Dec 17, 2007
425 posts
198 upvotes

[Home Depot] myQ Chamberlain Smart Garage Door Opener Hub $35

Found this at home depot Richmond hill north
Images
  • BBFD2113-5733-47EC-9F29-A05AF553F4A6.jpeg
  • 9D71A4CD-7AE7-4759-BF3A-F6021C9EF1D5.jpeg
Last edited by buluan on Aug 4th, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Shopping around for more options? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best garage openers!
45 replies
Oct 31, 2018
53 posts
55 upvotes
These are spotty in terms of their cloud offering, buy with caution.
Mar 3, 2009
928 posts
404 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Doesn't seem to be a garage door opener, but some kind of hub.

May want to update the title OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4750 posts
887 upvotes
SK
Get the newer version from Amazon.com when it goes on sale for less then $35. The older version lost the ability to schedule door closing at a set time.
Mar 8, 2013
398 posts
890 upvotes
Toronto
shopper-X wrote: Get the newer version from Amazon.com when it goes on sale for less then $35. The older version lost the ability to schedule door closing at a set time.
I have the older version (black, MYQ-G0301) and the myQ App currently has a scheduled close (if open) at a set time and day.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20650 posts
8137 upvotes
Toronto
"open your door from anywhere"

Where else do I need to open my door, other than in front of my house? Seems like a waste if you ask me.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Oct 14, 2003
60 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto ON
I bought the same from Amazon for $50. And I freaking love it.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4750 posts
887 upvotes
SK
Callister wrote: I have the older version (black, MYQ-G0301) and the myQ App currently has a scheduled close (if open) at a set time and day.
I have the MYQ-G0201.
myQ Scheduling and myQ Garage FAQs
MyQ wrote: We have identified a system issue with myQ Garage (MYQ-G0201 / 821LM) and the myQ App scheduling feature. For garage door openers that require a door sensor, we have seen low batteries prevent the door from closing as scheduled. Since security is our top priority we are disabling the schedule-to-close feature for all myQ Garage users until further notice. We are working to address and fix this system issue. The Smart Garage Hub (MYQ-G0301/821LMB) and Chamberlain/LiftMaster Smart Garage Control (MYQ-G0401 / 821LMC) are not affected by this issue.
For assistance with schedules for other myQ devices, see How to Create or Delete a myQ Schedule and The garage door opener won't open or close from the myQ app
At least I got the free HomeBridge Hub for being registered on the MyQ forums because they promised HomeKit support then dropped it.
shopper-X
Jul 2, 2016
575 posts
1422 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: "open your door from anywhere"

Where else do I need to open my door, other than in front of my house? Seems like a waste if you ask me.
I find it handy if I get a package delivered when I'm not home. They ring my video doorbell and I can open the garage to let them leave the package and then close it after.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4847 posts
2229 upvotes
GTA
Having an app to open/close the door is nice too. If I head out on a walk, bike ride, or whatever, I can just open the door with my phone instead of having to carry the remote around.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20650 posts
8137 upvotes
Toronto
George1616 wrote: I find it handy if I get a package delivered when I'm not home. They ring my video doorbell and I can open the garage to let them leave the package and then close it after.
I can't even get the package guys to knock on my door

Literally today, while I was home
PXL_20210804_200812181.jpg
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4750 posts
887 upvotes
SK
DaVibe wrote: "open your door from anywhere"

George1616 wrote: I find it handy if I get a package delivered when I'm not home. They ring my video doorbell and I can open the garage to let them leave the package and then close it after.
I've let friends and family in through the garage when running late and even to pick up tools and drop things off for me. I also like the alert if I've left the door open past a certain time or it's been open for x-amount of minutes/hours I get an alert. We make the kids take the trash out in the evening and they sometimes forget to close the door. The alerts are handy.
shopper-X
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5737 posts
3253 upvotes
Toronto
I also have the G0301 purchased from Amazon past BF sale. I have it scheduled to auto close at specific time of the day and it's been working nicely. IMO best feature is which of my kids left and use their phone to close the door so I know who it was.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1495 posts
893 upvotes
Toronto
I have this, and I love it! I schedule my doors to be closed at specific time. (Unless I put something to obstruct the sensor to prevent the door to auto close)

I wish the app could give me an option to auto close door after 10 mins.

Do remember, if you have 2 garage doors, you will need 2 sensors. This box only comes with a hub and one sensor.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2761 posts
770 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone test this against the refoss that goes on sale frequently?
Dec 25, 2012
30 posts
46 upvotes
Brampton
I have this. And I don't like it. Using the app to open and close is good. The notification from the app is good and quick. Only thing that bugs me is that I cannot say "hey Google, open the garage." That don't work. Even telling Google to close the garage don't work. You have to say "hey Google, tell MyQ to close the garage."

You can try using the app Simple Command, but they are currently having issue linking to Chamberlain.

It's a small thing, but it bugs me. I managed to have a work around using routines from Google Home and Tasker. But it wasn't straight forward and easy to set up. But now telling Google to open or close the garage works the way I like it to.

Edit: saying "hey Google, tell MyQ to open the garage," won't work as well. Something to do with security/safety purpose.
Last edited by retrojimmy on Aug 5th, 2021 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29736 posts
10454 upvotes
These always go on sale for cheap in US--either B&M HD stores (which you can't get to easily these days) or Amazon.com (which will ship to Canada). These days it's the newer model that's being sold more often there. This looks like the older model but nice to see it's cheap and available locally/off-the-shelf.

As a note the newer sensor (white) will work with the older hub, but the opposite is not true. The old sensor will not work with the newer hub. So if you get the old model and want to add a second sensor you can use either. However the catch there is the old model is less reliable and more problematic with things like randomly opening, and opening instead of closing.

When these go on sale on Amazon.com (i.e. US site) usually the kit (hub + one sensor) is cheaper than buying a single sensor. You can also use two hubs and two sensors (two complete kits), if you want to.

Each hub only controls a max of two doors (with an additional sensor), doesn't matter which version. Therefore if you have a 3-door garage you'd have to have two hubs and three sensors.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4847 posts
2229 upvotes
GTA
retrojimmy wrote: I have this. And I don't like it. Using the app to open and close is good. The notification from the app is good and quick. Only thing that bugs me is that I cannot say "hey Google, open the garage." That don't work. Even telling Google to close the garage don't work. You have to say "hey Google, tell MyQ to close the garage."

You can try using the app Simple Command, but they are currently having issue linking to Chamberlain.

It's a small thing, but it bugs me. I managed to have a work around using routines from Google Home and Tasker. But it wasn't straight forward and easy to set up. But now telling Google to open or close the garage works the way I like it to.

Edit: saying "hey Google, tell MyQ to open the garage," won't work as well. Something to do with security/safety purpose.
Good point. I think the idea behind not allowing voice commands to open a garage door is so that it doesn't happen accidentally. I think that's their logic anyway.

Another thing that some people might not realize before buying this, is that the hub or GDO will sound an alarm and flash the lights every time you close the door with the app. As far as I know, there's no way to disable this. This is because by using the app, it assumes you're closing the door remotely so it sounds an alarm to alert people/children nearby that the door is about to close. It's not ridiculously loud or anything but some might find it annoying.
[OP]
Dec 17, 2007
425 posts
198 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: These always go on sale for cheap in US--either B&M HD stores (which you can't get to easily these days) or Amazon.com (which will ship to Canada). These days it's the newer model that's being sold more often there. This looks like the older model but nice to see it's cheap and available locally/off-the-shelf.

As a note the newer sensor (white) will work with the older hub, but the opposite is not true. The old sensor will not work with the newer hub. So if you get the old model and want to add a second sensor you can use either. However the catch there is the old model is less reliable and more problematic with things like randomly opening, and opening instead of closing.

When these go on sale on Amazon.com (i.e. US site) usually the kit (hub + one sensor) is cheaper than buying a single sensor. You can also use two hubs and two sensors (two complete kits), if you want to.

Each hub only controls a max of two doors (with an additional sensor), doesn't matter which version. Therefore if you have a 3-door garage you'd have to have two hubs and three sensors.
The old sensor does work with the newer hub. That is exactly how I installed
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29736 posts
10454 upvotes
buluan wrote: The old sensor does work with the newer hub. That is exactly how I installed
You have a black sensor working with a white hub? Because this is specifically what Chamberlain says is not possible. I've never tried it but it says this on their website.