Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] OVE Elvina 60" Shower Base + Sliding Glass Shower Doors $420. $1500 at Lowes

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2017 10:17 am
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3033 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
ised wrote: Lowes did come through actually! $378+tax w/ FS. Ordered one and will wait until its shipped before I cancel my HD order. I was told that I cant share the quote as it is one time use only.

Great, who was your agent can you pm me the reference number?
Thx
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10344 posts
4813 upvotes
Bought $420 picking up tomorrow.Not sure if i want this one but at this price why not.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Jul 19, 2007
393 posts
84 upvotes
Markham
For those of you who installed it already, what's the minimum height required?
I have the both the air duct and return channels going above where my shower Will be and I have a max clearance of 75" only.
Dimensions required say I need 82" so Is there any margin on this unit installation that can allow the clearance of 75" only?
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1064 posts
280 upvotes
ised wrote: Lowes did come through actually! $378+tax w/ FS. Ordered one and will wait until its shipped before I cancel my HD order. I was told that I cant share the quote as it is one time use only.

Really? Lowe's sent me email saying the item is being liquidated and will be removed from site soon. No pm.
"A festivus for the rest of us"

Items for Sale:
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3033 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
dling7 wrote: Really? Lowe's sent me email saying the item is being liquidated and will be removed from site soon. No pm.
They gave me the same BS. Lowes sucks!
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3033 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
GSD wrote: They gave me the same BS. Lowes sucks!
Item has been on the Lowes.ca since yesterday, they are being jackasses. After 3 calls and an hour on hold I get this email:

Thanks for reaching Lowes.ca Customer Service!

With regards to your price match on the Ove Decors Elvina 60-in Bathroom Shower Door. We have been advised by Ove Decors that this product has been liquidated. And is currently no longer being offered. The product is in process of being removed as for sale with Lowe's at this time. We do apologize for any inconvenience on this.

Should you require further assistance, feel free to email us anytime at support@lowes.ca. For immediate assistance call our Customer Service at 888-985-6937 or use our Live Chat service again.

Cheers!

Brent McAlister | Customer Service Associate
www.lowes.ca
1.888.985.6937 x 2285
support@lowes.ca

Brent prepared a quote then apparently upper management decided to pull the order without telling staff. The customer service manager Cisco was useless,
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1126 posts
602 upvotes
Oakville
Never had any luck PM'ing at Lowes. No wonder they missed on earnings and revenues estimates and forecast lower earnings yesterday. Customer service is non existant and a such HD will always be my first go to.
Mar 28, 2011
151 posts
77 upvotes
Oakville
LOOSEWHEEL wrote: Never had any luck PM'ing at Lowes. No wonder they missed on earnings and revenues estimates and forecast lower earnings yesterday. Customer service is non existant and a such HD will always be my first go to.
Agree,
I'll avoid Lowes in the future.
It's a fake price match. I told agent the same.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3033 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
Beket wrote: Agree,
I'll avoid Lowes in the future.
It's a fake price match. I told agent the same.
I agree especially as the product is listed on the Ove website and Lowes.ca with no indication of liquidation on any website. Also why would Lowes confirm the model number when they were going to weasel out of the price match.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1740 posts
1241 upvotes
I ordered online for in store pickup 45 days ago. I am told that price guarantee is 30 days so I will return and rebuy and can only be done in store. Really crappy service from Home Depot. They want me to haul this massive item to the store when all this should be is a some refund of the price difference!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1653 posts
1003 upvotes
Ottawa
jakemtl wrote: I ordered online for in store pickup 45 days ago. I am told that price guarantee is 30 days so I will return and rebuy and can only be done in store. Really crappy service from Home Depot. They want me to haul this massive item to the store when all this should be is a some refund of the price difference!
Don't haul to the store... buy a new one return with old receipt. Save yourself a lot of hassle
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8336 posts
4608 upvotes
ON
resan wrote: For those of you who installed it already, what's the minimum height required?
I have the both the air duct and return channels going above where my shower Will be and I have a max clearance of 75" only.
Dimensions required say I need 82" so Is there any margin on this unit installation that can allow the clearance of 75" only?
The glass height +base height is your overall height restriction and there's no way to change that.
The only way would be to scrap the base, dig your shower if drain slope allows and do a tile bed recessed into the floor . A lot of work that requires skill and experience so unless you're doing it yourself you're spending a lot of money that will negate the savings of buying this shower unit.
Jul 19, 2007
393 posts
84 upvotes
Markham
Thanks dilligafeh for the reply and suggestion and I measured it again and it came up as 81 3/4 from concrete to my air channel still short.
So yes I agree better to look for a different alternate.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1740 posts
1241 upvotes
Thanks OP. Got $158 refunded on my card