Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Nest E Thermostat - $179.08 after price match (YMMV, additional rebate if in Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2018 9:55 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
remik wrote: The nest learns from your tweaks/adjustments, so eventually you won't even need to touch it as it "learns" what temperature you like and when.
Lol, it simply creates a schedule on when you're home and away and the desired temperature.
It doesn't "tweak/adjust" anything.
Aug 17, 2010
153 posts
88 upvotes
GTA
Price matched at Oakville Home Depot for $179. Also used the $10 off coupon, $190 with taxes in.
Nov 14, 2012
975 posts
545 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Successful PM at home Depot using a photo of the bestbuy price tag.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2014
1065 posts
873 upvotes
Vancouver
i have 2 nest e and no issues without c wire. i installed myself (super easy) got it at 178 with free prime shipping when amazon had a deal. love it.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10499 posts
7635 upvotes
ON
I prefer Arizona or Brisk to Nest E myself.
Nov 29, 2010
404 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
Is the enbridge $100 rebate seperate from the GreenON rebate?
Could I stack both of them to get $200 back?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
1MFK1 wrote: Is the enbridge $100 rebate seperate from the GreenON rebate?
It appears so ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
1MFK1 wrote: Is the enbridge $100 rebate seperate from the GreenON rebate?

no, rebates can't be stacked. It mentions in the fine print that rebate can not be combined with other rebate offers.
Mar 23, 2017
583 posts
526 upvotes
Canada
Will the GreenON Installer brings the thermostat with them or can we purchase before hand?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
YasirAli wrote: Will the GreenON Installer brings the thermostat with them or can we purchase before hand?
GreenOn free thermostat and intallation signup was done a few months ago.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3606 posts
2409 upvotes
Mississauga
YasirAli wrote: Will the GreenON Installer brings the thermostat with them or can we purchase before hand?
Under the current rebate program, you will buy the thermostat for the full retail price, and then raise a claim with GreenON for a 100$ rebate cheque. They will neither supply nor install the thermostat. That free thermostat with free installation program was overbooked a few months back.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1075 posts
1746 upvotes
Toronto
IndyBeak wrote: Under the current rebate program, you will buy the thermostat for the full retail price, and then raise a claim with GreenON for a 100$ rebate cheque. They will neither supply nor install the thermostat. That free thermostat with free installation program was overbooked a few months back.
Thanks for explaining that. Not sure how I missed it. Oh well.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3606 posts
2409 upvotes
Mississauga
remik wrote: The nest learns from your tweaks/adjustments, so eventually you won't even need to touch it as it "learns" what temperature you like and when.
The learning feature is overhyped. I already know what temperatures I like, and what times of the day I am usually home. All this information is fed into the thermostat (one time activity), and it works flawlessly. I currently have an Ecobee from GreenON, but I did not have any "comfort" issues with the earlier dumb honeywell thermostat as well. Even that had a 7 day programming, and was essentially a set it and forget it scenario.
Mar 23, 2017
583 posts
526 upvotes
Canada
IndyBeak wrote: Under the current rebate program, you will buy the thermostat for the full retail price, and then raise a claim with GreenON for a 100$ rebate cheque. They will neither supply nor install the thermostat. That free thermostat with free installation program was overbooked a few months back.
I applied for the greenon installation program in October last year . Couple of weeks ago they sent me an email with the link to choose my preference for thermostats. As per the email, they will come and install it. So I think I enrolled into free thermostat program
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3606 posts
2409 upvotes
Mississauga
YasirAli wrote: I applied for the greenon installation program in October last year . Couple of weeks ago they sent me an email with the link to choose my preference for thermostats. As per the email, they will come and install it. So I think I enrolled into free thermostat program
Yes, you're good then. But then this thread is not relevant to your situation. There is an ongoing thread going to that program where you can get an idea of which areas installations are going on in currently. I had mine installed last weekend.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
IndyBeak wrote: Yes, you're good then. But then this thread is not relevant to your situation. There is an ongoing thread going to that program where you can get an idea of which areas installations are going on in currently. I had mine installed last weekend.

If you're with Enbridge, register for the $100 rebate. I got it with my free Nest E from GreenON
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3606 posts
2409 upvotes
Mississauga
remik wrote: If you're with Enbridge, register for the $100 rebate. I got it with my free Nest E from GreenON
Done that already. :) Hope to see it reflected on the next bill.lol.
May 11, 2011
376 posts
470 upvotes
Vancouver
The difference between regular Nest 3 and Nest E is only esthetics -right? Nicer display, metal casing? Is Next E a learning thermostat?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Chloey wrote: The difference between regular Nest 3 and Nest E is only esthetics -right? Nicer display, metal casing? Is Next E a learning thermostat?
No, nest E also supported only the standard systems (80% approx), not for you if you have a humidifier/dehumidifier, multistage fans, while Nest 3 supports multi stage fans, humidifier, dehumidifiers, etc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)