[Home Depot] Nest Hello + Free Google Mini $259

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2019 8:42 am
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1556 posts
1370 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Dell did this to me when I ordered an Xbox one x using a 20% off coupon they gave me in the mail, and also it was already on sale for $469 the fallout 76 one. Plus with the Dell cash reward stuff, and the ebates (was 14% I think at the time, was around Valentine's day this year).

I ordered around 3 pm, at 5 pm I got confirmation of shipment by FedEx. I got charged with PayPal already.

At like 6 pm some number I don't know, called me, I let it voicemail. I immediately listened to the message, was dell calling to confirm my identity. I called them back right away using their main line... And they told me that they cancelled my order because I didn't verify who I was... Lol..

Anyways, it was still being delivered the very next day, and FedEx driver told me he can't give me the box, has to bring it back. I was like wtf. First time ever ever, being charged fully, and then they decide to take it back. Best part of it all, it took a week for Dell to actually refund me. FYI, it still shows that I bought it and I have the Xbox, no cancellation on Dell site. Only good thing here is I'm still getting the 14% ebates and the 3% dell rewards lol.
Jul 29, 2016
109 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
ahhchoo wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 11:08 am
Just did this... They never asked for GHM, so got 4 of them free
So you received the HD email that your order was modified from 4 mini to 1, but UPS still delivered 4?
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2011
1011 posts
182 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
lmx116 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 11:13 am
So you received the HD email that your order was modified from 4 mini to 1, but UPS still delivered 4?
No, I ordered a bit earlier and didn't get modified. But I thought I did because ups was late.
Mar 10, 2008
410 posts
16 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
I ordered the Nest Hello with 4 GHM for in store pickup on Tuesday and was able to pick it up on Thursday from the store without any issues, I like to pay via Paypal too and not register my CC with any of the online stores.
Apr 11, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
Canadiansinner wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 8:32 am
They said they would credit my CC after UPS confirmed delivery back at the warehouse. He offered me a $50 HD gift card to buy a GHM (as they are now $49.99 at HD) if u still wanted to buy the doorbell. I passed and just picked up one at Staples for $252.98 after tax. ($259.99 - $30 coupon - 3% Ebates)
The refund may take awhile. My order was recalled but they charged my CC and likely estimate will be that it will take up two to three weeks before you get a refund depending on when they receive the items back from UPS (currently closed for the holidays). Was also offered a $50 HD gift card.
Jul 22, 2007
312 posts
49 upvotes
I ordered for in store pickup on April 17 at 12:08 AM

Still haven't heard anything, order still says being processed
Sep 13, 2015
939 posts
784 upvotes
Alberta
I ordered mine the morning of the 18th for delivery and it is also still showing being processed... I would have thought this would be settled by now..
Jun 20, 2011
316 posts
95 upvotes
Strange HD sent an email after modification that “the package has been shipped “
Checking UPS from the past 2 days, it says “UPS could not locate the shipping information “

God i hate UPS !

Anyone else has the same experience?
Mar 12, 2017
568 posts
1729 upvotes
hurlyhunk wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 10:25 pm
Strange HD sent an email after modification that “the package has been shipped “
Checking UPS from the past 2 days, it says “UPS could not locate the shipping information “

God i hate UPS !

Anyone else has the same experience?
It says it may take up to 48 hour to be able to track so give it another day.
Sep 13, 2015
939 posts
784 upvotes
Alberta
I'm on the phone now to cancel my order... It seems there is no hope for receiving this order delivered with 4 minis. I'd rather not have to deal with trying to return with no local home depot here.
Mar 12, 2017
568 posts
1729 upvotes
Lush78 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 11:17 pm
I'm on the phone now to cancel my order... It seems there is no hope for receiving this order delivered with 4 minis. I'd rather not have to deal with trying to return with no local home depot here.
Good luck but it won't work.
Sep 13, 2015
939 posts
784 upvotes
Alberta
Krime1k wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 11:20 pm
Good luck but it won't work.
What won't work? My order is still being processed and not yet shipped...
Mar 12, 2017
568 posts
1729 upvotes
Lush78 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 11:22 pm
What won't work? My order is still being processed and not yet shipped...
Won't matter, they still won't let you cancel. You're just wasting more time unfortunately. Stupid process HD and Lowes have.
Sep 13, 2015
939 posts
784 upvotes
Alberta
Krime1k wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 11:49 pm
Won't matter, they still won't let you cancel. You're just wasting more time unfortunately. Stupid process HD and Lowes have.
That's odd. I'll have to try again tomorrow anyway. Waited on hold for 50 minutes and now they're closed. Working the nightshift...
Mar 12, 2017
568 posts
1729 upvotes
Lush78 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 11:51 pm
That's odd. I'll have to try again tomorrow anyway. Waited on hold for 50 minutes and now they're closed. Working the nightshift...
Once you speak with someone and they tell you that they're not able to cancel the order, make sure you tell them you have no way of returning the item to the store. I told them this and they said that they would arrange to have the shipment picked up, and to call once the item arrived. I got the shipping notification the next day and package should be here in a day or so... such a stupid process I can't get over it. Maybe you'll have better luck as you're in Alberta, but I'd still be surprised.