Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Gen - $135.50 w Enbridge ON coupon & PM (Reg $329)

Feb 4, 2019
56 posts
45 upvotes
SERDAR wrote: Thank you very much for responding and providing useful information.

B stands for Black wire? I do not have it, however, i did see some people have it in their houses after watching few Youtube videos (Installation help).

G stands for Green wire? As i have it, i will be able to mount that wire on Nest as well? I really do not think i should be leaving some wires unhooked :)

Thanks again and i do apologize for bothering / asking so many questions.
I just installed mine last night and I'm definitely not an expert, but you're good with your wires.

There's a Compatibility Checker here and when you install the thermostat, the app will give you a diagram of where each wire should go
https://support.google.com/googlenest/a ... 6656?hl=en
Aug 30, 2017
11 posts
4 upvotes
SERDAR wrote: Thank you very much for responding and providing useful information.

B stands for Black wire? I do not have it, however, i did see some people have it in their houses after watching few Youtube videos (Installation help).

G stands for Green wire? As i have it, i will be able to mount that wire on Nest as well? I really do not think i should be leaving some wires unhooked :)

B was a typo but I meant the blue wire plugged into C for the common wire. Since you have it, you should plug it in.

Same for G (yes, the Green wire). This is the one for the fan.

The main ones are:
Yellow = cooling wire
White = heating wire
Red = power wire
Nov 10, 2019
283 posts
264 upvotes
CANADA
Thank you DianaN71218 ! and jwhittl !

I will wait for these to come back in stock (local store) and get the coupon code from Enbridge and purchase it.
the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear ...
Feb 4, 2019
56 posts
45 upvotes

Not everyone has all the wires (or needs all the wires). B doesn't stand for Black, but B connector.

G is the fan and yes, generally green (my G wire was red, so I learned last night that the colours may be very different from "standards")

Make sure you check back to the photo you just posted (the original setup) as that's what you're going to be using no matter what your wire colors are.
Nov 10, 2019
283 posts
264 upvotes
CANADA
Sounds good, will do, thank you again for all helpful information, greatly appreciated.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4596 posts
3099 upvotes
Toronto
SERDAR wrote: As a first time house owner, i am looking to replace current thermostat that came installed with the house.
Its very basic , and i am looking into something with wifi features, etc.

I do have 3 questions though, do i need to kill the power in the house before i install this or any breakers at least? Or just make sure everything is off on 'old' thermostat before removing it?

My current thermostat wires look like this:

The Nest will come with stickers with the various wire labels (Y,G,C,W,R, etc). Before you disconnect your current thermostat, you will put label stickers on the wires accordingly based on where they currently are. So after removing your current thermostat all your wires will be labeled and super easy to put into the correct locations on the Nest.

Also make sure if you pick this up at Home Depot you use the newer price match I edited on the first post, which will give a cheaper price.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4596 posts
3099 upvotes
Toronto
kimbrian4 wrote:
Either way, what the HD people told me was that they couldn't put any other adjustments after the price match and beat. They wouldn't even try to put the 25% rebate portion, even though that one's from the government lol
Ya that's just them being ignorant, lazy or cheap. You need to talk to a manager or go to a new store location. Most price adjustments they enter manually, I think it's only the $75 Enbridge coupon that they scan. The employee I dealt with figured out the PM and 25% rebate on a calculator and punched in all the numbers.

Another poster here also got rejected for same reason, called HD customer service to complain, and they sent him a gift card equal to the price match difference.

As you said, the 25% rebate is from the Ontario government so HD doesn't even pay for this.
Nov 10, 2019
283 posts
264 upvotes
CANADA
rob444 wrote: The Nest will come with stickers with the various wire labels (Y,G,C,W,R, etc). Before you disconnect your current thermostat, you will put label stickers on the wires accordingly based on where they currently are. So after removing your current thermostat all your wires will be labeled and super easy to put into the correct locations on the Nest.

Also make sure if you pick this up at Home Depot you use the newer price match I edited on the first post, which will give a cheaper price.
Thank you very much for this information / price match! Greatly appreciated.
Feb 11, 2018
39 posts
7 upvotes
DianaN71218 wrote: Ask for a manger or go to a different HD. They don't all know how to do it. There's a specific order they need to enter it in.... I was there for a while...
rob444 wrote: Ya that's just them being ignorant, lazy or cheap. You need to talk to a manager or go to a new store location. Most price adjustments they enter manually, I think it's only the $75 Enbridge coupon that they scan. The employee I dealt with figured out the PM and 25% rebate on a calculator and punched in all the numbers.

Another poster here also got rejected for same reason, called HD customer service to complain, and they sent him a gift card equal to the price match difference.

As you said, the 25% rebate is from the Ontario government so HD doesn't even pay for this.
You guys were right! I contacted customer support online and then called the store manager. He was still saying he couldn't do it, even saying 25% rebate has a T&C that says you cant combine with other offer. Called him out on it and he contacted their tech support and was able to do it finally!

Thank you both for the help!
Nov 12, 2019
8 posts
Hi, how to find this deal at Home Depot for nest learning thermostat? I'm looking to buy Nest thermostat. $164 will be a great thing if I could get it. What should I do? Sorry, first time here in redflag deals app , so want to understand so that I can save some of my money. Thanks in advance
Nov 12, 2019
8 posts
Hi, just checked with Enbridge. Home Depot is no more doing instant rebates with them it seems. Also they said I can only avail either the instant rebate of $75 with Enbridge or the Ontario government s 25% energy rebate and not both. That Reno depot and Amazon links prize came back to original $329. I missed the bus this time :-(
Jun 11, 2013
125 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
kimbrian4 wrote: I just chatted with Enbridge, and they said they ran out of Home Depot coupon codes. That's why Home Depot option disappeared I guess
Told me to check tomorrow again.
Thanks for checking, I also just got off live chat with enbridge support and they said hopefully will have more HD coupon codes early next week.
Apr 5, 2018
20 posts
All, looking for some advice towards Enbridge $75 savings in ON. On the phone they advised that the coupon only applies at HD or ecobee / nest website directly.
How are any of you scoring the $75 off from Costco and other retailers.

Separately HD store refused to stack price match + $75 match saying their store doesn’t permit.

Which means best price I can get is:
Retail: 329
Enbridge discount 75$
Subtotal 254
25% Ontario saving -63.5
Subtotal 190.5
Hst included 215.3
Apr 5, 2018
20 posts
The GTA HD I went refused to stack price match with the Enbridge savings. How do you get around that?
Jun 11, 2013
125 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Home depot rebate coupon is back on Enbridge now. Had to contact them to void my google store code to get the home depot one.

HD stores should be applying Ontario saving rebate + enbridge rebate according to their site.

"REBATES AVAILABLE [IN-STORE ONLY]
Eligible for Ontario Rebate Program – Save 25% up to a maximum discount of $500 on select ENERGY STAR® products with instant In-Store rebate. Browse Products - LEARN MORE
You may be eligible for an additional $75 rebate from Enbridge, click here to learn about rebates in your region."
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4596 posts
3099 upvotes
Toronto
BalaMeenakshiK68528 wrote: Hi, just checked with Enbridge. Home Depot is no more doing instant rebates with them it seems. Also they said I can only avail either the instant rebate of $75 with Enbridge or the Ontario government s 25% energy rebate and not both. That Reno depot and Amazon links prize came back to original $329. I missed the bus this time :-(
There are several Amazon.ca ones you could do for price match. This one (right now) is $295.54 - https://www.amazon.ca/Nest-Learning-The ... RG6VK?th=1
If you click around on some other options you'll see some other prices. They tend to fluctuate day to day.

If a Home Depot doesn't do all 3 (Price match, 25% Ontario Rebate and $75 Enbridge coupon), then go to another Home Depot location that will.
Last edited by rob444 on Nov 15th, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4596 posts
3099 upvotes
Toronto
capnboom wrote: How are any of you scoring the $75 off from Costco and other retailers.
Nobody is. We are using those prices to get Home Depot to do a price match on.
Separately HD store refused to stack price match + $75 match saying their store doesn’t permit.
They do permit, but really it's up to the store manager. You need to go to another Home Depot that will do it. If you call customer service, their rep should say the same, so perhaps get them to talk to the store manager or something.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3384 upvotes
rob444 wrote: There are several Amazon.ca ones you could do for price match. This one (right now) is $295.54 - https://www.amazon.ca/Nest-Learning-The ... RG6VK?th=1
If you click around on some other options you'll see some other prices. They tend to fluctuate day to day.

If a Home Depot doesn't do all 3 (Price match, 25% Ontario Rebate and $75 Enbridge coupon), then go to another Home Depot location that will.
doesn't HD require amazon nest 3 be sold and fulfilled by amazon instead of 3rd party sellers?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4596 posts
3099 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote: doesn't HD require amazon nest 3 be sold and fulfilled by amazon instead of 3rd party sellers?
The ones I've linked to were sold by Amazon.ca (Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca)

However even if they aren't, it all depends on the employee that does the PM. The one that processed my order simply checked the part description and price, and that was it.
Mar 21, 2017
21 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Got all three since enbridge started issuing coupons for HD again.

Tried to do Reno depot from a screen shot last week but they said it was .com but the price went up.

So did pm with amazon.ca

Good luck.
Images
  • 7FFDDBB1-289C-4755-B0FD-2EE9DF202D7D.png
  • C1576599-B573-4BA0-BF35-3040FD4B5FA5.png
  • B88735E3-7616-4FF4-BBEE-2C0C17AEAD80.png
  • CC517450-4B43-471D-BAFA-1AB7F09D117E.jpeg