Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] OVE Elvina 60" Shower Base + Sliding Glass Shower Doors $420. $1500 at Lowes

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2017 10:17 am
Jun 9, 2017
523 posts
295 upvotes
Can someone post their receipt with price match from home Depot or steps for price match. Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1063 posts
280 upvotes
Ordered for ispu at Pickering but decided to not install. Not sure of stock levels but if anyone wants mine it's yours, just pm me.
"A festivus for the rest of us"

Items for Sale:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5860 posts
259 upvotes
Quebec
how do you even carry this home? or do you pay HD for dleivery once in store?
Jul 1, 2007
169 posts
73 upvotes
fakishan wrote: how do you even carry this home? or do you pay HD for dleivery once in store?
You need a minivan or just rent HD's van. It has two boxes, one is for base and not heavy, the other bigger one is for glasses and pretty heavy, but you can get a hand from HD stuff, so you only need worry about after you arrive home.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8314 posts
4579 upvotes
ON
fakishan wrote: how do you even carry this home? or do you pay HD for dleivery once in store?
Really bro ??
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4101 posts
9518 upvotes
Quebec
Thx OP
Got one for my father!
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
8933 posts
2844 upvotes
Check the Ove unit at Costco before buying the one at HD. The one we purchased 2 years ago from Costco had 12 mm glass, the HD one is 8mm
Discomfort is your friend
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2095 posts
491 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
I purchased one from Costco for $650 for future renovation.
Carried it home in a Toyota Sienna, but man was it heavy, 12mm glass makes this box crazy heavy.
I'm really fit, but it surprised me when I tried to lift it with Costco associate :D
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4072 posts
1394 upvotes
blexann wrote: Check the Ove unit at Costco before buying the one at HD. The one we purchased 2 years ago from Costco had 12 mm glass, the HD one is 8mm
is bigger always better? :)

no but really..
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
8933 posts
2844 upvotes
def47 wrote: is bigger always better? :)

no but really..
Thicker :-)
Discomfort is your friend
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1736 posts
1202 upvotes
Saad1988 wrote: How did you get refund for price match?
I didn't. I bought this a few weeks sgo for $698
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2009
1031 posts
107 upvotes
Mississauga
Just wondering any experts here who can help in installing this? Please let me know . Thank you!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4174 posts
3450 upvotes
Toronto
I'm surprised at how many people seem to be interested in this because it's a good deal, but don't seem to know what's required when installing this. Basically, expect to use this only for a full bathroom renovation.

It's sized to replace a standard bathtub, but to remove the tub, you'll need to remove several rows of tiles above the tub, and now need to tile the gap between the shower pan and former tub height (+ the several rows removed). Most people will thus just re-tile the entire shower area and also put in an appropriate waterproof backing. When planning all that new tile in the shower area, you might as well replace the other wall tile in the bathroom that's likely dated-looking now and, of course, the floor tile. Then you'll want to paint the non-tiled areas to match. After looking at those tasks, you'll feel you'll need to update the vanity and mirror. After all that, of course you might as well get a new light and more powerful exhaust fan, etc. etc. etc. It's like that potato chip commercial where you "can't eat just one"...

The only time this is a relatively "small" project and thus an impulse buy is if you already have a shower pan but with just a shower curtain so you only want to install the glass and leave everything else alone.
Oct 1, 2012
56 posts
4 upvotes
Edmonton
jm1 wrote: I'm surprised at how many people seem to be interested in this because it's a good deal, but don't seem to know what's required when installing this. Basically, expect to use this only for a full bathroom renovation.

It's sized to replace a standard bathtub, but to remove the tub, you'll need to remove several rows of tiles above the tub, and now need to tile the gap between the shower pan and former tub height (+ the several rows removed). Most people will thus just re-tile the entire shower area and also put in an appropriate waterproof backing. When planning all that new tile in the shower area, you might as well replace the other wall tile in the bathroom that's likely dated-looking now and, of course, the floor tile. Then you'll want to paint the non-tiled areas to match. After looking at those tasks, you'll feel you'll need to update the vanity and mirror. After all that, of course you might as well get a new light and more powerful exhaust fan, etc. etc. etc. It's like that potato chip commercial where you "can't eat just one"...

The only time this is a relatively "small" project and thus an impulse buy is if you already have a shower pan but with just a shower curtain so you only want to install the glass and leave everything else alone.

How about what i'm doing building a bathroom would it be a good deal?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3030 posts
927 upvotes
Toronto
jm1 wrote: I'm surprised at how many people seem to be interested in this because it's a good deal, but don't seem to know what's required when installing this. Basically, expect to use this only for a full bathroom renovation.

Picking mine up from Pickering HD, will be used for a new washroom build in the basement, hopefully not such a big issue like your quote.