Apr 18, 2012
1434 posts
205 upvotes
Has anyone gone to Home Depot today? Is there a long line up
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8178 posts
1284 upvotes
Elgin Mills location in Richmond Hill at about 9:45 am this morning had a pretty long line-up outside, saw it as I was driving by after leaving the Costco there. Not Costco-level long, but maybe 20+ people I think.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4815 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto
snipe2014 wrote: Has anyone gone to Home Depot today? Is there a long line up
Want to know as well. I didn't go but did drive pass one around 2pm today. Couldn't see if or where's line up, but the parking lot looked quite full, seemed more full than pre-pandemic normal. The previous blockage setup on the parking lot for curb-side pickup seemed to be all gone. So I'd imagine either a long line-up outside or crowded inside. I'd wait at least a couple days, perhaps go during early morning weekday.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5504 posts
2728 upvotes
Mississauga
Drove past the HD at Dundas and Winston Park Drive late this morning and didn't see any line up at all. Lots of cars in the parking lot.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8054 posts
4541 upvotes
Kootenays
Karala wrote: Can't see that when on the mobile site. Still would help with clarification of which store they are interested in.
RFD rule #1...if no location given, it's COTU!
Feb 22, 2017
25 posts
11 upvotes
Went to Heartland Homedepot at noon. About 30 minutes wait to get in.
Aug 21, 2010
566 posts
229 upvotes
toronto
is it like grocery stores..dots for 6 feet away outside lineup and for inside at cashier dots for 6 feet away
rmvmnm wrote: Went to Heartland Homedepot at noon. About 30 minutes wait to get in.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14178 posts
11391 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
your best bet wrote: is it like grocery stores..dots for 6 feet away outside lineup and for inside at cashier dots for 6 feet away
Haven’t been ...

But YES it will be the NEW Normal of how stores are allowed to operate ... esp in Ontario
(Seeing as your RFD Locator says Toronto )

6 feet spacing for Physical Distancing ... and controlled capacity for # of Customers allowed in the store

Often with one way aisles and a “circuit” from front door to the cashiers marked by arrows etc

Expect to see this in force for MONTHS to come

Plus some stores are also gonna implement a MASK REQUIRED POLICY to further protect their staff & premises from coughing & sneezing “spittlely” Customers
Feb 22, 2017
25 posts
11 upvotes
your best bet wrote: is it like grocery stores..dots for 6 feet away outside lineup and for inside at cashier dots for 6 feet away
Yes just like grocery stores. Self checkout was quick with cashiers giving a helping hand. Cashing out was very quick.
Nov 21, 2010
827 posts
380 upvotes
Canada
I'm still waiting for my curbside pickup order to be processed from over 3 weeks ago. I ordered items for curbside pickup a week after that and those were ready for pickup in just a few days after. Items were and have been in stock. Can't seem to be able to call in or get a text response back; online chat button doesn't appear for me during business hours.

Getting frustrated at this point.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
3549 posts
1348 upvotes
I'm also waiting for my curbside pickup order. I ordered it 3 weeks ago.

I decided to send them an email, but in the Home Depot Canada website there is only an option to send them an SMS text message. So I did and I got an automated reply:
"Thank you for messaging The Home Depot Online Support. At this time we are experiencing higher than normal volumes. An agent will be with you within 7 days. You may also call us at 1-800-628-0525 for assistance."
WTF? An agent may reply to my message within 7 DAYS????
OR,
Call them on the phone --- possibly wasting 1 hour, or more, on hold.

Honestly, if you guys got your order from Home Depot, you are lucky.

And I won't shop here again... LOL
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2241 posts
1812 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
smitty9999 wrote: im also in orangeville
dont hold your breath
I'm sorry for your loss, I wouldn't wish Orangeville on anyone.
I like credit unions and Honda Civics.
Member with DUCA Credit Union.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2241 posts
1812 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
tommyamaral wrote: I went to Lowes this morning when it opened at 7am it was dead walked right in, on the way home passed by Home depot OMG the line up was down the parking lot. This was the Queensway Locations.
Idk why people want to go to Home Depot so badly, Lowe's is better IMO
Jan 4, 2014
963 posts
344 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
jacnel wrote: Idk why people want to go to Home Depot so badly, Lowe's is better IMO

Lowe's near me has way less choice brand wise, and the things they do have are usually way more expensive than home depot. I much prefer home depot for almost anything tool wise.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2241 posts
1812 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
ahumanbeing wrote: Lowe's near me has way less choice brand wise, and the things they do have are usually way more expensive than home depot. I much prefer home depot for almost anything tool wise.
To each their own.

I find that Lowe's sells brands that HD does not and vise versa. Prices are about the same. My parents remodelled our basement with parts mostly from Lowe's and I think it looks good. I really do try to support Lowe's since they haven't been having such a good time in Canada.

Edit: are you talking about the Lowe's near the parkway or the one at the Boardwalk?