Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] OVE Elvina 60" Shower Base + Sliding Glass Shower Doors $420. $1500 at Lowes

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2017 10:17 am
Sep 14, 2007
792 posts
242 upvotes
Calgary, AB
dreaderus wrote: is this meant for when u want to add a bathroom?
That's one way. You can also install in place of existing 60" tub.
Dec 23, 2014
27 posts
2 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
hachi8 wrote: Question: how do you trap hair with these types of drains

Not sure about this model specifically but usually the base uses a normal shower drain body. You can have the drain body grill under the decorative one to trap hair.
Jun 9, 2009
332 posts
96 upvotes
Mississauga
Does anyone know how much it cost for installation?
Dec 5, 2005
840 posts
504 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
Chewfam wrote: The one at Costco stores is $699.99 but is 12mm glass VS this one at 8mm.
Not here in Kitchener and Guelph the price dropped a few weeks ago to $649
Oct 23, 2011
203 posts
188 upvotes
jakemtl wrote: I bought this about 6 weeks ago, it's a good door. My only complaint about it is the handle - cheap plastic made to look like metal. It became loose after a couple of days because bit can't handle the weight of the door. It's an easy fix - add some glue or silicone to the screw that secures the door handle to the glass.

Wonder if I can get a price reduction...

yes, you can price adjust it if not over 90 days
Nov 18, 2016
151 posts
239 upvotes
matmann wrote: Not sure about this model specifically but usually the base uses a normal shower drain body. You can have the drain body grill under the decorative one to trap hair.
That's the case with that model. Just purchased one. Thanks again OP
Apr 14, 2009
142 posts
45 upvotes
Burlington
The two HD in my area have different price for some reason. Grabbed one!. Thanks OP.
Apr 14, 2009
142 posts
45 upvotes
Burlington
PriceHunter wrote: Wouldn't price matching with Lowes get an extra 10% down?
I tried the PM via online chat. I was told that the model number is different. The agent called OVE and left a message. I should get an email with a decision later on.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3425 posts
636 upvotes
London
jakemtl wrote: I bought this about 6 weeks ago, it's a good door. My only complaint about it is the handle - cheap plastic made to look like metal. It became loose after a couple of days because bit can't handle the weight of the door. It's an easy fix - add some glue or silicone to the screw that secures the door handle to the glass.

Wonder if I can get a price reduction...
I wonder if there is any way to change the handle?
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6159 posts
2077 upvotes
Is this a good deal at 420 or is the Costco one better?
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
24975 posts
4213 upvotes
Ordered one from the Cobourg HD.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8336 posts
4608 upvotes
ON
These are good quality and unbeatable for the price you're paying.
Make sure to use the base adjustable leg supports to take the weight not the sides of the base.
On another note, who puts a shower in a lobby ???
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3035 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
ised wrote: I tried the PM via online chat. I was told that the model number is different. The agent called OVE and left a message. I should get an email with a decision later on.
Good luck with that. I tried the Lowes BS. Ordered from HD online instead for local pick up.
Apr 14, 2009
142 posts
45 upvotes
Burlington
GSD wrote: Good luck with that. I tried the Lowes BS. Ordered from HD online instead for local pick up.
Lowes did come through actually! $378+tax w/ FS. Ordered one and will wait until its shipped before I cancel my HD order. I was told that I cant share the quote as it is one time use only.