Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] OVE Elvina 60" Shower Base + Sliding Glass Shower Doors $420. $1500 at Lowes

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2017 10:17 am
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3033 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
That second package with glass doors is extremely heavy!

There were 3 units on hold at Pickering HD.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4179 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
mounma wrote: How about what i'm doing building a bathroom would it be a good deal?
If you're starting from scratch and know that you want that exact size shower (and not making a bigger or square shower), then it's a good price for that thickness of glass. As others have mentioned, the Costco one has thicker glass, but is also more expensive.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4179 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
GSD wrote: Picking mine up from Pickering HD, will be used for a new washroom build in the basement, hopefully not such a big issue like your quote.
Well, if it's a new bathroom and you don't want to make a bigger shower nor put in a tiled shower base, then you'll be fine. My post was more of a warning to impulse buyers thinking they can plop this in during a weekend into their existing bathroom.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3033 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
jm1 wrote: Well, if it's a new bathroom and you don't want to make a bigger shower nor put in a tiled shower base, then you'll be fine. My post was more of a warning to impulse buyers thinking they can plop this in during a weekend into their existing bathroom.
Ok thanks, not sure if I will go with a tiled base
Oct 31, 2004
89 posts
Toronto
jm1 wrote: Well, if it's a new bathroom and you don't want to make a bigger shower nor put in a tiled shower base, then you'll be fine. My post was more of a warning to impulse buyers thinking they can plop this in during a weekend into their existing bathroom.
I'm doing a tiled base. Why would this not work?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4179 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
indapipe wrote: I'm doing a tiled base. Why would this not work?
It'll work if you plan to just use the glass and not use the included acrylic base. But then it's not quite as good a deal. You can probably resell the acrylic base for about $50-$75, so it'll net to, say, $350 for the glass, which is still decent, but you may want to consider spending a bit more for a modern frameless design, especially if you're paying the additional expense of a tiled base.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8336 posts
4608 upvotes
ON
jm1 wrote: It'll work if you plan to just use the glass and not use the included acrylic base. But then it's not quite as good a deal. You can probably resell the acrylic base for about $50-$75, so it'll net to, say, $350 for the glass, which is still decent, but you may want to consider spending a bit more for a modern frameless design, especially if you're paying the additional expense of a tiled base.
I have not seen a sliding door with any less frame than this model.
You might be thinking of a hinged door.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1740 posts
1241 upvotes
jm1 wrote: It'll work if you plan to just use the glass and not use the included acrylic base. But then it's not quite as good a deal. You can probably resell the acrylic base for about $50-$75, so it'll net to, say, $350 for the glass, which is still decent, but you may want to consider spending a bit more for a modern frameless design, especially if you're paying the additional expense of a tiled base.
Completely disagree. Door looks great on a tiled base and you aren't going to find anything at this price point.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4179 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
dilligafeh wrote: I have not seen a sliding door with any less frame than this model.
You might be thinking of a hinged door.
The one on sale is the traditional framed design, usually with a metal track on all four sides (although this one doesn't have a track at the bottom). The door slides via a track at the top.

For the true frameless design, there's only a thick bar at the top and the door slides via rollers on the bar. There's nothing on the sides and bottom except caulking or a thin gasket on the non-moving piece. Like this:

I haven't looked closely at the one currently sold at Costco, but I bought one from Costco a couple of years ago and it was the true frameless design.
Sep 15, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
I just bought one shower kit from Home depot Pickering on Kingston rd for $350 plus tax. They had 5 more in stock. Super cheap
Jun 9, 2017
532 posts
295 upvotes
ABD777 wrote: I just bought one shower kit from Home depot Pickering on Kingston rd for $350 plus tax. They had 5 more in stock. Super cheap
Did you buy the same shower kit, so has the price gone down?
Sep 15, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Yes it s the same one. Online it sells for 350 as well but u can't add it to cart.
Aug 10, 2013
425 posts
195 upvotes
Mississauga
Beket wrote: Agree,
I'll avoid Lowes in the future.
It's a fake price match. I told agent the same.
Be careful ! Lowes they bump up the price for all the promotion coupon codes.
I was thinking to wait for the no tax coupon, but infact they bumped up the price of the item that I want.
I was mad, and go to Home Depot and never LOOK BACK!
Jul 26, 2017
205 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Looks pretty decent. I'm no handyman though so don't quote me.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3033 posts
934 upvotes
Toronto
Got my $70 price adjustment yesterday. Online no longer displays stock although Pickering showed 7 in stock yesterday.