Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Pit Boss BBQ Metal Grill Scraper $7.99 (Online Exclusive - Free ship to store)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2019 9:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7767 posts
9341 upvotes

[Home Depot] Pit Boss BBQ Metal Grill Scraper $7.99 (Online Exclusive - Free ship to store)

Believe it or not, this is their regular selling price, but I could not find it cheaper anywhere!

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/pit-bo ... 1001184316

I've been using this for several months now, and is by far, the best tool for keeping your BBQ grills super clean, and blows away any wooden scraper!

Presently on sale for $15.99 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Pit-Boss-Grills-6 ... B0775Q6M21

***This scraper is non forgiving, so make sure the gaps match your BBQ grills. (I went for pickup with my wooden scraper and the gaps were a match)

This is the BBQ I have: Napoleon TQ285X, and even with the wavy grill pattern, it cleans like a champ!

Pit Boss Metal Grill Scraper is built to remove the rustiest and crustiest parts of your grill.
Wire brushes can lose bristles, but not with this scraper.
Different placements of the scrapers allow this tool to work on most all grill grate types.
Also includes a scraper for the griddle owner.
Never cook on a dirty grill again.

Heavy duty steel construction - no more lost bristles
Universal design allows for safe and effective use on all grates stainless steel, cast iron, porcelain coated and griddles
Safe for use on LP grills, smokers, pellet grills, charcoal, electric and infrared
Safely removes grease build up and charred meat
Last edited by IDStorms on Sep 13th, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
32 replies
May 7, 2019
16 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Great find. Whoever questions this is a tool. Like this tool ;) haha
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19001 posts
5899 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Looks like a good way of ruining enameled grates to me (over time).

The only thing anybody really needs is a good wood scraper.

You don't need or want to get all the grease off, just the stuck on stuff from the surface.
Dec 12, 2010
291 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver
BinaryJay wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 11:31 pm
Looks like a good way of ruining enameled grates to me (over time).

The only thing anybody really needs is a good wood scraper.

You don't need or want to get all the grease off, just the stuck on stuff from the surface.
How often do you clean your grates?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2006 posts
1024 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanked I let my kids to scrape the kitchen
Apr 22, 2009
309 posts
102 upvotes
The secret to a Bundy Burger is "in the ashes", : "Ashes of the past for burgers of the future".Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7767 posts
9341 upvotes
mdl.tor wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 4:51 pm
I swear by the Weber nylon scraper (or whatever it is made out of).
https://www.weber.com/CA/en/accessories ... 52#start=1

Cheap, disposable, and super effective.
Looks interesting, but it also looks like the fibers would come off with every use.

When I'm done cleaning my grill, I wash off the scraper with a little dish soap, and it still looks brand new!
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1356 posts
322 upvotes
Thanks OP. Was about to give in and buy a wooden scraper (I can't justify the price for a piece of wood), I didn't even know this design exists but seems like a great design. Looking forward to trying it!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7767 posts
9341 upvotes
majikstic wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 9:03 pm
Thanks OP. Was about to give in and buy a wooden scraper (I can't justify the price for a piece of wood), I didn't even know this design exists but seems like a great design. Looking forward to trying it!
After ditching the wire brush, I went for this bamboo scraper: https://www.amazon.ca/Safer-Wood-Wooden ... B01HWBUOZK <- was on sale for $13

This design works at both ends, so it also cleans underneath the grills, but in general, a wooden scraper requires much more work than the old wire brushes.

I started using a metal knife, and this bamboo scraper, and I found the job went much easier, and the grill was also cleaner.

At one point, I started only using a metal blade, but somehow came across this Pit Boss metal scraper,
and instantly knew this was what I was looking for, as long as the groove pattern would match my grill.

I also received flat plate griddle with my BBQ which swaps out with one side of the grills, so the flip side of this being a metal scraper is an added bonus!

Since having this Pit Boss scraper, I couldn't be happier!!!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7767 posts
9341 upvotes
Here are some before/after pics...

Finished grilling for today:

Two minutes scraping using only this Pit Boss:

Pit Boss after cleaning the grill:

Ready for another day with just a bit of dish soap:
Jul 31, 2008
328 posts
157 upvotes
Markham
IDStorms wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 8:12 pm
Looks interesting, but it also looks like the fibers would come off with every use.

When I'm done cleaning my grill, I wash off the scraper with a little dish soap, and it still looks brand new!
I have never seen a single fibre come off, and I am particular about my grill. It is a tough plastic mesh that traps grease and crap.

Part of the benefit is you get rid of the crap. Combined with their grill cleaner spray, it works beautifully.
The scrapers tend to push the crap down into the pit, that you then need to clean up and can cause flare-ups etc.
You could argue anything disposable is bad, but I am already stockpiling plastic straws so I have a supply through 2050, so I consider this a bonus.

I have yet to use a Weber product that does not 100% work.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
7767 posts
9341 upvotes
mdl.tor wrote:
Sep 14th, 2019 6:38 pm
I have never seen a single fibre come off, and I am particular about my grill. It is a tough plastic mesh that traps grease and crap...
I am already stockpiling plastic straws...
I see it's a 3-pack, so approximately how long, or how many cleanings does one pad last?

Any good deals on straws? ;)