts probably just didn't need as much torque to take off. Either because they weren't put on as tight or the threads aren't as rough (ie. less friction).
They were torqued at 90 ft.-lbs, had no trouble in taking them off!
I’m not cheap……I’m frugal!!!
Feb 8, 2006
557 posts
269 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: What battery do you use?
I have 2ah and 4ah. both work fine. I did this on my Hyundai's and both only torque the lugs to 85 ft lbs which is easy peasy. just got the Model Y and it is spec'ed to 129 ft lbs so we'll if I have any trouble with the stubby but should be ok even with an adaptor.
Aug 31, 2008
84 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
I have the 3/8 with a 2amp battery.

I use an adapter for 1/2. I did two cars without any issues and battery left (8 Max loosening and 8 light tightening).