Home Depot

Milwaukee Tool M18 18V Lithium-Ion XC 5.0 Ah Battery (2 Pack) - $179

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2021 9:51 pm
[OP]
May 28, 2021
1 posts
1 upvote

[Home Depot] Milwaukee Tool M18 18V Lithium-Ion XC 5.0 Ah Battery (2 Pack) - $179

I'm not sure if this is a great sale price or not but after some research it seems pretty decent. Milwaukee batteries are expensive in general so if you're comparing them to other brands, it might not seem as great.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1001004349

The father's day sale is also ongoing: https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/catego ... s-day.html
6 replies
Sep 23, 2005
397 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up a couple of XC4.0's when they were being cleared out for $59ea, but I haven't opened them yet. Is there any advantage to returning them and buying these at $89.50ea if I don't need the extra runtime. It's 50% more $$$ for only 25% for ah.
May 15, 2019
50 posts
65 upvotes
lostinpangea wrote: I picked up a couple of XC4.0's when they were being cleared out for $59ea, but I haven't opened them yet. Is there any advantage to returning them and buying these at $89.50ea if I don't need the extra runtime. It's 50% more $$$ for only 25% for ah.
I think you answered your own question lol
Nov 20, 2017
747 posts
548 upvotes
I was looking at grabbing m18 circular saw on sale for 139. Then I noticed the m18 and battery charger combo comes with a 5.0 for 200.. so only 60 bucks extra to get a 5.0 AH battery.

I haven't been following prices lately to know whether I can do better. I wouldn't mind the extra battery for an extra 60.

Anyone known if the m18 saw and battery combos go on sale? What would be best case scenario? Also looking at grabbing the reciprocating saw too. Both combos are the same price.
May 27, 2016
133 posts
81 upvotes
BC
In previous years $149 for 2 x 5.0 Ah M18 batteries was a common sale price. Everything has been going up so I don't know if we will see that this year.

As far as the M18 1st gen. circular saw battery charger combo, it's been this price for a while and I think it is a decent deal. I'm holding out for the brushless 7-1/4 or fuel 6-1/2 version but haven't seen any killer deals on those lately.

Just stay away from the brushed first gen M18 grinder. The newer brushless and fuel versions are a night and day difference.
Sep 23, 2005
397 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
lostinpangea wrote: I picked up a couple of XC4.0's when they were being cleared out for $59ea, but I haven't opened them yet. Is there any advantage to returning them and buying these at $89.50ea if I don't need the extra runtime. It's 50% more $$$ for only 25% for ah.
Gametreed wrote: I think you answered your own question lol
Not necessarily... I have heard that higher capacity batteries can sometimes provide higher power, not just higher runtime. In fact, I thought that was a key selling feature to upgrade from the CP to XC to HD battery packs. I'm just not sure if that applies within the same battery range. And there may be other advantages such as longer battery life due to fewer charging cycles, lower battery temps, etc. But I don't know, so therefore the question.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4322 posts
3561 upvotes
GTA
lostinpangea wrote: I picked up a couple of XC4.0's when they were being cleared out for $59ea, but I haven't opened them yet. Is there any advantage to returning them and buying these at $89.50ea?
The answer is NO.