Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot and others] Google Nest E smart thermostat sale - $179.99 ($50 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2020 7:08 pm
[OP]
Oct 28, 2016
98 posts
37 upvotes

Google Nest E smart thermostat sale - $179.99 ($50 off)

Deal Link:
Price:
$179.99
Savings:
$50 off
Expiry:
September 10, 2020
Retailer:
Home Depot and others
Looks like the Google Nest E smart thermostat is on sale at Home Depot and other retailers like Bestbuy etc

Not sure if this will be better come Oct for us B.C. residents without the rebate but it is def good for Ontario with the Enbridge rebate.
11 replies
Dec 22, 2012
449 posts
220 upvotes
Mississauga
from the enbridge site: https://enbridgesmartsavings.com/smart-thermostats

Enbridge Gas customers who reside in a detached, semi-detached or row townhomes can now get an instant $75 rebate towards a qualifying smart thermostat purchase online and at Home Depot stores province wide. Click on the link below to request your instant rebate coupon.
Sep 12, 2010
20 posts
57 upvotes
The Enbridge rebate for Google Store can't be stacked on top of the $50 off. It seems homedepot's can. But you will have to goto the store to check out with the rebate.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10006 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone appled for the rebate does anyone or any marketing company come to your house?
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1132 posts
313 upvotes
I HIGHLY recommend anyone looking to buy this in Ontario, to order from Bestbuy since you will get another 25% off. You should be able to get the enbridge rebate as well if you haven't had a smart thermostat in the past as mentioned above.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/go ... e/11446735

Order Summary
Product Subtotal $229.99
Order Discounts
-$95.00
Estimated Shipping Free
Estimated Taxes $17.55
Estimated Total $152.54
Nov 8, 2012
721 posts
606 upvotes
London, ON
Thanks, but arent the rebates redeemable only at HD stores? Is there a way to get a coupon to use in person at a Best Buy store?
Jun 25, 2020
106 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Steven91 wrote: I HIGHLY recommend anyone looking to buy this in Ontario, to order from Bestbuy since you will get another 25% off. You should be able to get the enbridge rebate as well if you haven't had a smart thermostat in the past as mentioned above.

Order Summary
Product Subtotal $229.99
Order Discounts
-$95.00
Estimated Shipping Free
Estimated Taxes $17.55
Estimated Total $152.54
I chatted with Enbridge customer care. They were clear that the rebate can only be used at HD or google store. I bought the regular model at Best Buy with the 25% off ($82.5 discount) a few days ago.
May 15, 2008
93 posts
36 upvotes
Mississauga
bigton wrote: The Enbridge rebate for Google Store can't be stacked on top of the $50 off. It seems homedepot's can. But you will have to goto the store to check out with the rebate.
Confirmed. Enbridge rebate does not stack with Google Store's current promotion.
So how do I get the Home Depot coupon now? Edit: I called into Enbridge; they voided my Google store coupon and allowed me to re-apply for Home Depot
Last edited by jason.chan07 on Sep 3rd, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2007
913 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
Steven91 wrote: I HIGHLY recommend anyone looking to buy this in Ontario, to order from Bestbuy since you will get another 25% off. You should be able to get the enbridge rebate as well if you haven't had a smart thermostat in the past as mentioned above.

Order Summary
Product Subtotal $229.99
Order Discounts
-$95.00
Estimated Shipping Free
Estimated Taxes $17.55
Estimated Total $152.54
Thanks for the tip! I ordered one from Best Buy which comes to $134.99 since I'm in a condo and don't quality for the Enbridge coupon. Just wondering if people recommend the Nest E over the ecobee3 lite? Seems like Nest doesn't have Apple Homekit support and ecobee has the PEK power kit which I don't care about. Are there any other key differences? Nest E seems the cheapest with the current sale.
Aug 25, 2020
2 posts
I got this in store at an Ottawa HD, they let me apply the Enbridge rebate on top of the sale price.
[OP]
Oct 28, 2016
98 posts
37 upvotes
Too bad in B.C. we currently have no rebates nevertheless seems like a good deal since I have been tracking these for a long time now.

Costco suddenly pulled their Nest E thermostat offline a few days after this deal appeared. Wondering if they are thinking of restocking and repricing.
Jul 6, 2020
4 posts
4 upvotes
Does anyone know if Home Depot in Ontario is still taking off 25% off of the regular Nest 3rd Gen price?