Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Nitrile coated work gloves $1/pair

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2020 9:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1950 posts
3726 upvotes
Airdrie, AB

[Home Depot] Nitrile coated work gloves $1/pair

In case you've missed these in the past (I think last sale was in July/August), these work gloves are back:
HD-NitrileGloves.jpg

On sale at $1 a pair (one size only), they're great for protecting your hands while providing added grip. I wear them when I buy/handle lumber, and keep some spares around the garage, trunk, house, etc.

Check for local stock first, since not all locations may carry this, even though it's a national sale: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=hd&sku=1001382659
17 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1475 posts
2938 upvotes
I would think at this point, people are gonna try to find the $2 mechanix gloves first.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2013
1167 posts
1542 upvotes
Calgary
Canadiansinner wrote: I would think at this point, people are gonna try to find the $2 mechanix gloves first.
Much better deal
Apr 8, 2007
561 posts
200 upvotes
These are surprisingly pretty durable, I've been using the same pair for the whole summer. Using it for yard work, digging, pulling weeds, etc. They are still going strong with no punctures or anything. The Mechanix gloves are good, I have them too, but perhaps not best suited for all applications. For example when doing fertilizer work or work where you are touching chemicals, you would want to use these as the coating will allow them to be washed off easily.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2319 posts
1385 upvotes
GTA
Covid gloves. Keep a pair in each car to get gas, etc.
Jun 27, 2006
598 posts
284 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
These are great for car work as, ironically, Mechanix are usually to thick to get your hand in tight spots
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1993 posts
1861 upvotes
exrcoupe wrote: Covid gloves. Keep a pair in each car to get gas, etc.
Then you'd be bringing the Covid home with you (if there was any) as opposed to disposable gloves. I use one disposable on my pump hand and the bare hand touches things that are mine.
Sep 9, 2014
392 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Walmart had some $2 pairs yesterday aswell
Thank you for this
Jan 12, 2013
84 posts
168 upvotes
London
shadowsteve wrote: Then you'd be bringing the Covid home with you (if there was any) as opposed to disposable gloves. I use one disposable on my pump hand and the bare hand touches things that are mine.
Using gloves for these sorts of activities is silly. Keep sanitizer with you, I keep a bottle in the drivers side door. Sanitize every time you get back in the car. Wash your hands thoroughly when you get home. It is more dangerous to handle gloves that may have COVID on them, and assume you're safer (potentially reducing your rate of sanitizing or washing).
Mar 26, 2004
381 posts
283 upvotes
Ottawa
Grabbed another 20. These are great for handling charcoal and dirty smoker parts when prepping for cooks. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
1157 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto
Just FYI, these are readily washable in the laundry and dryer. I've had the same 5 pairs that I've rotated for about a year, although a different brand.
buffylover wrote: im pretty sure thincrust hates you
Aug 13, 2006
830 posts
632 upvotes
Ottawa
I picked up those and didn't like them. They are not breathable so hands inside get sweaty after a while.
What I found at local Home Depot in clearance section was level 4 cut resistance 2 pairs of gloves for around 7 bucks(makes it around 4 bucks for a pair). I tried and really liked them. I'll probably make a trip to pick up couple more pairs.

P.S. These are the once I am talking about. They are down to 7.98 at least in Barrhaven
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/premiu ... 1001002374
Dec 27, 2016
126 posts
193 upvotes
If anyone is looking for it at Markham East.

It is in Aisle 17 inside a wire bin.
Jan 6, 2008
338 posts
148 upvotes
ontario
burtonage wrote: Using gloves for these sorts of activities is silly. Keep sanitizer with you, I keep a bottle in the drivers side door. Sanitize every time you get back in the car. Wash your hands thoroughly when you get home. It is more dangerous to handle gloves that may have COVID on them, and assume you're safer (potentially reducing your rate of sanitizing or washing).
This /|\ Using gloves is just asking for trouble. However, better to use gloves if you have any open wounds of course. Best is to just use bare hands and you're more likely to treat them like the plague, thus be much more careful, until you clean them. In fact, better than sanitizer is a spray bottle with strong concentration of hand or dish soap (Dawn), and another with plain water. Soap actually kills the virus quicker than sanitizer which essentially dries it out. I keep a bottles in pocket of my rear door and when I return to my truck, that is first door I open after loading anything in the back.
Nov 28, 2003
623 posts
327 upvotes
Montreal
shadowsteve wrote: Then you'd be bringing the Covid home with you (if there was any) as opposed to disposable gloves. I use one disposable on my pump hand and the bare hand touches things that are mine.
You can always carefully take the "covid gloves" off and leave them in the trunk (and then apply hand sanitizer before driving off). Unless you tank up on a daily basis, the gloves should be "covid free" next time you use them.
Nov 28, 2003
623 posts
327 upvotes
Montreal
Picked these gloves up in the summer and they are ok for short usage as after a while my hands started to sweat. The Gardena gloves I picked on clearance from Costco (which were slightly cheaper) worked better for me as my hands did not sweat after prolong usage. The HD gloves are also bigger than the Gardena gloves. Non the less, still a good deal.