Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Milwaukee Tool M18 FUEL High Torque ½ inch Impact Wrench with Friction Ring (GEN2) - $264

Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1600 posts
1024 upvotes
Ottawa
kirkhammett wrote: There's no confusion here: 2767-20 was $79.96 and 2763-20 was around $68.96.
Either way it was a long time ago.
Impossible at those price points even for tool only.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1671 posts
165 upvotes
Thornhill
sandav wrote: Impossible at those price points even for tool only.
It was a troll post maybe? If someone can't provide proof of a receipt it is very hard to believe
Nov 22, 2012
3 posts
Question, how come everyone is buying this one instead of the 2767-22 kit with 2 batteries, charger and hard case?

I don't own any Milwaukee tools (I have a DeWatt Impact Driver), but figured that this deal isn't for me, as I still would need to buy the battery/charger/case for it.

I feel $520 for the combo set is more worthwhile than tool-only, unless you already have these batteries from other tools.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1268 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Karura7 wrote: Question, how come everyone is buying this one instead of the 2767-22 kit with 2 batteries, charger and hard case?

I don't own any Milwaukee tools (I have a DeWatt Impact Driver), but figured that this deal isn't for me, as I still would need to buy the battery/charger/case for it.

I feel $520 for the combo set is more worthwhile than tool-only, unless you already have these batteries from other tools.
Impact Wrench, a totally different animal to Impact Driver.
Impact wrench can loosen heavy duty nuts and bolts (from car wheels, exhuast, suspension, etc.)

Impact driver drives and loosen screws. It can loosen nuts and bolt w/ an additional addapter, but it doesn't deliver the power like Impact wrench

if you don't know what's an impact wrench, this clearly isn't for you. j/ my 2 cents...
stick w/ a drill driver/impact driver combo.
Jan 22, 2014
730 posts
554 upvotes
yellowmp5 wrote: Impact Wrench, a totally different animal to Impact Driver.
Impact wrench can loosen heavy duty nuts and bolts (from car wheels, exhuast, suspension, etc.)

Impact driver drives and loosen screws. It can loosen nuts and bolt w/ an additional addapter, but it doesn't deliver the power like Impact wrench

if you don't know what's an impact wrench, this clearly isn't for you. j/ my 2 cents...
stick w/ a drill driver/impact driver combo.
You didn't even read his post, did you?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6795 posts
968 upvotes
Toronto
I would still buy this as a bare tool and pick up a charger and battery off kijiji for around $100 total or less.

You don't need two large batteries to remove a set of lug nuts. I can do it with one 2.0ah.
Jul 27, 2008
366 posts
523 upvotes
Many folks, myself included, are already heavily invested in the Milwaukee ecosystem. So many will already have chargers and batteries. I agree with Inno, that a smaller battery should do the trick for the average homeowner. If I owned a shop, I would invest in the high capacity batteries.

Having said all that, I bought the M18 blower. It sucked down my 2.0ah battery to 50% after 30 seconds!
Jul 27, 2008
366 posts
523 upvotes
Not really sure why people are down voting the thread. There was some mention of previous lower prices, but they seem to be unsubstantiated.

This seems to be a price drop, and in line with competitors pricing.

I don't want to thread crap here, but a viable alternative to this tool would be a corded impact wrench. There is a 7.5 amp Mastercraft (I know, Mastercraft, generally crappy products) impact wrench that regularly goes on sale for $60. I picked one up during the last sale. It is a beast and has pretty good reviews. I would love to have this Milwaukee because they make excellent products, and they are cordless, but I couldn't justify it for the amount I would use it.

Here is some youtube dude giving a review
Your text to link here...

Here is a link to the product page
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2288 posts
1449 upvotes
Prince George
sniper_ wrote:
I don't want to thread crap here, but a viable alternative to this tool would be a corded impact wrench. There is a 7.5 amp Mastercraft (I know, Mastercraft, generally crappy products) impact wrench that regularly goes on sale for $60. I picked one up during the last sale. It is a beast and has pretty good reviews. I would love to have this Milwaukee because they make excellent products, and they are cordless, but I couldn't justify it for the amount I would use it.
Umm. That Mastercraft claims 240 ft-lbs of torque. The Milwaukee claims 1400. Am I missing something? Seems like apples and oranges.
Jul 27, 2008
366 posts
523 upvotes
Oops, you are correct. Different ballgame. I'm not sure I would have anything at home that would need that much torque.
Oct 7, 2007
556 posts
75 upvotes
Markham
My local HD (First Markham Place) also has the 2860-21 (Mid Torque with 5.0) on clearance at $269. Would have picked it up if i didn't already buy the tool by itself.
Feb 14, 2008
108 posts
64 upvotes
Sudbury
cruisn76 wrote: It was a troll post maybe? If someone can't provide proof of a receipt it is very hard to believe
No it was not a troll post at all. As kirkhammett and others pointed out it was a legitimate deal earlier this year on rfd. I saw the thread he referenced and surprisingly it was there when I went to check at HD. Don't know why it was so cheap as this thing is a beast, and a steal at $80.
Images
  • HDWrench.jpg
Dec 3, 2010
528 posts
405 upvotes
Toronto
sniper_ wrote: Not really sure why people are down voting the thread. There was some mention of previous lower prices, but they seem to be unsubstantiated.

This seems to be a price drop, and in line with competitors pricing.

Here is some youtube dude giving a review

Here is a link to the product page
Corded impact wrenches are crap! No electronic brake and you wait forever for it to stop spinning after you release the trigger. Speed control is non existent. Also as mentioned the torque is not even comparable to battery powered impact. Sold my corded and switched to battery powered one, what a difference.
Feb 6, 2008
140 posts
152 upvotes
I picked one up earlier this year for 79.00.
Has a lot of power. I used it to take off the wheel lug nut on a transport truck. (450 to 500 ft/lb) Took it off with ease, the truck mechanic was impressed.

This unit is big and heavy. If your just doing Tire changes I would recommend getting a smaller one(the Ryobi 1/2 drive impact works well). If your doing heavier work of just want to impress your buddies with the biggest tool in the box then it is a good deal at 264.