Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Napoleon rogue 425 (YMMV) $549

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 7:22 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 4, 2004
502 posts
103 upvotes
Surrey

[Home Depot] Napoleon rogue 425 (YMMV) $549

This was spotted at the white Rock home depot in BC. Pretty good deal. I paid quite a bit more for mine last year.

Stainless model but with cast grates and regular side burner. I believe it's the propane model.
Images
  • upload.jpg
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1725 posts
1253 upvotes
Toronto
How good is the Napoleon BBQ?

Been considering one for this summer, but have seen mix reviews about them online. Can anyone that owns a Napoleon share their experience?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3740 posts
5141 upvotes
Oakville
Bleachway wrote: How good is the Napoleon BBQ?

Been considering one for this summer, but have seen mix reviews about them online. Can anyone that owns a Napoleon share their experience?

I have had two Napoleon's so far, one made in Canada Shipped from Barrie and one from China. Both perform the same and are amazing. I compared to Weber's and equally good. I like the starter on the Napoleon 495 more with the infrared burner.

What makes the Napoleon good is the even distribution of heat and the ability to preheat quickly. And the longevity of the parts.

Napoleon is a top dog. Ever since they moved production to China for some of their BBQ (the high end range is still made in Canada), they took some heat, but I took a chance and bought a Chinese made one for the cottage and it's been great.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Jul 28, 2010
822 posts
531 upvotes
zdpz wrote: I have had two Napoleon's so far, one made in Canada Shipped from Barrie and one from China. Both perform the same and are amazing. I compared to Weber's and equally good. I like the starter on the Napoleon 495 more with the infrared burner.

What makes the Napoleon good is the even distribution of heat and the ability to preheat quickly. And the longevity of the parts.

Napoleon is a top dog. Ever since they moved production to China for some of their BBQ (the high end range is still made in Canada), they took some heat, but I took a chance and bought a Chinese made one for the cottage and it's been great.
That's a bold statement, have you owned a Weber? Which Line? I agree Napoleon make good bbq's but Weber then Broil King seem to be consensus 1 and 2.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
2015 posts
1341 upvotes
BlueLightSpecial wrote: That's a bold statement, have you owned a Weber? Which Line? I agree Napoleon make good bbq's but Weber then Broil King seem to be consensus 1 and 2.
Weber and Napoleon are comparable. Weber seems a little better for anything under $2500-$3000?, but Napoleon makes much nicer higher end grills (not comparing to Alfresco or Kalamazoo). Broil King (which I have) is a bit lacking compared to those 2 brands but still much much better than everything else available at big box stores.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2629 posts
3763 upvotes
I ended up getting a Weber Genesis instead of a Rogue near the end of the 2019 summer. Comparing the two in-store it seemed the Weber was the higher quality unit, but it did end up costing 2x the price of this Rogue. For someone who grills multiple times a week, I think the Genesis was worth the extra $.

This is a great deal for the Rogue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)